- Zelda BOTW (Open-world adventure)
- Mario Odyssey (Open-world adventure)
- Xenoblade 2 (Open-world RPG)
- Splatoon 2 (Multiplayer 3rd person shooter, has Co-op and Singleplayer)
- ARMS (3D Fighter, has Local Co-op)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Racing, has Multiplayer)
- Mario + Rabbids (Turn-based tactical, has Multiplayer)
- Fire Emblem Warriors (Musou hack and slash, has Local Co-op)
- Pokken Tournament (3D/2.5D Fighter)
- Kamiko (Top-down dungeon crawler)
- Shovel Knight (2D platformer Megaman style, has Local Co-op)
- Gunvolts games (2D platformer Megaman style)
- Blaster Master Zero (2D platformer Metroidvania style, has Local Co-op)
- Shantae (2D platformer Megaman style)
- Picross (Puzzle, has Local Co-op)
- Fast RMX (Racing, has Multiplayer)
- Cave Story (2D platformer Metroidvania style, has Local Co-op)
- Fate/Extella (Musou hack and slash)
- Disgaea 5 (Turn-based tactical)
- Snipperclips (Puzzle, has Local Co-op)
- Rocket League (Multiplayer car soccer/football)
- Skyrim (Open world RPG)
- Resident Evil games (3rd person survival horror, has Local Co-op)
- Phantom Breaker (Brawler, has Local Co-op)
- Romancing SaGa 2 (JRPG)
- Garou (Arcade 2D Fighter)
- Samurai Shodown 4 (Arcade 2D Fighter)
- Metal Slug games (Arcade 2D platformer run and gun style)
- Shock Troopers games (Arcade top-down shooter)
That's my list, pretty other people have more recommendations.
And one other I prefer not to name cause I don't recommend it.
Other than that, out of Ultra street fighter 2 I do recommend it. You better saving your money for this. Ultra Street Fighter 2 is a overpriced disappointment for what is worth and only for nostalgia of old and new. Street Fighter 30 anniversary is worth the $40 even if some of the games are just revisions, it does feature more to the player.
Honestly some of the games I am trying to secure myself but haven't due to pricing.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe $60 (Port)
Arms $60 (doesn't seem complete or maybe worth it)
Splatoon 2 (just not sure about this one personally)
Most of the other games I probably will ignore due
Pricing between switch adding $10 compared to other systems
Games requiring a SD card to even play (regardless of buying retail cart or downloading from eshop)
Ports not offering something extra (In conjunction with next line)
Ports costing more (in conjunction with previous line)
Of course is just personal to be honest. If mario Kart 8 deluxe was $40, I would have bought it already, quite frankly i don't like the idea of all these "3RD PARTY" companies shoveling ports on to switch that they probably could have made for wii u the whole time. Resident Evil Revelations was on WII U, why not the second one? Most of the games just look like it could have been on wii u anyway, most of the switch games doesn't even look like is much improved compared to the wii u game, with the only difference being maybe the better FPS and higher resolution.
- Zelda BOTW
- Mario Odyssey
- Azure striker gunvolt striker pack
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Resident Evil games
- Mighty Gunvolt Burst
- Mega Man 11 (coming soon)
- Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2
- Mega Man X series (MegaMan X1-X8)
- Yooka-Laylee (I prefer physical card so I will wait and see if they release it. Hate eSHOP)
- Battle Chasers : Nightwar
- Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2
More to come in 2018 for 3rd party that I am waiting for is AAA games.
My only switch game is Mario odyssey. This Is the only game I care about. Zelda and Mario Kart I already have on the Wii u. In 2018 I will get 2 more games. The new Kirby and Yoshi games. I also like the game blaster master zero but I also already have it on the 3ds.
i have BotW and MK8D. i will buy Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey because my father bought the Switch without me.........he bought one on fckn 4.1.0....i told him that he shouldnt buy it without me...but parents
Just to add to the Tally. Xenoblade Chronicles 2.. Puyo Puyo Tetris if you're into that type of game. Doom for shooters. Spla2n is alright. Just picked it up today In a buy 2 get 1 free. Blaster Master Zero for a nice retro game. Gunvolt if you're big into Megaman style games.