GT5 Now Playable on 3.41!

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is now possible to play PS3 games past the FW 3.41 requirement (Example GT, requires FW 3.5) on FW 3.41. This requires a modified EBOOT. You can make your own by the following (Tutorial by Veritas of PSX-SCENE)

Quote:

nyway, this guide requires you to have some knowledge of how the SELF and ELF file formats are laid out. I don’t have a quick tool to do this for me, but it takes maybe 5 minutes of my time to do it by hand.

1. Open EBOOT.BIN in a hex editor of your preference.
2. In EBOOT.BIN, look at the SELF control info, if you see anything resembling the game titleid, it’s an NPDRM SELF and this guide won’t work, give up.
3. Use readself on EBOOT.BIN to get information about the encrypted metadata sections.
4. unself EBOOT.BIN eboot.elf
5. Open eboot.elf in a hex editor of your preference.
6. In eboot.elf, go to every encrypted metadata section (now decrypted), copy its data, and replace the encrypted data in EBOOT.BIN.
7. In EBOOT.BIN, change SELF header to indicate it’s FSELF.
8. In EBOOT.BIN, change SELF section headers that are marked as encrypted to say they are not encrypted.
9. If the game is a newer SDK version (like GT5, which is 3.50), in EBOOT.BIN, find the .sys_proc_param segment and change the SDK version to something earlier, such as 3.41. This will probably cause crashes in games that actually use newer SDK features that are not available in earlier SDK versions.
10. Save EBOOT.BIN
11. Cross fingers, run game, hope it works.

Source:(Removed)

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
No, you cant post the eboot, you better remove the source if it's got a download limit. Those files are produced using the sony SDK thus illegal.
Plus I already posted this in the PS3 thread, but I can't find it.

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, those pirates must be so happy now!!

I have bought the game, like everyone else should do.. Good job for those who bought a copy and are now happy to play it on 3.41
smile.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude, you can't say where to go to get the files. Removing the link but keeping the name of the website is still against the rules.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thepoweroutage: I seem to get that alot, the thing were I don't know that someone already posted it
laugh.gif

Though if any mod wants this thread gone, than do so

Edit: Also science, I didn't know that, thanks for tell me. It's gone now

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Six years....

And Sony gets another massive kick in the nuts.

GT5 received a lukewarm reception in the North America, getting outsold by DKCR in its first month of sales. From what I understand the franchise is more popular in Europe, but then again, so is hacking and piracy.

Hey Sony, if you were planning on making any revenues from this game you can forget it.

Six f***ing years...

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sph73, Not all people download the game, this was meant for people who brought it, and want to play it on 3.41 with all their homebrew still there. This made be bad, but also good at the same time

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheaperd121 said:
Sph73, Not all people download the game, this was meant for people who brought it, and want to play it on 3.41 with all their homebrew still there. This made be bad, but also good at the same time

Well I purchased my copy.

+1 sales

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
GT5 received a lukewarm reception in the North America, getting outsold by DKCR in its first month of sales.
it just took a little time

right now its the best selling PS3 game to date and outselling DKCR easily

anyway now I can go out and buy a copy to play on my 3.41

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CanonBeat: gran turismo 5 is what it is. It was a highly anticipated Ps3 racing game that has not worked on 3.41 firmware until know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1