Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

feedback

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,
I followed the guide with success and then tried to proceed with http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/04/syst...stallation.html (also mentioned in the guide), where I upgraded to version 4.0E (from 3.3E) and patched IOS60.
Unfortunately after rebooting from the upgrade the wii got bricked with black screen.
I cannot launch Preloader by pressing Reset. I believe the problem is that Preloader was using IOS30 and now with the 4.0E it should be using IOS60.

Any ideas of what can I do?

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xandyx said:
HBC only turns upside down once CIOSCorp is installed!!!

People are asking for a fix!!!

Deviyl ???? I never said you told any one to install CIOSCorp!!

I tell people to google it cos you dont allow the link....Google it!Yahoo It.....Whatever It!

Nobody knows if any of the IOS ar real until they install them!!

Stick you community up your arse you misrable Shi*s!!

I put info to try and help someone as this info helped me whats with the high almighy!!!
Dumbass. People like you give this community a bad name. n00bs running around everywhere who think they know what they're talking about. You are completely wrong, in case you haven't yet realized.

killmoves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
RRoD420 said:
Go back into homebrew channel and reinstall Preloader .29, then in preloader go to settings and make sure it's set to system menu IOS: 60. try booting the system menu again.
RRoD420, thanks for post.

I did what you said but the wii still booting directly from preloader and there is more. On preloader's settings, system menu is set on IOS 50 and when I searched for IOS 60 I couldn't find.
blink.gif
Any suggestion?

Thanks again.

IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TO HELP, MY FIRST POST IS ON PAGE 29.

xandyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deviyl said:
xandyx said:
HBC only turns upside down once CIOSCorp is installed!!!

People are asking for a fix!!!

Deviyl ???? I never said you told any one to install CIOSCorp!!

I tell people to google it cos you dont allow the link....Google it!Yahoo It.....Whatever It!

Nobody knows if any of the IOS ar real until they install them!!

Stick you community up your arse you misrable Shi*s!!

I put info to try and help someone as this info helped me whats with the high almighy!!!
Dumbass. People like you give this community a bad name. n00bs running around everywhere who think they know what they're talking about. You are completely wrong, in case you haven't yet realized.

OY DUBASS! THE INFORMATION I GAVE WORKED ON MY 4.1E
SEARCH AROUND FOR THE INFO AND YOU WILL FIND IT IS CORRECT!!!

IF YOU INSTALL HBW 1.0.5 & CIOSCorp V3.4 IT TURNS THE SCREEN UPSIDE DOWN....

VISIT http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...-installed.html

SO DUBASS STOP TREATING PEOPLE WITH DISRESPECT AND JUST BECAUSE IM A NOOBIE TO THIS SITE DOESN'T MEAN I AM A COMPLETE DUMBASS!!!

IT WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE IF YOU SPOKE TO PEOPLE WITH RESPECT EVEN IF YOU THINK OR KNOW THEY'RE WRONG

MY ADVISE TO OTHERS VISIT OTHER SITES TO FIND YOUR ANSWER COS THESE DUMBASSES SEEM TO HAVE THEIR HEADS UP THEIRS!!!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xandyx

you clearly don't know what you post
The link you gave contains DIRECT LINKS to an IOS and a cIOS wad file

these are ILLEGAL

this site DOES NOT allow you to post them
But as you clearly didn't read the rules, your posts got removed

If you want to post here READ the rules!

And noone ever said your dumb
You caused everything yourself

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
xandyx

could you post in non red ink please. When I was at school in my country, the british taught me that it was impolite to write in red ink...and to call people dumass...

xandyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
john1010_ma said:
xandyx

could you post in non red ink please. When I was at school in my country, the british taught me that it was impolite to write in red ink...and to call people dumass...

HOLD ON, I WAS CALLED THE DUMBASS AND I REPONDED TO IT!

RED IS NOT IMPOLITE: IT IS TO GIVE EXPESSION OF MY ANGER AT THE IMPOLITE POSTS AGAINST MYSELF!

If you went to an English school you would have been taught that English is expressed in a great manner of ways!

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd just like to point out that I didn't install CIOSCORP or whatever. The only things I had installed on my Wii before going through this guide were:
* Homebrew Channel
* DVDx
* BootMii

I followed the guide step-by-step, including the Youtube video. The first time I tried it, I downloaded some IOS off of a certain site because at that time, I did not have Internet access for my Wii. The HBC turned upside after I'd finished the 2nd step as shown in the Youtube-video. I installed PreLoader and then discovered that my Wii was bricked when PreLoader restarted the Wii (into PreLoader).

The second time I tried it, I'd managed to get my Wii to connect to the Internet and downloaded the IOS through NUS. The very same thing happened at the very same point in time, after the 2nd step, HBC turned upside down and my Wii was bricked.

No illegal CIOSCORP-whatevers were installed on my Wii. It just bricked anyway. I'd appreciate it of idiots who think they know everything when they clearly do not would just shut up and people stop replying to them, cluttering in the thread, so that people who actually know what they're talking about can help me with my problem.

xandyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
xandyx

you clearly don't know what you post
The link you gave contains DIRECT LINKS to an IOS and a cIOS wad file

these are ILLEGAL

this site DOES NOT allow you to post them
But as you clearly didn't read the rules, your posts got removed

If you want to post here READ the rules!

And noone ever said your dumb
You caused everything yourself

I removed the links realising what I had done straight away...

Then the post was removed again this time for telling people to google the links

And if you read the posts, I am sorry, but I was clearly disrespected by been called a dumbass!!
and also that I give your site a bad name....

The only people giving GBA a bad name is by those responding disrespectfully to someone who rightly or wrongly gives information that they feel may be of some help...

I will admit that I unintentional posted a link that was a mistake and i apologise for that...
It would be more appropriate in the future if the mod could give a reasonable reason as to why they had removed a post, and to remove a post because i said google it instead of giving the direct links is a little silly...

And then to call people dumbasses...You only give yourselves a bad name!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It seems to be true that people called you that
That is definitely not the good thing to say
I apologize for them and myself
People tend to overreact here

People seem to think that GBAtemps bad reputation only depends on newbs that make it bad, without realizing they can do it themselves also.

Be more careful in what you post next time, and we'll forget about it
smile.gif

And yet another reason was found to find a better mod for the Wii section...

xandyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FAII said:
I'd just like to point out that I didn't install CIOSCORP or whatever. The only things I had installed on my Wii before going through this guide were:
* Homebrew Channel
* DVDx
* BootMii

I followed the guide step-by-step, including the Youtube video. The first time I tried it, I downloaded some IOS off of a certain site because at that time, I did not have Internet access for my Wii. The HBC turned upside after I'd finished the 2nd step as shown in the Youtube-video. I installed PreLoader and then discovered that my Wii was bricked when PreLoader restarted the Wii (into PreLoader).

The second time I tried it, I'd managed to get my Wii to connect to the Internet and downloaded the IOS through NUS. The very same thing happened at the very same point in time, after the 2nd step, HBC turned upside down and my Wii was bricked.

No illegal CIOSCORP-whatevers were installed on my Wii. It just bricked anyway. I'd appreciate it of idiots who think they know everything when they clearly do not would just shut up and people stop replying to them, cluttering in the thread, so that people who actually know what they're talking about can help me with my problem.

I responded because I thought this was of help, it wasn't until i installed homebrew 1.0.5 that my screen turned upside down I followed the link i gave after searching around for the fix and i had no problems whatsoever. sorry if my input was of no help to you but it may well have been to others....

I never said I knew everything!!!
Just like yourself I had myself in a strut and found others input helped.
To call me an idiot is not really appropriate is it?? Especially as I manage to hack many a wii and NOT once bricked one - thanks to other input!!

xandyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:

People seem to think that GBAtemps bad reputation only depends on newbs that make it bad, without realizing they can do it themselves also.

smile.gif

wink.gif
Appology accepted...

Now can we all get on....

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xandyx said:
tj_cool said:

smile.gif

wink.gif
Appology accepted...

Now can we all get on....
you know none of this wouldve never happened of you wouldve just made your own new thread about it instead of making a fat ass random guide on some else's thread.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xandyx said:
tj_cool said:
He can be lucky he got my apology
Not next time
wink2.gif
Just cant help yourselves, you self-rightious arrogant fools!!
If you do this again (linking illegal files & stuff), there is no reason for us to stay nice
And I'm one of the more friendly persons here
wink2.gif

It seems you get mad at everything, so why wouldn't we?
be honest, with an attitude like that, you almost ask for problems

I we need to stay nice to you, stay nice to us in return
mad.gif

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xandyx said:
I responded because I thought this was of help, it wasn't until i installed homebrew 1.0.5 that my screen turned upside down I followed the link i gave after searching around for the fix and i had no problems whatsoever. sorry if my input was of no help to you but it may well have been to others....

I never said I knew everything!!!
Just like yourself I had myself in a strut and found others input helped.
To call me an idiot is not really appropriate is it?? Especially as I manage to hack many a wii and NOT once bricked one - thanks to other input!!
My comment was not directed at you (not the part about how people who don't now anything should just stay quiet). It as directed at that other guy. The only part of my post that was directed at you was the part to not reply to obvious troll like them. I've yet to try your fix, I will next week (I'm going away overseas tomorrow).

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow.. any chance we can stop cluttering the guide with nonsense so people might actually be able to post and get help with their Wii hacking?

xzxero said:
you know none of this wouldve never happened of you wouldve just made your own new thread about it instead of making a fat ass random guide on some else's thread.
How very true.

@xandy
Not only did you make a random guide in my thread, but you also linked illegal files, told people to Google for IOSs, and your "Guide" has absolutely nothing at all to do with my guide.

The only way your post will help anyone is if they did something similar to what you did with your Wii. And seeing as my guide doesn't tell anyone to do most of what you said, no one else will be on the same page as you and will likely be even more confused by reading your giant red text. (Possibly bricking their Wii by doing what you said because they didn't know what else to do)

I called you a dumbass for a very valid reason and I am not at all sorry for it. Maybe you should learn to better present yourself in public and you will find that you won't have near as much trouble.

You clearly lose here. Please stop posting in my thread unless you need help.

lampjese

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lotus-gaming.org
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all.
Today i had a wii bricked following this tutorial.
Where i succesfully modded my wii (4.0E) today i was trying to help a friend (3.4E).
We installed homebrew en patched the cIOS after that in the tutorial we installed the preloader.
The preloader boots but everything else is broken , The wiisystemmenu sais Files corrupted read manual for further instructions.
The homebrew channel sais its not installed.
To fix that we used install file and run the boot.elf we reinstalled homebrew dvdx and bootmii.
Then you are prompted in the homebrew channel and able to load bootmii and restore the wii menu.
I suggested that we would update the firmware to 4.0E so in hope that the preloader works but after reading the forum i saw that someone had done that already whit a preloader installed and broke his wii whitout the abillity to boot the preloader.
We have done this twice and did not update i recommended him not to use the preloader and only patch the cIOS untill cIOS38rev14.
The GXloader works and we where able to play games but correct me if i am wronge but its tricky to follow the full tutorial whit firmware version 3.4E and 3.4U.

Greets lampje

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh