Good software for recording mouse-clicks and keyboard input?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by paulie, Nov 13, 2014.

1. paulie
    OP

paulie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2007
    United States
    Hi,

I am looking for good, freely available, software which I can use to auto fill in lists, questionnaires (and just automation of mouse-clicks and keyboard inputs in general)
    So far I could not find any software that works for both mouse and keyboard inputs and that can store several different tasks/input patterns.

Has any of you tips on software that is:
    -easy to use (i.e. recording or easy to program/set the inputs)
    -easily adjust for tasks that are very similar (maybe like adapting only some steps in between the different tasks); this way I can easily set up all the tasks, this is convenient, but not necessary
    -works for both mouse and keyboard
    -is free to use

2. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    You COULD probably makeshift something up with AutoHotkey, it doesn't record inputs but it does let you script outputs to playback to the system, I know it works for the keyboard, but I'm not sure if it works for mouse use, I think it does though.

You'd need to take the time to learn all the ins and outs of ahk scripting though and that can take a bit of time.

3. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Mouse only I'd suggest Ghostmouse.
    Keyboard, no clue

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    autohot key is pretty good (you can even make an exe for run commands), but you have to make the scripts which is hard if you don't learn how to use it\make them

5. RomAnOCrY

RomAnOCrY GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2011
    France
    i personaly use "Super Macro"

http://adam.denadai.free.fr/

Free to use, and easy to program ! But it's a step by step. you have to enter all command before run it.

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Am I right in assuming you're doing surveys on some site for points? I happen to work for a company that hosts a few of these, and if what I assume is true I hate to say this, but 99% of the time using auto-fills and third party programs to do surveys and such for you will cause the survey to not convert, especially if you're trying to rapid-fire through a bunch in a short amount of time.

If my assumption is wrong, then +1 for Super Macro. Used that a few times for games and such, works pretty well.

7. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    The old steal-girlfriend's-facebook-password ey? Careful with that.

8. paulie
    OP

paulie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2007
    United States
    Thanks for the replies, I will try out the suggestions.

And NO, I am not trying to steal my girlfriends password :P (thanks to auto-login that would not be necessary if I wanted to do that)
    Also not using it to auto-fill in surveys for points, but thanks for letting me know in advance that that would be pointless in most cases.

What I am using it for is posting advertisements on a selling site, similar to Ebay, but dedicated to the country I live in.
    Since I am often posting the exact same things and advertisements only stay online for 2-3 weeks the tool I am looking for would be really convenient.

EDIT: installed super macro, after dealing with all the French in it I managed to set it to English (yay for my French lessons finally coming to use :P)
    Will be testing it the next couple of days, but judging by a quick look at the options/menus it seems to be what I need!

9. RomAnOCrY

RomAnOCrY GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2011
    France
    glad to help you :)