Hacking Got a PS TV on 3.2, how to update to 3.6 instead of 3.61

leathco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up a PS TV at Wal-Mart on clearance for 15 dollars (the bundle that came with a controller and a couple game codes) and want to use it for homebrew via the new Henkaku hack. I don't have a PS3 so the older e-mail hack for PSP games won't work for me. Updating it will only take me to 3.61. Is there a way to update the Vita TV to just 3.6?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Picked up a PS TV at Wal-Mart on clearance for 15 dollars (the bundle that came with a controller and a couple game codes) and want to use it for homebrew via the new Henkaku hack. I don't have a PS3 so the older e-mail hack for PSP games won't work for me. Updating it will only take me to 3.61. Is there a way to update the Vita TV to just 3.6?

Its easier on this PSTV. Search for 3.60 fw.

• USB flash drive.
    There must be 150 MB of free space.
    • On the USB flash drive, create folders for saving the update file.
      Using a computer, create a folder named "PSVITA" on the USB flash drive. Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".
    • Download the update file, and save it in the "UPDATE" folder you created in step 1.Save the file with the file name "PSVUPDAT.PUP".
    • Turn off the power of your PS TV system completely.
    • Press and hold the Power button on your PS TV system for at least 7 seconds to turn on the power. The system starts in safe mode.
    • Connect a controller using a USB cable, and then press then PS button.
    • Select [Update System Software] > [Update from USB Storage Device].
    • Connect the USB flash drive that the update file is saved on to your PS TV system. Follow the screens to complete the update.

Reactions: leathco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...