GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
199$ is not the price of natal, it's the reason for the jump in sales in February! He must have been refering to the arcade model 360. There is no way in hell they can launch natal at 199$ and expect anyone to buy it!

Certain companies have done worse things.

J

Jackreyes

Arctic said:
Natal is just a cheap webcam with a processor stuck on it. My guess is that it costs like under $50 to make.

As opposed to all other electronics that only have a 1% or so mark-up...

r3dfaction

Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Arp1 said:
$199 wowza.
Another reason why Xbox is gay, overpriced trash. (Then again they could be talking about the arcade console instead of Natal, still think 360 is wack
blink.gif
)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
199$ is not the price of natal, it's the reason for the jump in sales in February! He must have been refering to the arcade model 360. There is no way in hell they can launch natal at 199$ and expect anyone to buy it!
yea had to read it a few times to find out what they are talking about it

but still its MS we are talking about
$100 to add wifi to the xbox...

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jackreyes said:
Arctic said:
Natal is just a cheap webcam with a processor stuck on it. My guess is that it costs like under $50 to make.

As opposed to all other electronics that only have a 1% or so mark-up...

Still, this is a huge mark up compared to something like a PS3.

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Mar 12 2010, 08:52 PM)
but still its MS we are talking about
$100 to add wifi to the xbox...
This.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
superrob said:
Arctic said:
No they acturally removed the proccessor from it..
Oh shit, so it's just a $200 shitty webshit? Are you shitting me?!
closedeyes.gif

Anyway, now that I've done my ranting, I'm still looking forward to seeing it get released. Hopefully we'll see some PC games use this.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arctic said:
superrob said:
Arctic said:
No they acturally removed the proccessor from it..

Oh shit, so it's just a $200 shitty webshit? Are you shitting me?!
closedeyes.gif

Anyway, now that I've done my ranting, I'm still looking forward to seeing it get released. Hopefully we'll see some PC games use this.
It's not just a camera (BTW, the camera's better than a webcam).

It contains a depth sensor, detailed here:
Wikipedia @ Depth Sensor info
The depth sensor consists of an infrared projector combined with a monochrome CMOS sensor, and allows the Project Natal sensor to see in 3D under any ambient light conditions. The sensing range of the depth sensor is adjustable, with the Project Natal software capable of automatically calibrating the sensor based on gameplay and the player's physical environment, such as the presence of chairs.
Described by Microsoft personnel as the primary innovation of Project Natal, the software technology enables advanced gesture recognition, facial recognition, and voice recognition. The skeletal mapping technology shown at E3 2009 was capable of simultaneously tracking up to four users for motion analysis, with a feature extraction of 48 skeletal points on a human body at a frame rate of 30 hertz. Depending on the person's distance from the sensor, Project Natal is capable of tracking models that can identify individual fingers.
BTW, it also has a high-quality microphone and some sort of improved voice detection (improved as in better than Windows 7 voice recognition).

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to hate Xbox more then anything, then i bought one, loved it to pieces and realized how pathetic i was hating on it.

Eyetoy and natal are completely different, the only similarity is that they are camera based. Natal is actually quite an advanced thing, for consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc