Gaming google

• Thread starter tal32123
  • Start date
  • Views 1,388
  • Replies 7
T

tal32123

OP
so whats the deal with google? I know they give out free stuff so people will spend more time on the internet and their website, but thats not what I'm talking about. I mean why do they keep your browsing data, for how long, and what do they plan on doing with it. Because I know for a fact that they keep your data and want to know how it affects, will affect me, and how it affected me.

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"September 09, 2008
* Google Announces Revised User Record Retention Policy

Official Google Blog: "we're announcing a new logs retention policy: we'll anonymize IP addresses on our server logs after 9 months. We're significantly shortening our previous 18-month retention policy to address regulatory concerns and to take another step to improve privacy for our users."

I'm sure they keep it for a while even though I'm sure they purge a lot of logs, but by law I'm sure they have to keep a lot of records. and oh by the way, if you have a Google email or account and its logged in on some occasions will record your entire search history google.com/history log in if you haven't and turn it off I did and feel a lot better. There are meta search engines that say that dont hold on to records one I use is http://ixquick.com/ Also i may be kind of nutty but im sure govt works hand in hand with them on spying just like facebooks myspace and even these forums...

If you use Firefox download a plug-in called Squiggler it mangles up the search keywords google records

www.squigglesr.com/

Also another layer of protection from google data mining is to also run add-on

"CustomizeGoogle is a Firefox extension that enhances Google search results by adding extra information (like links to Yahoo, Ask.com, MSN etc) and removing unwanted information (like ads and spam)."

www.customizegoogle.com/

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your search history, data, information is their buisness you are worth good money to them regardless if you click a ad.
I would go as far as to say give me a piece of my pie if used my browsing habits in a study. I would like to know if my search habits caused an increase in sales for the company but thats just wishfull thinking, always think the worse right now, google did have a motto do no evil, however since the new admisteration, copyight czar, and crazy IP, DMCA legistation floating around these assholes might just turn there back on that, and by the way that slogon was used before it became the giant it is today. They control a lot on information and Pay a lot of people wages. Assume teh worse... that they will sell or use browser statistics against you and possibly in the future they may turn over your browsing habits and compete search history, if not already your nosy ISP. cough comcast. Not that your data is safe on there severs anyway, its out of your hands and in theirs and who knows if the NSA or other agenices dont have some type of tap into that gold mine. C-mon im sure the chinese govt and baidu are best buddies. Maybe google needs more transparency, its nice in all with all the open source projects they help, but I would like to know what thier spider crawling software is doing to collect my info and whos hands it touches.

T

tal32123

OP
any extensions for google chrome like that, because i use chrome as a browser - it's way faster

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Best thing to do is try to not use a search engine so much google,bing-yahoo,ask,Go.com whatever.... and if you do. do so on a public terminal and copy the address. Searching for everything "googling it" "bing" is a bad habit as well as huge privacy red flag for a lot of folks. However very convenient.

Posts merged

tal32123 said:
any extensions for google chrome like that, because i use chrome as a browser - it's way faster

if your worried about google then chrome should not be the browse of choice at least not yet...

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yup, nothing but a intelligence and ad company.

G1, HTC Hero (android)...google phone is a pretty nice piece of spy equipment if I say so my self, my girl friend has one, gps/wifi/social apps galore, phones can roam onto other networks so other companies get to share into the data wealth you alone provide. good for tracking you down, pretty easy to nab and triangulate a person with this bad boy right out the box (i'm sure some of you would say just turn all the privacy features and disable gps) but its still not enough. You can browse the internet and still leave your finger print behind (no pun intended but the screen does get pretty figgery greased up) as well as 3rd party agencies and developers that host applications in the app store can snag a little data on you. And if thats not enough a clevery crafted application can send back sensitive phone information. We are talking about a phone designed around Linux right? you know how many smart linux users there are? that thing could key log you call day long if it was hiijacked properly. Most people can already root the phone as it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: