Gaming GTA Chinatown Wars graphics

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea if it was anything like tony hawk i wouldnt mind, but the character is pretty hard to tell lol
hopefully its not a camera in the sky

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, it has to be:P if the camera's not in the sky, you'll be playing Doom and can actually drive cars
tongue.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another minor point of interest I wanted to throw out there. Someone had asked when the next issue of NP would be coming out. I was just reading the fine print in the back of the mag (where they list the publication details), and it says that Nintendo Power publishes 13 issues a year, and in September they do two issues. So, we might actually end up seeing the next issue published in the next week or so. That'd be cool. PAX has come and gone, and there was zero mention of Chinatown Wars, so I guess NP will get the exclusive, after all.

svnelvn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ign says the game is pushed back to february 2009

and as a side note, same goes for gauntlet, that game appears to be postponed indefinitely
i've pretty much given hope on it

Nintenterd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
72781020080919_184833_0_big.jpg

- Camera can swivel 360 degrees
- Trains will pass overhead in the city, cars will circle, pedestrians will be walking, etc.
- GPS seen on the touch screen while you move through the city
- PDA allows you to gain access to the map with more details as well as the goals of missions
- You can mark points that you want and the GPS will always tell you the shortest legal route to the destination with yellow or blue arrows
- New discoveries (such as gas stations) are added to the map
- Top screen brings you all the action, while the lower screen will let you control elements like the PDA, GPS, the radio, access to the people on the map, or using Motolov cocktails and grenades.
- Drugs have a big importance in the game
- Drug system can be compared to Drugwars
- You have to control the stock of drugs, buy them in one neighborhood and sell them in another - Good way to make money in the game
- You are given a map so that you know what people demand and at what prices
- Like other GTA games, in Chinatown Wars, you can catch a taxi - whistle into the microphone so the taxi will stop

visit wiinintendo

visit URL above and read topic about gta chinatown wars, more pictures there too.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, I was expecting something like this.....I find it really good and interesting..I love the graphics, I couldn't imagine better!! (I would hate it third view 3D)..

But I'm guessing it'll be delayed several more times..

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I figure that when you'll see the game in motion it will look much better.
Still I think this isn't what GTA should be. Today the experience is all about BEING the character, identifying with him, experiencing a virtual world that's big and versatile. With San Andreas I really had that feeling. I spent hours upon hours just trying things, shooting people, stealing cars. I hardly got into the missions because I liked the free roaming so much.

I think without even having played the DS version I can tell this is going to be a dissapointment. Off course the IP alone is enough to sell like crazy, but personally I think they should not call this a GTA game, because the franchise has evolved too much. I remember playing the GBA version where I constantly had to tell myself I was actually playing a Grand Theft Auto game, because I was constantly forgetting that that was the case.

To be honest I'm not even mildly interested in this game.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I figure that when you'll see the game in motion it will look much better.
Still I think this isn't what GTA should be. Today the experience is all about BEING the character, identifying with him, experiencing a virtual world that's big and versatile. With San Andreas I really had that feeling. I spent hours upon hours just trying things, shooting people, stealing cars. I hardly got into the missions because I liked the free roaming so much.

I think without even having played the DS version I can tell this is going to be a dissapointment. Off course the IP alone is enough to sell like crazy, but personally I think they should not call this a GTA game, because the franchise has evolved too much. I remember playing the GBA version where I constantly had to tell myself I was actually playing Grand Theft Auto game, because I was constantly forgetting that that was the case.

To be honest I'm not even mildly interested in this game.

+1

I agree 100% with everything you said, the name is just to sell it really, the game play isn't ever going to be gta as we now know it!

paul

Nintenterd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ugly_rose said:
Nintenterd said:
- Like other GTA games, in Chinatown Wars, you can catch a taxi - whistle into the microphone so the taxi will stop

unsure.gif

And what if you can't whistle?

The ds doesnt really care if you wistle or not, just depends if you make a sound, so just blow into the mic.it always works..

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:
Whatever this person said in his or hers previous post.

+1

I agree 100% with everything you said, the name is just to sell it really, the game play isn't ever going to be gta as we now know it!

paul

You didn't play the first GTA, did you?

Basically, you just selected a portrait in the beginning (which you never saw again through the entire game) and a name. I remember Bubba.
rolleyes.gif

As far as I remember, the guy you played always looked the same, and he only had a head and legs and a gun since the view was strictly top-down. Then you were dropped straight into the middle of the city without any back-story. There were three cities to boot. Liberty- and Vice City, plus San Andreas.

Despite the character being totally anonymous in-game, you felt completely immersed in his role. To me, the interaction was complete. Gameplay was crazy. The characters in recent 3D editions, on the other hand, are very subjective. Rockstar basically decides to the lowest detail who and what you are. For the first GTA, free-roaming was actually true as well. That's the genius that other games in the series have thankfully kept intact.

I would be glad to have an actual 3D version of the first GTA! None of the console GTA's has kept that concept fully, but restricted you with a predefined characters and closed parts of the cities, (San Andreas had its unlockable San Francisco and Las Vegas parts, Vice City the unlockable second half of the city etc.)

A lot of praise for the first GTA, but I wouldn't going back to the roots. Back to the good ol' days!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, thx +1