I just got a brand new PS4 pro with 4.55 on it. How can I use the exploit if I can't launch my browser, without sigining in to ps network? Can I sign in into ps network without updating?
I just got a brand new PS4 pro with 4.55 on it. How can I use the exploit if I can't launch my browser, without sigining in to ps network? Can I sign in into ps network without updating?
I just got a brand new PS4 pro with 4.55 on it. How can I use the exploit if I can't launch my browser, without sigining in to ps network? Can I sign in into ps network without updating?
first, either setup your router to block those sites listed, or edit your dns settings!!
then you can run the exploit for the first time in the User Guide on your PS4.
after the exploit runs, you can install the 4.55 enablewebbrowser bin to use you regular browser from now on.
If you were previously on 4.05 HEN and you used the permanent update blocker, then you will get an error trying to update. In that case use the FTP payload to delete everything inside the update folder on the root of PS4.
If you were previously on 4.05 HEN and you used the permanent update blocker, then you will get an error trying to update. In that case use the FTP payload to delete everything inside the update folder on the root of PS4.
@sonicdacrack This is what I have mustered up based on your initial write up: it will need finessing and will need other member's input (@subcon959) to get the netcatgui in STEP 5 correct, as I have only ever sent payloads on 4.05 via SpectreDev's payload and Al-Azif exploit host to send them (also do you need all 3 payloads? or does Holygrail contain HEN + debug?).
Also mirrors need finding/creating as I haven't got time to do that just now, and add more to credit everyone involved no matter what!
IF ANYTHING IS INCORRECT: Please tag myself or @sonicdacrack to update and maintain.
Feel free to copy paste this as you wish to update the OP:
PS4 4.55 Exploit Guide:
With this guide you will have your PS4 on or updated to 4.55, and you will prep it for running exploits either self-hosted (PC) or using web browser.
You will need:
USB hdd formatted exFAT (Preferably 64GB min for even biggest games, or just 1GB will do for 4.55 update)
PS4 (any model) running 4.55 FW or below.
PC on same network as PS4.
Preparation:
If you have a PS4 console running 4.50 or below follow the step 0 to upgrade to 4.55 via USB. If you have a PS4 above 4.55 FW you are out of luck for now....
4.55 UPDATE PUP: HERE / MIRROR (MD5: 9C85CE3A255719D56f2AA07F4BE22F02) Rename this to PS4UPDATE.PUP
Latest version of Al-Azif's Exploit host: HERE
EnableWebBrowser Payload: HERE / MIRROR (MD5: B142D6B1C33EEF4634FE12643404684E) = Unlocks web browser without PSN required.
HolyGrail Payload: HERE / MIRROR (MD5: 38F5E677A543EF93FB9A75096F983F89) = HEN ported to 4.55.
NetCat: HERE / MIRROR
NetCatGUI: HERE / MIRROR (Thanks @subcon959
Lets get started:
0: To update PS4 via USB:
On PC: Format your stick to exFat.
Now make a folder on your USB stick called [PS4], inside that a folder called [UPDATE], and put the [PS4UPDATE.PUP] in there.
Now remove the USB from the PC and plug in to the PS4
On PS4: go to [Settings] > [System Software Update] and update via USB.
1: On PC extract the files from the zip archive you got from Al-Azif's github to your desktop and run the ps4-exploit-host.exe within taking note of the DNS IP it gives you. Put the payload BIN files in the [PS4-Exploit-Host] > [Payloads] folder
2: On PS4 disable automatic updates and rest mode features:
Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Automatic Downloads] > Uncheck the boxes next to every option.
Then go to [Settings] > [Power Saving Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode] > Uncheck the boxes next to every option.
3: Set up your network:
[Settings] > [Network] > [Set up Internet Connection] > [LAN / WIFI] (your choice) > [CUSTOM]
Set IP as AUTOMATIC.
Set DHCP as DO NOT SPECIFY.
Set Primary DNS as the one specified by Al-Azif Exploit Host in Step 1.
Set Secondary DNS to 165.227.83.145.
Do not use Proxy Server.
When "Test Internet Connection" appears hit Circle to back out.
Go [Settings] > [Network] > [View Connection Status] to get your IP address.
4: Go to [Settings] > [User Guide] at the top.
Launch 4.55 exploit. (NOTE: If it fails, just refresh the browser until it says "You're all set")
5: On PC: Open NetCatGUI enter your PS4's IP address and send the HolyGrail payload from your PC with port 9020. Optional: EnableWebBrowser payload only needs to be launched ONCE EVER and will permanently let you launch web browser without having to sign into PSN, so you can go to http://crack.bargains/455/ or another exploit host when theyre updated to be AIO.
NOTE: you can now disable internet setting on PS4 [Settings] > [Network] uncheck the box next to [Connect to Internet]. Don't forget to re-enable when you want to launch exploits.
6: Go to [Settings] > [DEBUG SETTINGS] > [GAME] > [PACKAGE INSTALLER] to install a game. (Game PKG must be on root of exFat formatted USB stick)
Pro tips:
+ Never put PS4 into rest mode, always [Power] > [Turn Off PS4].
+ If you have crashes running payloads then properly reset PS4: hold power for 10-20 seconds to power off, then restart, then [Power] > [Turn Off PS4], then restart again to flush the system and start from scratch.
+ Running payload after payload on the the exploit host webpage can crash the console: shut down in between if you have to run one after another, or find a combo that works.
+ To update HDD on PS4 running 4.55 use THIS recovery pup (MD5: 6C28DBF66F63B7D3953491CC656f4E2D), and follow Step 0.
+If you can contribute to this or have a mirror for a file, please let us know!
I am on 2.57.. Can I update to 4.55 through original or recovery or either will work fine ? And is it permanent jailbreak ? Or just like a 4.05 after PS4 shut down and you have to do it again ?
I am on 2.57.. Can I update to 4.55 through original or recovery or either will work fine ? And is it permanent jailbreak ? Or just like a 4.05 after PS4 shut down and you have to do it again ?
Whenever I send the 4.55 holy grail payload I just get "No free memory" error, EVERY. TIME.
The debug menu works though.
I've tried fully rebooting (as per the instruction in KiiWiis post) but still shits itself. Any ideas?
Whenever I send the 4.55 holy grail payload I just get "No free memory" error, EVERY. TIME.
The debug menu works though.
I've tried fully rebooting (as per the instruction in KiiWiis post) but still shits itself. Any ideas?
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...