Got a Gateway compatible 3DS straight from Nintendo

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Zaide, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Zaide
    OP

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    Just bought a refurbished 3DS directly from Nintendo and to my surprise it's on 4.5. Obviously there aren't any guarantees, but if you're looking for a Gateway compatible 3DS it might be worth a shot.

2. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    take a picture of the refurb 3ds and the shipping label (blur/black out your address and name) that shows that it was shipped from Nintendo/one of their warehouses.

The reason I mention this is that for all we know, your lying for some reason (being a Nintendo employee,someone against piracy, or any any other reason)

I find it hard to believe they would send out 4.5 ones knowing 4.5 is exactly where you want to be to run the Gateway. that would be a bad move on their part (good for us tho)

3. Zaide
    OP

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    That's fair. I didn't keep the box to show the shipping label, but I kept the invoice that was with it.

[​IMG]

4. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Thats really cool that you were able to get a 4.5 right from Nintendo and for only 110$. you lucked out as since Nintendo's ones are refurbished, its like gamestop when it comes to firmware version's (some of the consoles they refurb will have more than 4.5) except you cant check until you got it and cant send it back.

I personally would not recommend that others do this as if they get one beyond 4.5, Nintendo will not accept 'I need a firmware 4.5 or below 3ds ;);)" as reason to return it.

5. jax604

jax604 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2012
    Canada
    The CIty
    Wow that's awesome, sadly it'll be a gamble for the rest of us to order refurb from nintendo that wants 4.5 units...

6. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Friend of mine got a 3DS with 4.1 straight out of the store :wtf:.

7. Zaide
    OP

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    When I bought it the purple ones were discounted ($110, the rest were $130). Maybe they were discounted because they've had them sitting in stock for a long time (hence why it has 4.5). Who knows.