Gaming Graphics question

Sgtpepper901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the wii isnt very powerful, like there cant be zombies on cod5 of litle zombies in dead rising, how can it run SSBB with such good graphics and on a dual layer disc
gbasp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Because Nintendo put an effort into brawl. Many other developers do not spend a significant amount of time into development to create state of the art graphics. Most use simply shapes and textures so they can get a quick buck.

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sgtpepper901 said:
if the wii isnt very powerful, like there cant be zombies on cod5 of litle zombies in dead rising, how can it run SSBB with such good graphics and on a dual layer disc
gbasp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaypsp.gif

the wii isn't very powerful compared to what?
compared to my old computers, it's as powerful as dr. evil's giant laser on the giant moon...
compared to the PS3, it's practically a new revision of the gameboy...

there are more games that run with nice graphics, I still like the graphics of NFS for instance... and it's all got to do with the developer and the engine of the game... how graphics look doesn't always depend on the hardware, it's the developer that chooses to use the hardware to it's full extend or to only focus on a certain area, like gameplay and what not...

in short: the wii is a good console, but the developers are mostly targeting people that do not know what it can do. so there's no need in beautiful graphics... remember, the wii's target audience aren't die-hard gamers, they're family and kids and those people don't know what good graphics look like, so why bother spending more money if they settle for less, which can make you more money?

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its ovious that the wiiis no next-gen console which's capacity couldn't be compared to the graphic powers of ps3 or xbox360, but though there could be good graphics made for it, it is just a matter of how much time the developers invest in a game, would say the most are not even experienced enough for that system or just too focused on controles or inovative concepts not outbiding the max capacity of the wii:. wasn't the capacity of the wii compared to the xbox(old) graphic powers at release? don't know if its' true but if it was; the xbox games still have good graphics, though they are old:-/

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Edgedancer said:
Because Nintendo put an effort into brawl.
don't you mean HAL?

HAL Labs is a subdivision of Nintendo.

Both CoD5 and Dead Rising were ports with Wii controls. They weren't gonna rebuild the entire game from the ground up exclusively for the Wii. They just took away a lot of the graphical power, put in some Wii controls, knock off a few features, and tah-dah. SSBB, on the other hand, was built exclusively for the Wii and from the ground up.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
graphics don't count anyway when are peeps gonna realize they don't make a game gameplay does. the wii is giving us an entirely new way to play games i don't know about you but it's a welcome change from holding an analog control. with the wii mote and chuck i can lay back in my chair stretched out instead of having to sit up sitting in 1 position holding a controller in front of me. sometimes i even lay back arms stretched out with the mote and chuck behind the back of the chair it's awesome!

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Edgedancer said:
Because Nintendo put an effort into brawl.
don't you mean HAL?
I will accept that I may have made a mistake with that but I stand by that Nintendo and their second-party developers are the only ones that are really atempting to make the wii great.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well their really the only ones who knows what the wii is capable of doing. most of the other developers still treat it like a gamecube or worse a psx1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1