Status
Not open for further replies.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you dont use it, you cant open the built in web browser. Try it, it wont open without PSN sign in.

Its not essential you do the enabler payload, its optional but useful.
Without a browser payload you would have to sign in to PSN network in order to use it... since we are on 4.07/4.55 we would have to updrade to the latest fw in order ot sign in to psn network.
Soooo, there is a payload in order to enable the browser without signing in to PSN.

Thank you so much for trying explain me...

Hope we get a spoof soon for downloading updates. I need update a game in order to play HDR!

Reactions: KiiWii

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
So this payload is not permanent? Like, I have to deploy it everytime I reboot my PS4?

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this payload is not permanent? Like, I have to deploy it everytime I reboot my PS4?

I'm pretty sure that's the case for rebooting and powering off the PS4, but I wonder if HEN persists after waking up from sleep mode?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
+ Never put PS4 into rest mode, always [Power] > [Turn Off PS4].
Thanks for the tut. Will be handy when I decide to get off my ass and update my Ps4 pro from 4.07

I understood everything in the guide except for 2 things:
1- The quote above, can you explain why?
2- Blocking addresses. Why? Unlike Nintendo consoles, it won't download or auto update the console if the options to do so are unticked in options. Any reason why?

Reactions: Mo Poge and KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the tut. Will be handy when I decide to get off my ass and update my Ps4 pro from 4.07

2- Blocking addresses. Why? Unlike Nintendo consoles, it won't download or auto update the console if the options to do so are unticked in options. Any reason why?

PS4 in rest mode with hen enabled causes it to hang and not shut down correctly. It's a known issue from 4.05 to 4.55.

Blocking addresses is to ensure no nasty surprises from sony by accident. Better be safe and cover all bases than be sorry.

Ok, thanks for your work.

Also, if I install PKG's with debug menu, will the backups run without deploying the payload after the reboot?

No payload IS needed again to run fsigned PKG's after reboot.

Reactions: Madridi

sonicdacrack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

2: We added thos just to be extrasafe ;-)

Reactions: Madridi and KiiWii

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
PS4 in rest mode with hen enabled causes it to hang and not shut down correctly. It's a known issue from 4.05 to 4.55.
Blocking addresses is to ensure no nasty surprises from sony by accident. Better be safe and cover all bases than be sorry.
I assume not being turned off correctly would eventually lead to an eventual hdd corruption. Got it

As for the address block, so it's just as a safety measure. No real reason yeah?

Thanks

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It was so easy that scared me...

Any chance we can update a game withtou update console? So greats things happening... I really need a spoof! kk

I do have The Last Of us "original" and many other, but can't play HDR 4K without update!

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wonder why thats permanent, but no other payload is..... like why not permanent HEN?

The BrowserEnabler it's a system registry entry that can be modified as it's not in the flash memory, HEN is a series of patches on the live system, i.e. patched in RAM. There's no way at the moment to modify and sign a firmware, at least the firmware used by the primary CPU, for the secondary CPU (Aeolia) instead there's something private...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple