Hacking Guide - How to convert YouTube videos to Game Boy Advance ROM files

hitfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I converted some old 1960s Spider-Man cartoon episodes yesterday. I tried to convert 25 of them, but only 16 worked properly (9 of them had video-audio sync issues or the sound would cut out completely about a quarter of the way through--the latter issue occurring only on the longer videos). For the 10 minute « half episodes » I encoded it at 8fps and 46KBps and for the 20 minute « full episodes » I encoded it at 5fps and 18KBps. I used a resolution of 214 by 160 (which is 4:3). I used no filtering because I found that the chances of having a good file were better that way. All of the episodes use close to 32MB in file size.

I didn’t have to use gbafix.exe as the resulting ROMs work fine on my Everdrive. *** EDIT but I ended up doing that because they wouldn’t work on my 3DS (in AGB FIRM).

Last edited by hitfan,

NumberOneToastFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i tried convert TaDC, it won't work, actaully all video longer than 15 mins wont work it justs shows this
1704157839634.png

Last edited by NumberOneToastFan,

TonioGela

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, has anyone succeeded in converting a video to a format that meteo reads well using ffmpeg?
I've tried a lot of both manual and automatic conversion methods, to either avi or mpeg like:

Code:
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -output.avi
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 output.mpeg
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c:v mpeg1video -c:a mp2 output.mpg

but I'm always getting an input file error #80040217.
Also, does meteo have any required dependency? I'm running it in a windows 10 bottle, that's why I'm asking.

ManyMilesAway

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Screenshot 2024-03-08 125828.png

Hey there, I'm getting this vague message from Windows (11) when I try to run either Meteo or gbafix. Changing the compatibility mode didn't do anything either, anyone else run into this?

*edit, just tried on my Windows 10 machine and it didn't work either.

Last edited by ManyMilesAway,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright