Hacking [Guide] Change emuNAND Region

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
At what point would you start the process to change region? Once A9LH is installed? Or after part 4 in Plailect's guide?
I suggest you to change region after installing a9lh. I changed only emuNAND region. You can change also sysNAND, but it's more risky and i think you doesn't need sysNAND region changed

CJET

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suggest you to change region after installing a9lh. I changed only emuNAND region. You can change also sysNAND, but it's more risky and i think you doesn't need sysNAND region changed

I would be changing sysNAND due to language preferences. I have a JAP 3DS and I would like the UI to be english. So would I be region changing immediately after A9LH, right before copying emuNAND over to sysNAND? Is that safer?

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would be changing sysNAND due to language preferences. I have a JAP 3DS and I would like the UI to be english. So would I be region changing immediately after A9LH, right before copying emuNAND over to sysNAND? Is that safer?
I don't want you to brick your console. So the best thing i can tell to you is to open a new thread asking for help. I've never region changed my sysNAND, so i don't know the consequences

CJET

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, but remember to format the emuNAND first, to delete the NNID or your console will be banned

Format via system settings? Or would I use homebrew like TinyFormat? Also how would I delete NNID. Does simply going into the eshop with WiFi on activate it?

Last edited by CJET,

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Format via system settings? Or would I use homebrew like TinyFormat? Also how would I delete NNID. Does simply going into the eshop with WiFi on activate it?
You have to format twice with tinyformat or via system settings. Doing this the NNID will be deleted from emunand

Last edited by Real.96,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i restored to sysNAND to see if it'd work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and it overwrited arm9loaderhax and bricked
Ahh... well if you can't get to recovery mode, it's bricked... try taking out sd card actually. If it still won't turn on THEN you're bricked.

You must have a backup. Just get a hardmod I guess. Sorry. Also, couldn't you have just done this directly on sysnand since you have a9lh to save your butt if anything went wrong?

cerenall101

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh... well if you can't get to recovery mode, it's bricked... try taking out sd card actually. If it still won't turn on THEN you're bricked.

You must have a backup. Just get a hardmod I guess. Sorry. Also, couldn't you have just done this directly on sysnand since you have a9lh to save your butt if anything went wrong?
ohhobuthtisrestoredoverfirm0soarm9wouldAUTObrickif

kitney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I wanna ask that my N3ds JP have sys 9.1 but emunand 10.3. Is it ok for me to do region change to US?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EHimfmhrok?si=xpxDoYFxnBtuAR7P