Got a PS3 slim

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
My dad came home one day with a blu-ray player, he impulse bought a few new things this year (new tv, sound system etc).

Anyways, so me and my brother suggested he return it for a PS3 (Slim, because it's the cheapest, altho we have to chip in 80aud each to cover the difference). But hey, I never expected we'd get a PS3
smile.gif

Stupid thing is though (imo), he paid an extra 60 bucks for a one year warranty extension with the shop game, against my advice. I think it's a stupid waste... but he likes to follow his own ideas.

So... first impressions.

- I don't have any games, but my bro rented DMC4, seems pretty cool.
- Internet is a bitch to set up!!! I finally managed to get a wired connection working, but I can't get the wireless to work. I constantly get some DNS error when I try run connection test. The Wii was way easier to setup.
- The web browser is heaps better than the Wiis, however it still seems pretty buggy on browsing some websites, like facebook. Helps alot to have a USB keyboard and mouse though
smile.gif

And any more advice on DNS error? The same settings work fine on the wii and I've tried everything (entering stuff in manually and all).

In conclusion, I have a PS3, woot... thinking about getting Bayonnetta or Heavy Rain
smile.gif

John Lennon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
congrats man
smile.gif

also, on the subject of extended warranties..
i work at dick smith and although we do get a (small) bit of cash for selling warranties, since it's usually a replacement warranty, it's a good idea to get one (well, more for 360 then ps3 but w/e)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps3 has no gaems.

Just kidding, that's a little old. All I can say is you're a luck bastard. I wish I randomly got cool stuff.

People say Uncharted is really good, and you've also got LittleBigPlanet, Call of Duty, Resistance, etc etc. It's got a good library nowadays.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
ps3 has no gaems.

Just kidding, that's a little old. All I can say is you're a luck bastard. I wish I randomly got cool stuff.

People say Uncharted 2 is really good, and you've also got LittleBigPlanet, etc etc. It's got a good library nowadays.

There, I fixed that list for you. Original Uncharted was the worst thing I've played on the PS3 yet. The sequel fixes a lot, and the online multiplayers are fun, so I'll recommend.

If you don't mind RPGs, you should go for Valkyria Chronicles or Demon''s Souls. (If it's not sold over there, you can import, since it's region free)

As for other games, Bayonetta is good, even though it does have a few issues compared to the 360's version. And since it seems like you enjoy action games, you should get God of war 3.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ojsinnerz. said:
Guild McCommunist said:
ps3 has no gaems.

People say Uncharted 2 is really good, and you've also got LittleBigPlanet, etc etc. It's got a good library nowadays.

There, I fixed that list for you. Original Uncharted was the worst thing I've played on the PS3 yet. The sequel fixes a lot, and the online multiplayers are fun, so I'll recommend.

If you don't mind RPGs, you should go for Valkyria Chronicles or Demon''s Souls. (If it's not sold over there, you can import, since it's region free)

As for other games, Bayonetta is good, even though it does have a few issues compared to the 360's version. And since it seems like you enjoy action games, you should get God of war 3.
Why did you take out Resistance?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah trying to connect WIFI with the PS3 can be a bitch. I never got it to work, still have a 25m network cable running through the house for the damn thing to recieve internet
tongue.gif

try messing around with the encryption, or manually putting in the settings, you probably have tried those already but its s sugesstion. also try resetting your router.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, whether wired or wireless - make sure you set the Ports on your router to allow these (port forward or virtual server depending on router) - it makes a MASSIVE difference online:

80 - TCP
443 - TCP
5223 - TCP
3478 - UDP
3479 - TCP

Strangely, never had wireless issues with the PS3. I would recommend wired only though as better speed and guaranteed reliability mid game.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, you must start buying PS1 classics. They are great.
biggrin.gif

Also, for the good games list, Uncharted 2, CoD Modern Warfare, CoD:MW2, MGS4 (if you follow the story), GoW III (when it comes out for you guys), Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, Demon's Souls, GTA IV, etc. The list goes on.

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the internet config tips! Will test them out now
smile.gif

Uncle FEFL said:
Dude, you must start buying PS1 classics. They are great.
biggrin.gif

Also, for the good games list, Uncharted 2, CoD Modern Warfare, CoD:MW2, MGS4 (if you follow the story), GoW III (when it comes out for you guys), Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, Demon's Souls, GTA IV, etc. The list goes on.

I already have an original PS1, with pretty much alllll the classics
wink.gif
Any advantage to playing them on PS3?

Will check out the game recommendations, thanks!

kaboose: interesting to know, well maybe I will be thankful for it one day hehe.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Congrats. Wireless is pretty easy to set up, don't get Bayonetta on PS3 if you have a 360 (I'm assuming you don't). Check out Uncharted 2 and Dante's Inferno.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1