Hacking Guide me through a Casper install...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i have a 4.3u red limited edition wii, it is stock, never been hacked, etc. i want to play around with some homebrew and run a few game isos. i'm trying to follow a few vague instructions that i received but can't seem to get anything to work. after about 10 attempts i finally got something to boot but then after doing the set-up stuff i get a black screen.

what i am asking for (or asking to be linked to) is a full idiots guide to setting up casper on a 4.3u red wii. step-by-step including what media to use, how to format it, what tools to use, how to add homebrew, how to add isos, and finally how to get it all working so i can enjoy this virgin wii that i am not allowed to hack!

thank you,
-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I've been using ModMii and I've dragged the files it makes onto my USB and SD card, but something is wrong. Either I haven't formatted them correctly or I've just messed it up. After everything boots I am unable to get my ISOs running. I'm not sure what I messed up, if I missed a step, or what... This is why I am looking for a step-by-step guide, because I am obviously missing something.

The Wii is in my care but is not my own, so I can not hack it.

-Another World

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The main thing you could use casper for is to load an emulated NAND through sneek+di.

Use ModMii on your computer and run the Abstinence Wizard to install sneek and casper (included with bootmii_ios.bin). Copy the files created on to the SD Card.

Load the Wii and run your chosen exploit, casper will load instantly and will attempt to load sneek (it will take a while, but be patient). You'll know when sneek has loaded, as you'll be asked to press A to continue (you'll need to resync your remote to continue) then set it up as if it was like a new wii console and your ready to go.

For installing vc/wiiware games on your EmuNAND, use ShowMiiWads on your computer after running the EmuNAND on the Wii through sneek.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night