Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiYOy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After install the HBL Loader and the Luma Updater, I have finished? Can I install illegar CIAs and Freeshop now?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, you were right. Just had to keep doing it! Maybe make that a little more clear in the OP that you just have to do it over and over.
Done.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BIG PROBLEM
I followed the guide untill step 9.I think it didnt make a nand back up because my sd was small(only 2 GB).
I continued to step 19 but it said it didnt find any files.So i updated again to 10.2 in order to use another sd and try the guide from the beggining but the 3ds doesnt open.
When i have the sd inside the blue light is on and when i remove it,it lights just one time.
Both screens are black...
Is it dead?
Follow this post:
First, check for arm9loaderhax.bin in your microSD root.

ok im restoring my 11.2 nand so after that can i use the same fbi in my homebrew app with sound app to install fbi cia that way?
You can use both.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done.

First, check for arm9loaderhax.bin in your microSD root.

You can use both.

LOL he has no backup prior to 11.2, how would arm9loaderhax.bin help?

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After install the HBL Loader and the Luma Updater, I have finished? Can I install illegar CIAs and Freeshop now?
Yeah. For freeshop, select TitleDB from FBI and install it.

LOL he has no backup prior to 11.2, how would arm9loaderhax.bin help?
He said the light turned on, but the screens remained black. Same thing that happens when you have a9lh but no arm9loaderhax.bin.

EDIT: Oh, nvm, just saw the light turned on when he took the microSD off.

Reactions: HyperT

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
ok im restoring my 11.2 nand so after that can i use the same fbi in my homebrew app with sound app to install fbi cia that way?
I don't think a9lh gives any more access/permissions to the hbl fbi. I think you will still need to either inject fbi or install legit devmenu.cua and use that to install fbi.cia

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think a9lh gives any more access/permissions to the hbl fbi. I think you will still need to either inject fbi or install legit devmenu.cia and use that to install fbi.cia
You can actually use both FBI: .3dsx and .CIA.

GelidDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused during the optional instructions while trying to to inject fbi to health&safety I get "slot0x25keyX not set up This won't work on O3DS <7. or A9LH" I finished the tutorial for the first part fine i'm using a N3ds am I supposed to downgrade again or??

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I thought I bricked it.

After I did steps 12, 13, and 14, I got stuck at a black screen after pressing start

I think that happened because I tried replacing the arm9.bin and the arm9loaderhax.bin and then pressed start.

After that point I pretty much panicked and found a way to get out of a softbrick (which I thought I was in).
Then the update failed, and it kicked me to the main 3ds menu, and the screen was all zoomed in and i thought maybe i could fix it by restoring it to factory settings.

Now I have the problem of the zoomed in screen, and my 2ds wanting me to use the 3d slider (which I obviously don't have) and can't get past that point without.

I really don't need criticism, as I can see that I messed up somewhere, I just want someone to tell me if it is possible to get anything working again, because if not I'll just buy another 3ds or 2ds in the future...

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused during the optional instructions while trying to to inject fbi to health&safety I get "slot0x25keyX not set up This won't work on O3DS <7. or A9LH" I finished the tutorial for the first part fine i'm using a N3ds am I supposed to downgrade again or??

Need the aeskeydb.bin file, follow those steps from here: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax.html

Hyoretsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

After I did steps 12, 13, and 14, I got stuck at a black screen after pressing start

I think that happened because I tried replacing the arm9.bin and the arm9loaderhax.bin and then pressed start.

After that point I pretty much panicked and found a way to get out of a softbrick (which I thought I was in).
Then the update failed, and it kicked me to the main 3ds menu, and the screen was all zoomed in and i thought maybe i could fix it by restoring it to factory settings.

Now I have the problem of the zoomed in screen, and my 2ds wanting me to use the 3d slider (which I obviously don't have) and can't get past that point without.

I really don't need criticism, as I can see that I messed up somewhere, I just want someone to tell me if it is possible to get anything working again, because if not I'll just buy another 3ds or 2ds in the future...
You could solve it by following step 13. Zoomed screen is normal on 2.1, although I'm not sure why it happens, and I never faced someone formatting a 2DS while on 2.1, so I don't know what to do. Try to create another thread and see if someone know how to solve this issue.

JStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright, I completed the guide with success, pretty cool.

I'm having trouble with the optional part, though. On step 6:

6. Press UP while booting your console and choose "SysNAND Options", "Miscellaneous", "Health&Safety Inject". Press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A and START to reboot into Home Menu.

Nothing happens when I press UP during boot. Pressing start takes me to a menu with similar options, but not quite the same as in the instruction. I tried to both dump/inject the Health/Safety thingy with no success.

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could solve it by following step 13. Zoomed screen is normal on 2.1, although I'm not sure why it happens, and I never faced someone formatting a 2DS while on 2.1, so I don't know what to do. Try to create another thread and see if someone know how to solve this issue.
Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it. But I don't think there is anything that can be done about this lol, I've tried over and over again to update it by using recovery mode, and no dice :|

2dsjack21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think a9lh gives any more access/permissions to the hbl fbi. I think you will still need to either inject fbi or install legit devmenu.cua and use that to install fbi.cia[/QUOTE it does I have FBI on my homebrew using soundhax and it works loaded up and used it to get freeshop :D

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Brehhhh you bricked... you bricked real hard. The 3DS guide has warnings about this all over the place.

IF you still have the NANDmin.bin file in the files9 folder of the sd card then you can pay someone to hardmode9 it for you. Go here for list of trusted ppl: https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/
Will prob cost $65-100.

Good luck.

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing happens when I press UP during boot. Pressing start takes me to a menu with similar options, but not quite the same as in the instruction. I tried to both dump/inject the Health/Safety thingy with no success.
Did you rename the "Decrypt9WIP.bin" to "up_Decrypt9WIP" and put it in luma/payloads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet