Gaming Got a Switch. good games to buy?

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Mario Odyssey. That's about it. Should have bought a Wii U for a 1/3 the price, and hacked it. It plays everything Nintendo has ever made over the past 30 years, including Breath of the Wild. Otherwise, there are only a few games worth buying for the switch. Most switch games are old ports, or crappy 3rd party games right now. Maybe in about 2-3 years, the Switch will have a game library that justifies buying it.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Odyssey. That's about it. Should have bought a Wii U for a 1/3 the price, and hacked it. It plays everything Nintendo has ever made over the past 30 years, including Breath of the Wild. Otherwise, there are only a few games worth buying for the switch. Most switch games are old ports, or crappy 3rd party games right now. Maybe in about 2-3 years, the Switch will have a game library that justifies buying it.
This is exactly what I've been recommending to people for months. Mario Odyssey is the only real reason to get a Switch right now.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This is exactly what I've been recommending to people for months. Mario Odyssey is the only real reason to get a Switch right now.
I know!! I have been telling people the same. If you like Nintendo games, and know anything, it's impossible to justify the Switch over a Wii U right now.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Mario Odyssey. That's about it. Should have bought a Wii U and hacked it. It plays everything Nintendo has ever made over the past 30 years, including Breath of the Wild on Switch. Otherwise, there are only a few games worth buying for the switch. Most switch games are old ports, or crappy 3rd party games right now. Maybe in about 2-3 years, the Switch will have a game library that justifies buying it.
That's the beauty of opinions.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 actually surprised me. 15 hours in roughly. Definitely a valid reason, along with Odyssey to buy a switch.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I know!! I have been telling people the same. If you like Nintendo games, and know anything, it's impossible to justify the Switch over a Wii U right now.

I actually despise everything hardware related to the Wii U.. So, I can justify it.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I actually despise everything hardware related to the Wii U.. So, I can justify it.
So you can recommend a $300-$400 Switch for 2 games?? What's wrong with the Wii U hardware? It's the best piece of hardware that Nintendo has ever made in terms of backwards compatibility, and flexibility, thanks to the homebrew scene. The Pro Controller on the Wii U is as good as any controller out there. I get that the switch has the option to play games on the go, but with only a few games worth playing in it's library, it's definitely not worth the price. It could become a great console in time when it's library expands. But if someone who loves Nintendo games asks me what to buy, it would be a crime to recommend the Switch to them, over the Wii U at the moment.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So you can recommend a $300-$400 Switch for 2 games?? What's wrong with the Wii U hardware? It's the best piece of hardware that Nintendo has ever made in terms of backwards compatibility, and flexibility, thanks to the homebrew scene. The Pro Controller on the Wii U is as good as any controller out there. I get that the switch has the option to play games on the go, but with only a few games worth playing in it's library, it's definitely not worth the price. It could become a great console in time when it's library expands. But if someone who loves Nintendo games asks me what to buy, it would be a crime to recommend the Switch to them, over the Wii U at the moment.

"Thanks to the homebrew scene" keywords there.

The tablet was a mess, the stick layout was terrible. The touchscreen COULD have been worth it outside of a secondary screen. Even the pro controller felt odd. Even when compared to the One controller or PS4 controller. The Wii U tried TOO hard to be different.. All while being marketed toward the wrong market. I would definitely recommend a Switch over a Wii U. Unless you feel justified in yet another system that can emulate the same library of games a PC can.. Or even your phone or a variety of other consoles.. If hacking it is a valid reason to buy it, then I have to question YOUR argument.

The switch is still budding, and is looking to succeed where the Wii U objectively failed.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Deleted-355425

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
"Thanks to the homebrew scene" keywords there.

The tablet was a mess, the stick layout was terrible. The touchscreen COULD have been worth it outside of a secondary screen. I would definitely recommend a Switch over a Wii U. Unless you feel justified in yet another system that can emulate the same library of games a PC can.. Or even your phone or a variety of other consoles.. If hacking it is a valid reason to buy it, then I have to question YOUR argument.
Hacking the Wii U, and playing a huge library of Nintendo games on native hardware is definitely a damn valid reason to buy it;). Emulation of GC, Wii, breath of the wild, etc on PC or other consoles will never be as reliable as playing on native hardware. The only games I ever care to emulate are old 8bit/16bit games. Otherwise emulating anything more modern and demanding has always been a glitchy, hit and miss, unreliable mess in my experience.

Last edited by xpoverzion,
Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hacking the Wii U, and playing a huge library of Nintendo games on native hardware is definitely a damn valid reason to buy it;). Emulation of GC, Wii, breath of the wild, etc on PC or other consoles will never be as reliable as playing on native hardware. The only games I ever care to emulate are old 8bit/16bit games. Otherwise emulating anything more modern and demanding has always been a glitchy, hit and miss, unreliable mess in my experience.
Agree to disagree. I did enjoy my experience with Nintendont and there was some satisfaction in playing older Nintendo games on a Nintendo system.

D

Deleted User

Yooka Laylee. If you are into 90´s Platformer like Banjo Kazooie, Tooie. The Switch Version is the most polished one of the Multi Platform Releases.

Last edited by ,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually recommend you buy a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Switch Pro Controller for two reasons: 1. Nintendo improved the D-pad from regular Switch Pro Controllers (youtube it if you need to). 2. Limited-edition anythings usually sell out fast and those late to the party pay a steep price--in this case, almost double on Amazon and ebay.

A game that hasn't been mentioned: Enter the Gungeon. It's not for everyone, but check it out and see if you like it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyone have shantae Half genie hero? I was waiting for the retail purchase, I rather not download games that will be available on cart cause it takes up unnecessary room for games that don't have a cart. :unsure:

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So far the only game I bought is ARMS but Xenoblade 2 sparks my interest too.

As for 3rd party I'd mention Skyrim and Doom, if you don't have a good PC and doesn't mind 30 frames per second (I do). Had a blast this year playing both on PC and having a handheld version of them is awesome.

Zelda BotW is great too, but you probably already knew that.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So far the only game I bought is ARMS but Xenoblade 2 sparks my interest too.

As for 3rd party I'd mention Skyrim and Doom, if you don't have a good PC and doesn't mind 30 frames per second (I do). Had a blast this year playing both on PC and having a handheld version of them is awesome.

Zelda BotW is great too, but you probably already knew that.
As someone who played Doom on PC the input lag is off putting.. Unfortunately it's not a "Switch exclusive" problem.. But a console problem. I don't even mind the 30FPS. It just is a less reactive game. Makes me sad from a competitive standpoint point.

Reactions: netovsk

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As someone who played Doom on PC the input lag is off putting.. Unfortunately it's not a "Switch exclusive" problem.. But a console problem. I don't even mind the 30FPS. It just is a less reactive game. Makes me sad from a competitive standpoint point.

Yeah and as I checked the steam forums the PC multiplayer seems to be infested by cheaters and id doesn't seem to be doing anything about it so we gotta compromise one way or another.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and as I checked the steam forums the PC multiplayer seems to be infested by cheaters and id doesn't seem to be doing anything about it so we gotta compromise one way or another.

I... Want to trade it for BotW. D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte