OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay. what about a D&D sort of game where the DM uses the tablet and can manage the entire game while the Adventurers use the Wii-motes to do inputs for their actions. I think its a fantastic idea and could hold alot of depth with having the DM design the dungeons or use pre-made ones and then have a giant database of monsters to use.

The hardest part though would making the stories up, but an experienced DM shouldn't have problems, maybe have all dialogue be done out of the game's interface and then the DM take care of the repercussions of the adventurers' actions, more like a D&D enhancement instead of a completely packaged deal.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think it's a great idea !
Actually most board games , or even card games where usually there is one dealer/master in charge, could benefit from the WiiU controller.
Or a quiz game where the Host would choose questions on the controller screen and players compete on the TV !
But what I'm actually excited about, is that once again Nintendo did it, provided us with another innovation that lets our imagination run wild !
I'm sure developers are scratching their heads right now, thinking of something brand new, and even experienced DS developers could actually implement and improve on the dual screen games that we have seen on the DS for years.
Like Phoenix Wright the story telling could take place on the TV and the interaction and choices made on the controller, or of course Mario Kart style of map on the controller and action on the big screen.
There is so much that can be done..........

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
how about we wait till it's hacked 1st?

How about you stop trying to shoot down people when they speculate ? You're getting very boring now.

Ideas for the WiiU start now, and once it's released and hacked we have a large pool of ideas. I don't expect you to understand so maybe you should just let people speculate without every single topic like this you come in and say the same thing.

A lot of good devs are speculating too, fair enough they don't post in forums and are mopre patient, but a lot of them are reading ideas like this and figuring out logical errors in advance so they have a good idea of what revolutionary ideas they might try.

If you don't like topics like this use your time to read and post in things you ar einterested in.

@ the OP....

I am not really into and D&D but your idea has given me a few ideas myself. The framework for these ideas can be started on before the WiiU release and ported over. The idea is the important thing here and imho it's a great one.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I gotta say it is an original idea. I likes it.
smile.gif

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
axioanic said:
okay. what about a D&D sort of game where the DM uses the tablet and can manage the entire game while the Adventurers use the Wii-motes to do inputs for their actions. I think its a fantastic idea and could hold alot of depth with having the DM design the dungeons or use pre-made ones and then have a giant database of monsters to use.

The hardest part though would making the stories up, but an experienced DM shouldn't have problems, maybe have all dialogue be done out of the game's interface and then the DM take care of the repercussions of the adventurers' actions, more like a D&D enhancement instead of a completely packaged deal.

Not a bad idea. Why don't you make it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs