Hacking Green Screen Flash

funkedelic_bob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I posted this in the huge "Backup Launcher by Wiigator" thread, but the posts go by so fast that I didn't really get any response, so I'll try here!
smile.gif

Alright then... I'm stumped...

I've tried Waninkoko's Backup Loader, Gecko Loader and now the new Backup Launcher... And the only screen I'm getting is a green flash and then a black screen. Forced to restart the console after that. I've also let it sit for about 30min and nothing happens.

Everything is NTSC and I'm using regular Wii AV cables... (Maybe I should buy Component cables? I have a huge HDTV anyways...)

I've used a Maxell DVD-R burnt pretty fast, so I burnt another Maxell DVD-R at 4x, and they both do the same thing. I then tried burning a Verbatim DVD+R at 4x and set the booktype to DVD-ROM. And that gave me the green screen flash as well.

So basically I've tried all three CDs in all three Loaders and they give me the same problem.

The game was Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and I've seen other people having success with it. So does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I patched using the patcher that came with the original Waninkoko's loader. I assumed that was fine to use with the other loaders? Maybe I have something wrong with my ISO?

Any help is appreciated!
Cheers!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Grrrrr.

*100th topic about backup loader check!*

It's compability issue. Got it? Wait until it gets fixed. Try to patch the game with WiiFrii to PAL.

Saiya-Jin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
funkedelic_bob said:
I posted this in the huge "Backup Launcher by Wiigator" thread, but the posts go by so fast that I didn't really get any response, so I'll try here!
smile.gif

Alright then... I'm stumped...

I've tried Waninkoko's Backup Loader, Gecko Loader and now the new Backup Launcher... And the only screen I'm getting is a green flash and then a black screen. Forced to restart the console after that. I've also let it sit for about 30min and nothing happens.

Everything is NTSC and I'm using regular Wii AV cables... (Maybe I should buy Component cables? I have a huge HDTV anyways...)

I've used a Maxell DVD-R burnt pretty fast, so I burnt another Maxell DVD-R at 4x, and they both do the same thing. I then tried burning a Verbatim DVD+R at 4x and set the booktype to DVD-ROM. And that gave me the green screen flash as well.

So basically I've tried all three CDs in all three Loaders and they give me the same problem.

The game was Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and I've seen other people having success with it. So does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I patched using the patcher that came with the original Waninkoko's loader. I assumed that was fine to use with the other loaders? Maybe I have something wrong with my ISO?

Any help is appreciated!
Cheers!

Got exactly the same problem as you! I think we are in a very small group of unlucky people. I too cannot understand why it doesnt work. Ive gone through 3 different types of DVD Media and done everything you said and no difference. Keep me posted if you get it working.

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have the same issue, but i think it has to do with the burning process and the size of the patched iso. my original metroid prime 3 iso was 4,699,979,776 bytes but after it was patched, is was 4,286,330,880 bytes. does the file size decrease after patching and if so, is it normal? i also used a memorex dvd+r with imgburn at 2x and booktype at DVD-ROM. what burner and speed did you guys use?

The_Informer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys just have to use "force xxx-60" or whatever from the settings menu of the loader.

That's all it is (if your using compatible games)

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The_Informer said:
You guys just have to use "force xxx-60" or whatever from the settings menu of the loader.

if i recall correctly the only "force xxx-60" is force "pal-60" since the other options are "force pal-50" and "force NTSC". so we need to force our NTSC games into PAL?

Saiya-Jin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The_Informer said:

That doesnt make any difference though mate, im from the UK using a PAL Wii and trying to load PAL ISOs. Makes diddly squatt difference
frown.gif

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
funkedelic_bob said:
I do wonder... I'm using 3.3u. What are others using? Are we supposed to downgrade to 3.2?
same here, i am using 3.3u. if someone has success with the backup loader, we need to know what firmware version they were using. however, could downgrading the firmware brick you wii?

whoever is having problems with the backup loader, please state if they are using the latest firmware for there region.

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an NTSC wii, and all my games except Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 have worked on both backup loaders, mario strikers worked online even. im running 3.2u

funkedelic_bob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I'll try downgrading to 3.2u when I get home and then post back here with my results.

Also in terms of patching my file sizes decrease as well. I'm guessing that is normal...?

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funkedelic_bob said:
I think I'll try downgrading to 3.2u when I get home and then post back here with my results.

Also in terms of patching my file sizes decrease as well. I'm guessing that is normal...?

yes its normal

and i am using 3.3U things work perfectly well. I've tested Mario Slugger, We Ski, Star Wars:TFU, Naruto Ex2 with wiigator's iso loader using all ntsc

for waninkoko i downgraded to 3.2U to test Wiifrii and everything was fine.

I used a/v cables for waninkoko and it was b/w
component cable on my sdtv fixed the issue

are you burning your images correctly? using nero or img burn?

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
could those people who had positive results give us what kind of dvd they were using, speed and program? i will also downgrade to 3.2u in a few hours and post the results.

funkedelic_bob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
judgedee said:
funkedelic_bob said:

yes its normal

and i am using 3.3U things work perfectly well. I've tested Mario Slugger, We Ski, Star Wars:TFU, Naruto Ex2 with wiigator's iso loader using all ntsc

for waninkoko i downgraded to 3.2U to test Wiifrii and everything was fine.

I used a/v cables for waninkoko and it was b/w
component cable on my sdtv fixed the issue

are you burning your images correctly? using nero or img burn?

I'm using img burn myself. I might give nero a shot.

Now when you say you used WiiFrii do you mean you patched to PAL and tested it? And the patcher you are using is waninkoko's?

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have tested both waninkoko's backuploader and also wiigator's backuploader

i patch my isos using waninkoko's patcher and the iso works on both backup loaders.

i was using wiifrii before wiigator's loader came out. Now that wiigator's version is released no need for wiifrii.

i am using Greatquality dvd-r's.. I heard problems stem from dvd-rw and dvd+r.

and i have some generic burner that came with my laptop

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
judgedee said:
yes i have tested both waninkoko's backuploader and also wiigator's backuploader

i patch my isos using waninkoko's patcher and the iso works on both backup loaders.

i was using wiifrii before wiigator's loader came out. Now that wiigator's version is released no need for wiifrii.

i am using Greatquality dvd-r's.. I heard problems stem from dvd-rw and dvd+r.

and i have some generic burner that came with my laptop
if you have a dvd-r, would you need to change the booktype to DVD-ROM, because with my dvd+r i change the booktype.

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mate i have 29 working dvd so far and i can tell you i have tried 6 different sources for the starwars game, I have tried both pal and ntsc version, wiifrii them wiu¬d them everything and it does the same for me mate im starting to think that the people who say it works are just tripping. oh and before you ask i have a LG burner 20x speed SATA am running Linux and its a pal wii and yes i have tried both loaders to.

please don't tell me its the burn or summit else because one of my sources was my own rip of the game from my mates copy just incase the sources i get it from are all magically corrupt

in fact some time the ISO says burned says its 4 gig but when you look at it its burned about 1 gig of data or some times it errors during burning i have wasted well over 15 dvd`s trying this so anyone who has got it to work PM where you got the ISO so i can see it working via loader

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Force Unleashed works for me, so they're not "tripping".
Obviously the problem is not on your DVDs. Have you tried any other game?
Perhaps you installed the BackUp Loader wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5