Gaming Got my new 360 flashed, but have an easy, very noob question

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So just got my xbox back, flashed to iExtreme LT 1.1. I am brand new to this, so please bear with me.... I was under the impression that any update that was mentioned prior to loading any game could be declined, with no effects. Rather surprised when I went to load RDR, and was told that the game required an update, and if I refused, I could not continue. Okay. So, if I update, is my LT 1.1 gone? Or do I just update, no big deal? I chipped my wii, and there is never an effect when I update my f/w. If, as I suspect, an update renders my flash useless, what can I do? I was told that this f/w was the latest, best, so what now? If it matters, my dashboard is 2.0.8498.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This update is probably just the avatar data.

Anyhow it is the DVD drive that is flashed- updating the onboard firmware will do nothing to this.
Some suggest flashing back to stock for updates now we are on LT but I am not so sure.

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, the latest dash board is 2.0.9199.0 so you probably don't have the latest dashboard. I believe the reason they say you should flash the DVD to stock firmware when updating dashboard is just in case the new dashboard has new detection for LT. I believe any firmwares currently out should be fine.

Also updates that it makes you do when you go into a game are also fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER