Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brehhhh you bricked... you bricked real hard. The 3DS guide has warnings about this all over the place.

IF you still have the NANDmin.bin file in the files9 folder of the sd card then you can pay someone to hardmode9 it for you. Go here for list of trusted ppl: https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/
Will prob cost $65-100.

Good luck.

Thanks man! I'd like to learn how to do it myself, but I'm just gonna let it go for a while, I don't play my 2ds as much as I used to, and I think I messed up somewhere around the steps i mentioned. I do appreciate your suggestions though :)

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
You could solve it by following step 13. Zoomed screen is normal on 2.1, although I'm not sure why it happens, and I never faced someone formatting a 2DS while on 2.1, so I don't know what to do. Try to create another thread and see if someone know how to solve this issue.
This is essentially a brick. And known as one of the things not to do while on 2.1

Zoomed in screen and meesed up colors are due to 2.1 being a o3ds only firmware - it was a bit of a fluke/oversight on Ninty's part that it boot with 2ds/n3ds at all

Had #15 been done - a9lh would've been installed and acted as a recovery option.

el-bori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12. Extract the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z and copy the "arm9.bin" to your microSD root.

I just need the file 1 file "arm9.bin? Or should i extract the 3ds folder to the root of the sd card also.

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Stuck at optional step: When I try to Health&Safety Inject FBI_v2.4.2_N3DS_EUR_injectable.app (the only one that shows up, I copied all .app files) I get the following lines:

slot0x25KeyX not set up
This won't work on O3DS < 7.x or A9LH
Health&Safety Inject: failed!

sic_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
12. Extract the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z and copy the "arm9.bin" to your microSD root.

I just need the file 1 file "arm9.bin? Or should i extract the 3ds folder to the root of the sd card also.
only that file. put it into ur root and let it overwrite.

JStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you rename the "Decrypt9WIP.bin" to "up_Decrypt9WIP" and put it in luma/payloads?

Yep. And put the FBI files on the "files9" folder too. I had erased that folder before and had to re-create it, though, because the guide said you could erase it before presenting the optional steps.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stuck at optional step: When I try to Health&Safety Inject FBI_v2.4.2_N3DS_EUR_injectable.app (the only one that shows up, I copied all .app files) I get the following lines:

slot0x25KeyX not set up

Need aeskeydb.bin file. I answered this a few posts ago.

monsoonsys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Finished the rest of the guide without a hitch after I followed the directions in here, so it definitely works!

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to use this guide for my brothers 3dsxl and remembered to check the SD cards size. It's 4g would that be enough?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to use this guide for my brothers 3dsxl and remembered to check the SD cards size. It's 4g would that be enough?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes I used waithax + slowhax which is not this guide but similar concept.

JStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

slot0x25KeyX not set up

Yep. And put the FBI files on the "files9" folder too. I had erased that folder before and had to re-create it, though, because the guide said you could erase it before presenting the optional steps.

Exactly the same problem as me, to make things clearer. And then there was the problem of the guide describing different menu options than what's on Hourglass9, too, which makes me wonder if I'm even on the right menu.

sic_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

slot0x25KeyX not set up

u can also use normal FBI from here.
download the .zip archive
put the "FBI" folder from the "3ds-arm" folder into ur "3ds" folder and run via homebrew launcher

So I dont need the files in the 3ds folder? SafeA9LHINstaller? Sorry is my first time doing this.

nope.

Last edited by sic_,

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
download the .zip archive
put the "FBI" folder from the "3ds-arm" folder into ur "3ds" folder and run via homebrew launcher

nope.

el_gonz87's suggestion works. You simply need to download and copy aeskeydb.bin to files9.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks man! I'd like to learn how to do it myself, but I'm just gonna let it go for a while, I don't play my 2ds as much as I used to, and I think I messed up somewhere around the steps i mentioned. I do appreciate your suggestions though :)
You messed up when you formatted while on 2.1.
Just realized that. Gonna merge the optional with the normal and move that step to the end of the guide.
Exactly the same problem as me, to make things clearer. And then there was the problem of the guide describing different menu options than what's on Hourglass9, too, which makes me wonder if I'm even on the right menu.
Hourlgass9 is able to do the same thing. In fact, Plailect used Hourlgass9 instead of Decrypt9WIP.
He would have the same problem.

JStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems like my 3DS isn't booting without the SD card, by the way. Kinda weird, anyone knows why and how to solve it? Sorta worried here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll give you a present by tying up ancientboi for you