Got NextGen?

xbox-ps5-800x450-1.jpg

Last week saw the release of both of the nextgen consoles, and we just wondered if you had managed to pick either one up?

Despite me being 99% PlayStation for the previous generation, I actually went with the Xbox this time around and scored myself a Series S! So far it's been fantastic! What did you get/want?

Vote in the poll and post in the comments!

PoiRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Might consider one for playing uhd blu-ray as well as some sort ot game pass , but I guess the player might have cinavia protection? That won't do it for me, my kids only play backups.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm eyeballing an XBOX. I'd like to have a rig that can actually play recent games, that are optimized for the system, instead of having to optimize a system for the games.
I'd also want one for the app integration (Disney+, mostly), because the apps on my dumb (not smart) TV can't handle some.
And because now, with gamepass, gaming is the cheapest it has become in a long while.
And Nintendo is becoming a weird expensive company, and I refrain of showing them support.

Reactions: Obveron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to get a console it'd be PS5 for exclusives, assuming they actually make enough exclusives to justify it. I have an Xbox One and a PC so I think I'll be fine for MS exclusives, almost all Xbox exclusives find their way to PC.

Reactions: ILuvGames

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
VGA (or more correctly, RGBHV regardless of connector) is what all decent monitors use, plus it's intrinsecally drm free

Sure there's probably a decent external DAC (at an added cost), but I would still be voting with my wallet for Big Media's agenda
IDK who'd make a "decent" monitor without a digital input in this day & age, but the fact is you lose quality by converting to analogue and back to digital for no reason. Have fun I guess.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I mean, obviously Series S has less horserpower than Series X - that's kind of the point of budget model. It's far more powerful than XBox One though, so still pretty much next-gen.

Dunno who told you about "dropped frames lots of times", but XBSS runs latest Forza at rock-solid 60FPS and looks awesome to boot. I play the game daily, never had performance issues =)
i said it was a rancing game which i dont think it was forza but i saw a review on youtube, i think it was maybe dirt? or something, no idea how many racing games are there on xbox tbh.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't have the money to buy a next-gen console for now, who knows, maybe 2 years from now, until then I'll stay with my PS4 for a while longer (I hope there are still cross-gen games until then.)

But so far the PS5 has been drawing more attention than the Xbox Series X.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Too much error and issues for both of them..... but more for PS5 as far as I can see, also, remember guys:

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...a60d976cc3b81a8ce1de9acc0a2f5e7bf3bc402f0.jpg
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...65b29bfd92b1b18d08e6dc1e7d3b7034c02b9e10f.jpg

Dont take everything they say for granted. I am personally a huge Sony fan from the beginning but I hate when they lie to us..... and Sony is the leader in this to be honest and the guys from Epic/UE (expect for John Carmack which is the only reasonable guy who didnt lie in the 90s, early 2000).

BTW plan to get both the PS5 Disc Edition and Series X in the next 1-2 years.....

Last edited by deSSy2724,

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope.. and I'm in no rush to get either. I have a PC for most modern games, and it looks like, for now PS5 "exclusives" are also on the PS4.

We'll get a new God of War eventually and that might be what gives me the push, but the PS5 is freaking huuuge - I'd rather wait for the next, smaller version.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as I can tell nobody makes CRT any more, so I gather you're not interested in modern resolutions or refresh rates either. Have fun in the dark ages.
Correct! I do not see any value in them (for the Earth and for the user; on the other hand I have to concede an applause to the industry who got tons of gullible people to buy into planned obsolescent products, resulting in 10 years of ongoing free gear outside your local rubbish bin, due to repeat very soon thanks to the discontinuation of DVB-T1 :D )

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless Sony brings out a console bundle with some AAA exclusives in it for little or no extra cost then no. Not yet. Not when Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass is still a tempting option for PC owners like me.

As for the LCD vs CRT question in some of the posts in here, i'll just leave this here :-

Last edited by ILuvGames,
Reactions: deSSy2724

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
I keep looking at them and the backwards compatibility. The improved performance is great and all but why did all those ps4/xbone games run poorly in the first place? We shouldn't be excited that they're running properly *now*, people should be annoyed. Is the same thing going to happen with these games and the generation after this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup