FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In a bit of a rush/not sure if this needs to be on the portal so full post later.
Dwedit has released a version of goomba color for the DS (goomba color is a GBC emu for the GBA and nearest rival to the DS code Lameboy), it is still very early on but an interesting development.

Original thread:
http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6295

QUOTE said:
This version says "1-16-08" on it, that's about when I took a break from working on it.

Sound is garbled, and you must reset the game before any sound appears
I couldn't get Libfat working without reading lots of corrupt data, so this only has "Drymouth" embedded inside the emulator.
I haven't integrated the changes made to the newest builds of Goomba color.

ratx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was bored so broke out the hex editor to try it out with other roms... seems to working nicely for a first release. Not quite Lameboy replacement... yet
wink.gif

http://tinyurl.com/3ad562 - parts1 and 2 and a batch file to make your own versions... open a cmd prompt; go.bat gameboycolorgame.gbc should produce a goomba_DS_test.nds

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, Super Gameboy support is still in! Even though this is a very early release, it still shows promise.

Thanks ratx for the builder tool. I've taken the liberty of modifying it slightly to let you double-click it to process all *.gb or *.gbc files in the directory:
Code:
for %%F in (*.gb) do copy /B part1 + "%%F" + part2 "%%~nF.nds"
for %%F in (*.gbc) do copy /B part1 + "%%F" + part2 "%%~nF.nds"

Hypershell

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweetness, I caught this emu the other day, great to see a way to insert your own game. Even if it is an early release, it still rocks.

Am I to gather this makeshift builder does not support games which require a save? 'cuz I've tried MegaMan Xtreme, Xtreme2, and Zelda DX, and they all freeze up at some point before the title screen (M3 Simply w/ phat DS).

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. I got Pokemon Red working with moderate sound glitches, as well as Pokemon Pinball which works very well. All my other games crash either at a title screen or simply don't load at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh