Goomba Color DS

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by FAST6191, Mar 3, 2008.

1. FAST6191
    OP

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    In a bit of a rush/not sure if this needs to be on the portal so full post later.
    Dwedit has released a version of goomba color for the DS (goomba color is a GBC emu for the GBA and nearest rival to the DS code Lameboy), it is still very early on but an interesting development.

Original thread:
    http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6295

2. Jhongerkong

Jhongerkong GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2007
    Canada
    How is it compatibility wise compared to lameboy?

EDIT: Never mind. It only plays one game.

3. ratx

ratx Member

Jan 9, 2006
    I was bored so broke out the hex editor to try it out with other roms... seems to working nicely for a first release. Not quite Lameboy replacement... yet [​IMG]

http://tinyurl.com/3ad562 - parts1 and 2 and a batch file to make your own versions... open a cmd prompt; go.bat gameboycolorgame.gbc should produce a goomba_DS_test.nds

4. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
  5. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Dude, Super Gameboy support is still in! Even though this is a very early release, it still shows promise.

Thanks ratx for the builder tool. I've taken the liberty of modifying it slightly to let you double-click it to process all *.gb or *.gbc files in the directory:
    Code:
    for %%F in (*.gb) do copy /B part1 + "%%F" + part2 "%%~nF.nds"
    for %%F in (*.gbc) do copy /B part1 + "%%F" + part2 "%%~nF.nds"

6. Hypershell

Hypershell Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    Sweetness, I caught this emu the other day, great to see a way to insert your own game. Even if it is an early release, it still rocks.

Am I to gather this makeshift builder does not support games which require a save? 'cuz I've tried MegaMan Xtreme, Xtreme2, and Zelda DX, and they all freeze up at some point before the title screen (M3 Simply w/ phat DS).

7. DanTheManMS

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    I dunno. I got Pokemon Red working with moderate sound glitches, as well as Pokemon Pinball which works very well. All my other games crash either at a title screen or simply don't load at all.

8. Sir Spanky

Sir Spanky GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2006
    I'm really glad he has started working on this again. I used to love goomba for the GBA.

9. DanTheManMS

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia