Great game idea for Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by axioanic, Jun 11, 2011.

Jun 11, 2011

Great game idea for Wii U by axioanic at 11:43 PM (849 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. axioanic
    OP

Newcomer axioanic Newbie

United States
    okay. what about a D&D sort of game where the DM uses the tablet and can manage the entire game while the Adventurers use the Wii-motes to do inputs for their actions. I think its a fantastic idea and could hold alot of depth with having the DM design the dungeons or use pre-made ones and then have a giant database of monsters to use.

The hardest part though would making the stories up, but an experienced DM shouldn't have problems, maybe have all dialogue be done out of the game's interface and then the DM take care of the repercussions of the adventurers' actions, more like a D&D enhancement instead of a completely packaged deal.

2. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    how about we wait till it's hacked 1st?

3. HiroshiYamauchi

Member HiroshiYamauchi GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I think he is just discussing ideas for a comercial game development on the Wii U, not homebrew on Wii U when it gets hacked.

4. axioanic
    OP

Newcomer axioanic Newbie

United States
    yup, I just want it made someday, but having it released commercially will probably mean a better quality game.

5. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I think it's a great idea !
    Actually most board games , or even card games where usually there is one dealer/master in charge, could benefit from the WiiU controller.
    Or a quiz game where the Host would choose questions on the controller screen and players compete on the TV !
    But what I'm actually excited about, is that once again Nintendo did it, provided us with another innovation that lets our imagination run wild !
    I'm sure developers are scratching their heads right now, thinking of something brand new, and even experienced DS developers could actually implement and improve on the dual screen games that we have seen on the DS for years.
    Like Phoenix Wright the story telling could take place on the TV and the interaction and choices made on the controller, or of course Mario Kart style of map on the controller and action on the big screen.
    There is so much that can be done..........

6. skateboard34

Newcomer skateboard34 Member

United States
    This would be awesome if they pulled it off. It would have be done very well to have the authenticity of D and D.

7. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    How about you stop trying to shoot down people when they speculate ? You're getting very boring now.

Ideas for the WiiU start now, and once it's released and hacked we have a large pool of ideas. I don't expect you to understand so maybe you should just let people speculate without every single topic like this you come in and say the same thing.

A lot of good devs are speculating too, fair enough they don't post in forums and are mopre patient, but a lot of them are reading ideas like this and figuring out logical errors in advance so they have a good idea of what revolutionary ideas they might try.

If you don't like topics like this use your time to read and post in things you ar einterested in.

@ the OP....

I am not really into and D&D but your idea has given me a few ideas myself. The framework for these ideas can be started on before the WiiU release and ported over. The idea is the important thing here and imho it's a great one.

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I gotta say it is an original idea. I likes it. [​IMG]

9. Serina

Newcomer Serina Advanced Member

United States
    Not a bad idea. Why don't you make it?

10. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    If this game were made it might actually motivate me to get a WiiU.
    I like it!