ROM Hack Guide for wwPacker

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a guide on how to decompress/compress LZ77 0x11 files using wwPacker.
I will be using files form Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded.

Step 1
> First download wwPacker here: http://sharebee.com/18ca583f
> Once wwPacker is downloaded and installed, open up command prompt.
> Now change the directory to wwPacker, most likely located in your Programs folder.
> Also put the files you want to decompress in the same folder.[/p]
[title:Picture For Step 1]
step1help.jpg
Step 2
> We are now going to tell wwcxtool what we want to decompress.
> First type in "wwcxtool.exe/u" without the quotes. (Don't press 'enter' yet!)
> Following that, you now type in what file we want to decompress. I did "config.s.z" (Still don't press 'enter')
> Then you need to type in what you want the output file to be. I did "config_decompressed.z" (Now you can press 'enter')[/p]
[title:Picture For Step 2]
step2help.jpg
> Now you can edit the file you just decompressed with a text hex editor like MadEdit.[/p]
Step 3
> Now that you have edit the decompressed file, it's time to compress it again.
> First type in "wwcxtool.exe/c1" w/o quotes.
> Following that, you now type in what file you want to compress. I did "config_decompressed.z"
> Then you need to type in what file you want the output file to be. I did "config_new.s.z"
> There! you are done![/p]
[title:Picture For Step 3]
step4help.jpg

Good luck, and happy hacking!

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys, good job on getting this far with Re:Coded, but i just wanted to let you know that a full translation is already in process by Sky and Truthkey, all of the menu's and matrixes has been translated, they are also going for the story script and Truthkey will most likely release a patch tomorrow of how far he is right now....so this is like a note that u shouldn't put too much time on this
also, if you want a source...well i know from Sky and Truth by talking to them on MSN, also if you look through the "Translation for Re:Coded Thread" you'll see that Sky told you too

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RebornX said:
Hey guys, good job on getting this far with Re:Coded, but i just wanted to let you know that a full translation is already in process by Sky and Truthkey, all of the menu's and matrixes has been translated, they are also going for the story script and Truthkey will most likely release a patch tomorrow of how far he is right now....so this is like a note that u shouldn't put too much time on this
also, if you want a source...well i know from Sky and Truth by talking to them on MSN, also if you look through the "Translation for Re:Coded Thread" you'll see that Sky told you too
Thanks
smile.gif
But this thread is just for those who want to decompress/compress LZ77 0x11 files, this isn't really a guide specifically for KH Re:Coded, but it applies
wink.gif

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It gives me an error message when I try to do step 2.when I type wwcxtool.exe/u , it gives me an error message (Error: Missing output filename!)

Re-installed, still doesn't work.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:
It gives me an error message when I try to do step 2.when I type wwcxtool.exe/u , it gives me an error message (Error: Missing output filename!)

Re-installed, still doesn't work.
you just typed part of the whole line, try sscxtool.exe/u save.s.z save_new.s.z

the save.s.z and save_new.s.z can be any file that you are trying to decompress. Also make sure all the files are in the same directory!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily