ROM Hack GTA Trilogy modding

iSyTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Ive looked at the code and i was wrong. He actually is modifying the ram to cheat.
Its weird because its harder to do but its also neat because he is able to create custom cheats. His video showed no signs of custom cheats so i assumed he was going the easy route. Huh.
Can you try to remodify it? if yes can you do an regain health atleast?

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you try to remodify it? if yes can you do an regain health atleast?
In theory you can loop the health command or "feeze" the value. Idk enough about the cheat engine and its features. never looked at it. You should ask him to add such a feature. Open up a github issue with your question

I also dont quite understand why it had to be a whole overlay for cheats. He could have just used a cheatfile readable by edizon for example. If everyone would create cheats this way, we would have to scroll through a billion overlays every day.

Reactions: BigOnYa

iSyTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
In theory you can loop the health command or "feeze" the value. Idk enough about the cheat engine and its features. never looked at it. You should ask him to add such a feature. Open up a github issue with your question
I did earlier and waiting for his response. I have looked to his codes and there is already a health cheat but I think he didn't include it in the beta release, i suspect that the health cheat is unstable atm.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did earlier and waiting for his response. I have looked to his codes and there is already a health cheat but I think he didn't include it in the beta release, i suspect that the health cheat is unstable atm.
apart from the functions uncommented, he also has no adress saved for "ADDR_CJHEALTH". I could uncomment the functions and compile it for you but without that adress figured out, the cheat wont work

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to check the cheat code section (private group) i have just added portland garage mod where you can select any vehicle, ive also done infinite health, money, never wanted, max wanted level, infinite ammo all weapons, another user has added infinite armor, no car damage.

its worth checking as i am still working on the game to find more cheat codes.

Here are the cheat codes ive made so far

Grand Theft Auto III - The Definitive Edition
TID: 0100C3C012718000
BID: 7263A54A1E58DD45
VER. 1.0.2

o Infinite Health (Press L3 & R3 To Kill)
o Infinite/Max Money
o No Wanted Stars
o Max Wanted Stars
o All Weapons At Portland Hideout
o Infinite Pistol Ammo
o Infinite Uzi Ammo
o Infinite AK47 Ammo
o Infinite M16 Ammo
o Infinite Shotgun Ammo
o Infinite Sniper Rifle Ammo
o Infinite Rocket Launcher Ammo
o Infinite Molotov Cocktails
o Infinite Grenades

= PORTLAND GARAGE MOD =

o Landstalker
o Idaho]
o Stinger]
o Linerunner
o Perennial
o Sentinel
o Patriot
o Fire Truck
o Trashmaster
o Stretch
o Manana
o Infernus
o Blista
o Pony
o Mule
o Cheetah
o Ambulance
o FBI Car
o Moonbeam
o Esperanto
o Taxi
o Kuruma
o Bobcat]
o Mr. Whoopee
o BF Injection
o Manana Corpse
o Police Car
o Enforcer
o Securicar
o Banshee
o Bus
o Rhino
o Barracks OL
o Coach
o Cabbie
o Stallion
o Rumpo
o RC Bandit
o BellyUp
o Mr. Wongs
o Mafia Sentinel
o Yardie Lobo]
o Yakuza Stinger
o Diabloe Stallion
o Cartel Cruiser
o Hoods Rumpo XL
o Panlantic]
o Flatbed
o Yankee
o Borgnine Taxi
o Toyz Van

Last edited by Spider_Man,

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm asking out for anyone that can possibly look into the .pak files on GTA3 trilogy Switch version and see if the "mp3" folder is in the game files. I notice when cycling thru the radio stations in the game, there seems to be a blank station next to the "radio off". I wonder if that is the user custom station we used to have on pc, and if there's a way to make it work (insert mp3's in folder, then repack .pak files, or even better make a mod to read from a user folder on sd card?) Just wondering because I'm not as smart as you guys are. Thanks for reading and helping.

edit: Been told no "mp3" folder in any 3 of the games... oh well. wishful thinking.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really to do with modding game files but thought i should point out that most of the normal button cheats work on switch like they did on old systems

***** if you enter one of the codes you can't get achievements anymore so create a save before trying ******

Weapons Cheat (Tier 1)
Entering the following button combination will add the following weapons to the players inventory:
Brass Knuckles, Baseball Bat, Colt. 45, Chrome Shotgun, Micro Uzi, AK-47, Country Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Molotov Cocktails, Spray Can.
R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

Weapons Cheat (Tier 2)
Entering the following button combination will add the following weapons to the players inventory:
Knife, Desert Eagle, Sawn Off Shotgun, Tec-9, M4, Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower, Grenades, Fire Extinguisher.
R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down, Left

Weapons Cheat (Tier 3)
Chainsaw, Silenced Colt. 45, Riot Shotgun, MP5, M4, Heat Seeking Missiles, Satchel Charges.
R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down, Down

Money, Health and Armor
This cheat will give the player $250,000, full health and full armor. If entered while inside a vehicle it will lose all engine damage and it's model will be repaired to perfect condition.
R1, R2, L1, B, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

(
original code was R1, R2, L1, X, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up)

Super Jump
This cheat will make the player jump about ten times higher than normal. Be warned though, you'll lose health from the fall.
Note: Cheat can be turned off by re-entering the button combination.
Up, Up, X, X, Up, Up, Left, Right, Y, R2, R2

(
original code was Up, Up, Triangle, Triangle, Up, Up, Left, Right, Square, R2, R2)

Max Wanted Level
This cheat will freeze your wanted level at six stars.
A, Right, A, Right, Left, Y, X, Down

(
original code was Circle, Right, Circle, Right, Left, Square, X, Down)

Spawn A Rhino
Entering this button combination will cause a Rhino to fall out of the sky and land right in front of the player.
A, A, L1, A, A, A, L1, L2, R1, X, A, X

(
original code was Circle, Circle, L1, Circle, Circle, Circle, L1, L2, R1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle)

X button on PS controller is B on Switch
Triangle button on PS controller is X on Switch
Circle button on PS controller is A on Switch
Square button on ps controller is Y on switch

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by BigOnYa,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really to do with modding game files but thought i should point out that most of the normal button cheats work on switch like they did on old systems

***** if you enter one of the codes you can't get achievements anymore so create a save before trying ******

Weapons Cheat (Tier 1)
Brass Knuckles, Baseball Bat, Colt. 45, Chrome Shotgun, Micro Uzi, AK-47, Country Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Molotov Cocktails, Spray Can.
R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

Weapons Cheat (Tier 2)
Knife, Desert Eagle, Sawn Off Shotgun, Tec-9, M4, Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower, Grenades, Fire Extinguisher.
R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down, Left

Weapons Cheat (Tier 3)
Chainsaw, Silenced Colt. 45, Riot Shotgun, MP5, M4, Heat Seeking Missiles, Satchel Charges.
R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down, Down

Money, Health and Armor
This cheat will give the player $250,000, full health and full armor. If entered while inside a vehicle it will lose all engine damage and it's model will be repaired to perfect condition.
R1, R2, L1, B, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

(
original code was R1, R2, L1, X, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up)

Super Jump
This cheat will make the player jump about ten times higher than normal. Be warned though, you'll lose health from the fall.
Note: Cheat can be turned off by re-entering the button combination.
Up, Up, X, X, Up, Up, Left, Right, Y, R2, R2

(
original code was Up, Up, Triangle, Triangle, Up, Up, Left, Right, Square, R2, R2)

Max Wanted Level
This cheat will freeze your wanted level at six stars.
A, Right, A, Right, Left, Y, X, Down

(
original code was Circle, Right, Circle, Right, Left, Square, X, Down)

Spawn A Rhino
Entering this button combination will cause a Rhino to fall out of the sky and land right in front of the player.
A, A, L1, A, A, A, L1, L2, R1, X, A, X

(
original code was Circle, Circle, L1, Circle, Circle, Circle, L1, L2, R1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle)

X button on PS controller is B on Switch
Triangle button on PS controller is X on Switch
Circle button on PS controller is A on Switch
Square button on ps controller is Y on switch

Attachments

• GTA Trilogy SA - Button Codes For Switch.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: Terrorize420

MrGribble77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the 2 player mod on the switch one? I did but when i go to the 2 player icon to start, the game won't let the second player pick a character. The game doesn't freeze or anything. It even says the name of the mission and says the free roam los santos stuff at the bottom of the screen, it just wont let the second player press a on a character or even use the left stick to cycle through them even. So i figured its an input issue, does anyone know how to fix it?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Mod for fixing rain on PC works also on Switch without any changes to PAK. It's also compatible with GTA3, it should be also compatible with VC. Just put folder Gameface to correct folders (for GTA 3 is atmosphere/contents/0100C3C012718000/romfs
)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/sa-de-rain-fix-1-58661157

You can check results by using code on rainy weather (this is for GTA 3):
L, ZL, R, ZR, ZR, R, ZL, A

Last edited by masagrator,

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, apparently there's a no white outline mod released for the pc version: https://libertycity.net/files/gta-s...-net-belogo-kontura-pri-drake-gta-3-vice.html

So I tried it on my switch. when you aim, the white outline does disappear, but at the same time the npc texture will become broken (leaving it with only a grey 3d model). anyone interested in updating it for the switch?

ive managed to get multiple mods working. others are broken. its because unreal compiles/bakes them for windows and not for the switch. we need the UE4 devkit to properly make mods.

im currently testing my own mod. will report in a few minutes

Edit: my own .pak mod doesnt work. game wont start. Idk why but other mods work, as you can see in the screenshot.

Has anyone tried the 2 player mod on the switch one? I did but when i go to the 2 player icon to start, the game won't let the second player pick a character. The game doesn't freeze or anything. It even says the name of the mission and says the free roam los santos stuff at the bottom of the screen, it just wont let the second player press a on a character or even use the left stick to cycle through them even. So i figured its an input issue, does anyone know how to fix it?
how did you even get the icon to show up? other mods work for me but ive tried that one too. Where did you get the file and where did you place it?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by Slluxx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5