Gaming Grand Theft Auto CW gameplay discussion

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A cheat to reduce the number of vehicles and pedestrians would be really nice. This game keeps too many on the screen every moment. It's difficult to get around to where you need to go.

I must have attempted the driving mission three or four times. They managed to make driving a pain with the one button that forces the car at top speed.

Syao4

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Any other ways to make easy money besides selling drugs? (I can't actually make any real money from it.. also the scratch cards hate me too)

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I made thousands on my first attempts. Just buy low, sell high. And don't bother so much with the little things. Heroin and Coke are where the money's at.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syao4 said:
Any other ways to make easy money besides selling drugs? (I can't actually make any real money from it.. also the scratch cards hate me too)

When you say, "I can't actually make any real money from it," what are we referring to exactly? I ask because I was able to make about 50k in about an hour or two of gameplay. I'm not sure what you're looking to buy, but I already own about seven or eight safe houses and have bought endless supplies from Ammunation, and still, I have over 40k spending money on me currently.

I've only put in about 20 hours with the game, so I can't say for sure, but I believe drug dealing is still the most lucrative profession in the game. All of the other side missions offer peanuts in comparison.

MegamanSPX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really love the story, but sometimes I want to shoot Chan in the ass so bad. Especially when he said to his father that he saved me, which is a total opposite. Damn, couldn't Rockstar make Huang Lee more rebellious and lessen his everybody's-b!tch attitude?

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is ridiculous. At around 20% completion gang drug cars start driving around.
I got into one to try to steal it but I became a passenger in it and I can't get out, or use my gun in driveby mode, or anything. I'm completely stuck in the fucking drug car and all I can do is watch it drive and waste my time. I don't want to turn the game off and lose a lot of progress. Fucking GTA.
mthrnitesmiley.gif

Is this a glitch or what?

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
LMAO how the heck did that happen? If you can get out just restart, no pointof wasting your time and btw your DP fits ur text
tongue.gif

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
if you have auto-save enabled, you shouldnt worry about lost progress.

also, i had another question. with constantly needing to suddenly use the touch screen (like when you're trying to steal a car, or go through a dumpster)...does everyone hold their stylus in their mouth like a cigarette? i find it is the place to keep it for quick access. of course, i also have an old DS phat, so being able to pull it out of there quickly is a bit more awkward, i imagine, than the DS lite.

or do people use their fingers?
and yea, it's a bit of a drag having to try and hotwire a car when you just jumped from a burning vehicle with the cops hot on your tail. busted.

i wonder if there's a stat for crunching cockroaches.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinBlades said:
LMAO how the heck did that happen? If you can get out just restart, no pointof wasting your time and btw your DP fits ur text
tongue.gif
I'm not even sure.
dry.gif

I just got into the car from the passenger's side, a lot was going on, there were cars burning and cops on me. I got in and started to drive but I quickly realized I wasn't in control and now I'm at total mercy. I got myself wanted by throwing a grenade, but then I ran out and the slow driving bastard shook the cops off.
I really wish it would be letting me use my gun.

GhostToast I know that, but I haven't been doing missions, I've been dealing.
smileipb2.png

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gore said:
TwinBlades said:
tongue.gif
I'm not even sure.
dry.gif

I just got into the car from the passenger's side, a lot was going on, there were cars burning and cops on me. I got in and started to drive but I quickly realized I wasn't in control and now I'm at total mercy. I got myself wanted by throwing a grenade, but then I ran out and the slow driving bastard shook the cops off.
I really wish it would be letting me use my gun.

GhostToast I know that, but I haven't been doing missions, I've been dealing.
smileipb2.png

Thats strange lol never happned to me before.
And I picked up quite a lot of them hoping to find the sword in it.

Only noticed some small glitches about when following cars in missions arround 45% +
That sometimes if they get stuck behind a wall it can make you fail the mission.

GhostToast indeed you should not worry about lost progress however, if you spend bullits and failing the mission you can lose your bullits. This because if you fail a mission and redo it you lose bullits a autosave after sucseeding the mission will ofcourse let you lose the bullits you had before you redid it. (you can also abuse this to gain more bullits if done smart)
About the touch screen part depends on the situation.
If I need really a really speedy thing done I would use my fingers else I have the stylus laying arround close enough if I have time.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I've also noticed cars disappearing, I've seen it twice in 6 hours of gameplay.

Here's a crappy picture showing the only place I could be is inside an enemy marked vehicle.
296ewk1.jpg
I can actually see the reflection of my phone better than the screen.

I'm turning it off now.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haven't been glued like this to a game in a long time. I've never been a massive gta fan either.

I hope it sells awesomely. There's about as much fun packed into this as 20 'standard' ds releases.

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GhostToast said:
if you have auto-save enabled, you shouldnt worry about lost progress.

also, i had another question. with constantly needing to suddenly use the touch screen (like when you're trying to steal a car, or go through a dumpster)...does everyone hold their stylus in their mouth like a cigarette? i find it is the place to keep it for quick access. of course, i also have an old DS phat, so being able to pull it out of there quickly is a bit more awkward, i imagine, than the DS lite.

or do people use their fingers?
and yea, it's a bit of a drag having to try and hotwire a car when you just jumped from a burning vehicle with the cops hot on your tail. busted.

i wonder if there's a stat for crunching cockroaches.

Haha, i've found myself doing it, it's an easy place to keep it, and it feels good man
smileipb2.png

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ackers said:
talking of glitches i had a police car drive through a building during a persuit!

Yeah, I saw a similar glitch early on, where people were walking through walls of a building while I was in an alley way.

@ GhostToast: I just keep my stylus cradled in the palm of my left hand most of the time -- no problems at all. I find it comfortable enough.

kezlehan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@GhostToast, I usually have my stylus in my mouth like a cigarette too. Takes too much time getting it in and out of the DS when I need to get a quick getaway and need to hotwire a car
smile.gif

Dokko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone up to 'Rat Race' mission yet?

Nails the 2nd part with the chopper chasing bombing away, had a few attempts at that part, no good, any tips?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody found a good method for stocking ammo?

So far, there's the obvious way of gathering it from enemies. That's good during missions, but not if you need the ammo _for_ the mission.

The mail order seems very expensive, even with tens of thousands on hand. I understand it's a great way to regain confiscated weapons, but they don't sell just bulk ammo when they clearly should. Same as the grenades and cocktails.

Hijacking armaments doesn't seem very worthwhile. For all the effort it takes to track down one of those trucks, entrap it (they speed away at the first sign of trouble), lure the driver out without exploding the vehicle, gunning him down while he's firing a shotgun at you, returning to a base, and retrieving the cache, I end up with some shotgun shells. It would take forever and you have no control over what is received.

Then there's the scratch tickets. That takes almost as long as the trucks to run through a dozen free kevlars and maybe get one weapons, and again you can't control which gun.

Otherwise I'm considering just using cheats, since at least I wouldn't waste hours on this chore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!