Got Switch Online?

download.jpeg

Nintendo's Online service launched last week for Switch, and we would like to know how many of you have signed up!

Please answer the poll and comment on what you think of Nintendo's new paid Switch Online service.

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep.
I gathered some friends and we got the Familly Membership, so I only paid something around $5 American dollars in the subscription.
And besides that, I don't think that it's very intelligent to lose huge portions of games like Splatoon2 just because of a subscription fee, that we already knew would come.

But no, I'm not happy with the NESapp nor the secrecy Nintendo is keeping around the future plans for the service and neither that horrendous smartphone app. As someone who is paying a service, I want to know what plans they have for the future, I want to know if SNES, N64, GB, GBA, and NDS games will come and what are those "Special Offers" they keep talking about but never really saying what they are.

Reactions: thorasgar

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So your solution is to stop doing what I love because I find it hard to afford paying for an online service that brings nothing to the table apart from 30 years old games?
No 1/3 of an AAA game is not ''a lot'' of money if they can justify it, but it is a lot of money for being able to connect to the servers.
If you are wealthy enough to afford paying, then awesome for you dude. Feed them with your wallet so that they never improve.
I on the other side can't and thats ok.

Oh, when I was in my early-mid teens, most of my money went towards my parents to help them out of debt so theres that. I have no savings from back then but I have good memories:)

Actually i'm saying if you're not financially able to support a hobby, then yes you should not do it.
No amount of love will compensate for a lack of money. That's just common sense.

Regardless however, all I said was $25 ($20 USD actually) a year is very cheap. That is a fact. Just like the sky is blue, and water is wet. No amount of projecting like you have done changes that fact.

Not all countries have the same minimum wage, you know?
Living in North America sure has that benefit over it, but Latin America has it rough for such costs, given how absurd the minimum wage is, and add to it the fact that the price of msot LA countries' money against the dollar is at its lowest it has been in decades.
Even if the price seems cheap for people in NA/EU, other countries do struggle to even pay for one $20 bucks game, much less a full $60 dlls game, which in some countries that translates to a week-and-a-half to 2 weeks of minimum wage paid work.

and that amount would be egregiously more if the base cost was not so low. It is very cheap. A year of xbox live costs $60. That's 300% what Switch Online costs.

Awstoned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually i'm saying if you're not financially able to support a hobby, then yes you should not do it.
No amount of love will compensate for a lack of money. That's just common sense.

Regardless however, all I said was $25 ($20 USD actually) a year is very cheap. That is a fact. Just like the sky is blue, and water is wet. No amount of projecting like you have done changes that fact.

and that amount would be egregiously more if the base cost was not so low. It is very cheap. A year of xbox live costs $60. That's 300% what Switch Online costs.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only got it because of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. If not for MH i would not have gotten it. The nes games dont interest me because i have all the carts for the games they offer.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preferential treatment by an Internet service, meaning a fast lane, kind of goes against the entire point of NN. ;)
The fuck are you talking about? That's not preferencial treatment. Those people are paying for a service that grants them a luxury to their own fast servers. Same as with the current subscription service providing the luxury of nes games and save backups.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The fuck are you talking about? That's not preferencial treatment. Those people are paying for a service that grants them a luxury to their own fast servers. Same as with the current subscription service providing the luxury of nes games and save backups.
The humour of the post flew over your head, but that's fine.

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the smart thing and joined together with my bf and a bunch of friends to get the family membership for 4usd each. Can't complain

Thinking about doing this. Do you just have to add all associated emails to your Family Account? I do this with Spotify and MLB.tv without issues. Is it up to 8 accounts? That's less than $5 for a year. I'd be down to split with others.

Last edited by lickwid,

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I signed up for it despite the many caveats. I really like the nes games, having online for those and I also play splatoon and mario kart a lot online, anxiously anticipating smash as well.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Thinking about doing this. Do you just have to add all associated emails to your Family Account? I do this with Spotify and MLB.tv without issues. Is it up to 8 accounts? That's less than $5 for a year. I'd be down to split with others.
Yeah, just make sure to use the email that was used to create each Nintendo Account. As far as I know, the family admin (its creator) is the one that has to purchase the membership. And yeah, up to 8 accounts max.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo