Good PC games?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by nadoon, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Berthenk

Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

May 16, 2008
    Netherlands
    So that's why it laggs here? [/sarcasm]
    Wait, it could also be my cpu, but I don't think so...
    Though I do agree it's an awesome game, especially if you buy United.
    It also has a track editor, unlike other racing games you have to pay for...
    Plus, Nadeo's making a TrackMania 2 (or howerver you wanna call it...)

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3's also pretty good. though I got bored pretty fast...

And some more games...

2. mattsaysfooey

mattsaysfooey Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2007
    United States
    I wouldn't be of too much help here. I play crysis,new wolfenstein,fallout 3,unreal 99 and mass effect.
    So errr idk but console emulators with a usb controller are fun.
    I play epsxe and zsnes multiplayer with this
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11707 Turns your ps2 controller into a usb controller.

3. themuddaload

themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

May 4, 2008
    United States
    West of the equator Sex: sure
    yeah, i know you said no fps...

but i'll put this down for a heads up to all the other gaming ppls that are replying...

unreal deal pack- $16 right now on steam.

-unreal gold

-unreal tournament

-unreal II: the awakening

-unreal tournament 2004

-unreal tournament 3 black.

great deal.

@ law, aion costs a crapload... its like $60 for the game, then what, $15 a month just to play it???

nty.

4. Ahmed

Ahmed Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2004
    it's not online nor multiplier but you gotta try plants vs zombies it's worse than drugs, I ended up deleting it because I did nothing for 2 weeks but playing that game [​IMG]

5. NightKry

NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada
    Like, here?
    Hahaha, plants vs zombies is a good game (lost my save file reformatting my computer though.. I thought it would be under My Documents, not actually in Program Files..) I also play Trickster and Ragnarok. You could try Spore... or the whole Resident Evil series. I'm a girl too. We don't get many around here =/

6. MicShadow

MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2008
    For if you dont mind paying, Prototype and HAWX

7. zeromac

zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Mar 7, 2009
    Earth
    A NDS emulator plus the whole fricken imagine series? or the PetZZZ seires?

8. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    hurf durf somebody didn't see the post about the graphics whore on page one.

Thanks for the heads up about the unreal deal pack though, I was planning on picking it up. Didn't see it was on sale because it wasn't the main store page news.

9. moose3

moose3 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    NC
    I'd also say go with an emulator and pick up some of the old console games: mario, tetris, simcity, etc. as well as harvest moon or ugh, pokemon. Emulators work near 100% up to say PS1 on a decent PC.

As for PC, there was the Thief series games, as I remember, it was more of a stealth than killing series from back in the 90's. You could also try Fallout 1&2 and try going the mediator/diplomat route, but in there would still be a fair amount of killing involved [​IMG]

edit - Meant to add this: techincally you can play them online by finding some sites that let you play them online in a java based emulator so no need to download... but I am guessing you meant online as in multi-player, in which case some of the emulators do let you link up with someone else for a 2 player game. Not sure how well that feature would work.

10. Panzer Tacticer

Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    Right Here
    Have you considered Dungeons and Dragons Online? It's free And it works off of smaller groups.

11. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    No. The only way to play Fallout is drug addict every day.

12. Radio

Radio Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2008
    Cities XL is coming out soon. Demo available here: http://www.citiesxl.com/content/view/860/128/
    Audiosurf. Demo available here: http://www.audio-surf.com/ Cheap too.
    I second the suggestion to try Plant vs Zombies. Demo here http://www.popcap.com/extras/pvz/ but it's cheaper to buy through Steam so if you like it, buy it from here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/3590/

I like the 2D Worms games and there are still people playing those online. I think mainly Worms Armageddon. Might not be you style but worth trying.

Viva Pinata. Not a multiplayer game but lots of fun, looks good and cheap to buy on Amazon.
    Ever tried the Sims games? Not online but there's a huge community behind the games which is almost as much fun as the games themselves.

I was actually looking for a different version of online Tetris that I've played but found this which is from the official brand, web based and you can just jump in and play without registering: http://www.tetrisfriends.com/

iSketch: http://www.isketch.net/i2.html Online Pictionary with chat rooms attatched. Lots of fun.

Not multiplayer but online and free: http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/

13. BORTZ

BORTZ Tired of being the good guy

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    i still love sim city 3000 unlimited. i really need to get my hands on it again. of course it isnt free and its kinda dated.

14. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Well dunno ... its only single player but everyone has to play Oblivion and Gothic1&2 at least once in his/her life !

and there are several other great games like those ... well you kill some goblins or whatever but still...

Other games like this would be the older elders scrolls parts ... gothic 3 (which sucks hardcore), Mass Effect (nice game but rather short i think oO), Divinity (currently playing part 2 [​IMG] ), Risen (hope it will be good ... should be out in like 2 or 3 days), Dragon Age ( still some waiting ), Fallout 3 ...

well or maybe for you good old point and click adventures like Monkey Island ?

-----------

For multiplayer maybe Dragonica ...

15. overslept

overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

Mar 22, 2009
    United States
    California
    Portal?

16. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@
    Yeah, Portal was good and it's not a FPS. [​IMG]

I can't think of any other good games that aren't FPS...

17. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Portal is a FPPWG.

(first person puzzle with a gun)

18. dartdude6

dartdude6 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2007
    United States
  19. overslept

overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

Mar 22, 2009
    United States
    California
    I don't think you can get Portal by itself though... but if you do buy the Orange Box (or if you really have the cash and disk space, the Valve Complete Pack [​IMG] ), you will surely love Hl2, Ep. 1 and 2, and TF2. It's impossible to not love them, even if you hate violence and FPSs.

20. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@
    I sure did. Got it for $10 at EB Games.

Of course you could go down a not-so-legal-road to get it by itself.