TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED
New posts, edits, and any changes will not be saved during the transition period.
Registrations are temporarily disabled until the migration is complete.

1. R4zr_Sh4rp

OP R4zr_Sh4rp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I installed the .cia version on my O3DS and it won't load any games. It keeps failing to load any games and it won't show the cores. What do I do?

Last edited by R4zr_Sh4rp, Mar 14, 2017
  2. R4zr_Sh4rp

OP R4zr_Sh4rp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was able to make the cores show up but they are being viewed as other files instead of actual cores. How do I make it so I can use the cores as actual cores?

3. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I honestly dont see the point of using the emulators when there are Virtual Consoles that run the games perfectly. Why not use that instead? Anyways you might need the gba_bios.bin file out there. Otherwise it wont work

4. R4zr_Sh4rp

OP R4zr_Sh4rp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have it in the sd. I also am using this since while installing homebrew i screwed up pretty badly so I don't want to take any chances. Also save files since I wanna play Mother 3. The problem is the cores as the emulator itself will load, but it won't find the cores.

5. hectortillo

hectortillo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    the gba_bios.bin need to be put into the route SD/retroarch/system/ or something similar let me some time to check out my 3ds to verify it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

EDIT: actually the route is SD:/retroarch/cores/system here should be placed gba_bios.bin and it must work if it doesnt work reply and i will help you again :)
    in my 3ds it runs very good (some games have some many issues but in general it has very good compatibilty

6. R4zr_Sh4rp

OP R4zr_Sh4rp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you!

hectortillo likes this.
  7. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

United States
    What do you mean you screwed up pretty badly with homebrew? Be specific, as bricking nowadays is almost an impossibility.

8. R4zr_Sh4rp

OP R4zr_Sh4rp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I might have deleted all of the files I had going into the homebrew in fear because Hourglass9 wasn't set up correctly. I deleted everything and was pretty sure it was bricked for good, but it turns out I just misplaced a file while doing the process. So I did the 9.2 transfer and got everything working again.

9. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

United States
    If you were already on 2.1, it's just a click away. Believe me, it's in your best interest, and as long as you do a little checklist before you do anything you're golden. Also, there is no wrong way to setup hourglass9. It's 1 file. If you didnt place the file, then it wont load until you put the file there.

10. R4zr_Sh4rp

OP R4zr_Sh4rp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It was in it's place. Just forgot to rename it.

11. R4zr_Sh4rp

OP R4zr_Sh4rp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried to make it work but it still won't load any games or cores even though i put the bios in the correct place.

12. hectortillo

Newcomer

Mexico
    Which version of retroarch are you using? Use the latest official. Sometimes nightlys become unstable. Also there are many gba_bios.bin altered to work with many emu. Try with another. It is strange because i tried diferent bios and no one let me problems.

13. R4zr_Sh4rp

OP R4zr_Sh4rp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I am on the latest nightly. I tried the most recent ones but they still don't work.I also went back to some older ones but all of them had the same problem. I know I have the right bios because it's the same one i used for gpsp before, which worked.

14. hectortillo

Newcomer

Mexico
    Do you have also extract the retroarch folder into the sd? Replace all the files. If that doesnt work i will try it (the latest nightly) when i arrive home because im on the University now xD excuse me if i dont know how to solve it properly. It should have worked. But i will try in my house. :) also try to configure the cores folder location into retroarch settings. :)

15. R4zr_Sh4rp

OP R4zr_Sh4rp Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you! It finally worked! :D

16. hectortillo

Newcomer

Mexico
    Youre welcome. :) :D. I hope Mother 3 will run good. :) i havent tested it but enjoy playing it :D. I also recommend you play Tales of Phantasia but in VC inject because as i remind it doesnt work well in gpsp. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - games,