Gaming Gravity Zero Racing/Zero-G

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Apparently, it's really small in size, and it doesn't look too good (according to Hadrian, and I trust his judgment)..
We'll have to wait and see...and actually, I really need F-Zero for NDS, because I think it could be great game, fast with amazing effects....but don't think this game will meet criteria..

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Toni Plutonij said:
Apparently, it's really small in size, and it doesn't look too good

the DS was never built for good graphics. thats the reason i chose the DS (good game play) over the PSP (good graphics).

sadly the DS hasn't done so well in the racing games genere.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
nin10do said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Apparently, it's REALLY small in size, and it doesn't look too good

the DS was never built for good graphics. thats the reason i chose the DS (good game play) over the PSP (good graphics).

sadly the DS hasn't done so well in the racing games genere.
Hadrian mentioned, that it's too small.....so it actually looks to bad to be good....But nobody played it yet, so who knows?! Might turn out great..

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it got postponed to improve it or just so Ninty can release more noob casual games first.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well it was Zero-G first. got postponed like 3 times, the new release date with the new name Gravity Zero Racing, was suppose to be September 5th and now the changed it to October 10th, The first game i saw which was postponed dozen of times on the DS

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I wonder if it got postponed to improve it or just so Ninty can release more noob casual games first.
Its more likely that it never had a date and that retailers just made up dates.

Its listed over here on Amazon & Play.com for £9.99, both have it down for release on the 29th Sept. The price to me means to expect a mediocre game at best. Midas Entertainment just release crap so it has that against it too, plus the screens I've seen feature really grey and brown tracks and just look a bit shovelwarey.

One of the blurbs that accompanys the game says "Advanced racing physics incorporating the intuitive Nintendo DS control system" so does that mean crappy touch screen control? Still I hope for the best.

Also I don't remember saying that it was a small game, I did say that about Super Speed Machines which is published by the same company.

Speed Racer is still where its at for this sort of racer, I'd love to see F-Zero but it seems that Nintendo have given up on making games for the core gamer on the DS right now.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really was surprised by Speed Racer! It's one of the most shockingly impressive movie-games I've ever seen.

I still would love to see Fzero DS though. Speed Racer proved it could be done right by a third party licensed game, so we can only imagine how good an official Nintendo game would be!
biggrin.gif

I'll try this Gravity Zero Racing when it comes out because I like to give all games a chance no matter how ugly. But I'm expecting suckage.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Most of the time Official Nintendo Games are a failure, but so are third party games, So hopefully this will turn out to be really good.. It can be done, as we know..
smile.gif

Has anyone realised that all of the shovel ware crap that has been released recently is ALL Licensed by Nintendo..?? But hopefully this will be an exception..
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
Most of the time Official Nintendo Games are a failure, but so are third party games, So hopefully this will turn out to be really good.. It can be done, as we know..
smile.gif

Has anyone realised that all of the shovel ware crap that has been released recently is ALL Licensed by Nintendo..?? But hopefully this will be an exception..
smile.gif
Every game released for Wii/NDS has a "Licensed by Nintendo" on it, its not a mark of quality anymore its just something to let people know that the a game is an official release & and that Nintendo will get profits for it. Same with 360 & PS3 games, publishers still have to give profits for their games to Microsoft & Sony. The only platform that doesn't have this is the PC, which is why PC games are far cheaper than console.

3rd party games have very little input from Nintendo so don't blame them, they're just doing the whole "everyone has the right to release games on our consoles" thing, they've been doing so since the NES days. Also the quality seal we see on all Nintendo games to me means shit, same on the NES & same on the Wii, both of which have some truly atrocious and broken games.

Nothing has changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1