Hacking Good news for people who bricked their SC mini/SD

Mastershredder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted everyone to know that I was successful in restoring my bricked Supercard miniSD today.
I didn't have a wifime compatible network card so I couldn't go that route.

Some guys in the scdev forum were talking about swapping flash carts and trying flashmp so I decided to give it a try.

I have an old EZFlash II 256mbit card from the GBA days so I went on the ezflash site and got the new software which is NDS rom compatible. I downloaded Darkfader's Flashmp and ran it through ndsloader so it would work on the EZ2 card.

When I powered on the DS and the EZ2 card, it loaded up flashmp, but when I pulled out the EZ2 and put in the supercard, it would shut the power off. I tried this a few times with the same results and got frustrated so I put it down and came back to it later.

This time, I plugged in the power cord and put my superkey in, bypassing flashme altogether to see if that was an issue. I held down select when I powered on to get to the normal NDS bios and chose the superkey to boot from. I saw the splash screen, and then flashmp started up.

I quickly swapped the cards and this time, the supercard didn't shut down the DS and flashmp showed that it detected a supercard! I held down L + R + Up to start the process and it erased, and rewrote the firmware to the supercard. It put it at version 1.52.

I put the new 1.63B .bin file on my minisd and booted from the supercard into GBA mode. I held my breath and proceeded with the flash, which restarted my DS after it was done.

Then, I cycled the power while holding L + R and got into diagnostic mode, then confirmed I have version 1.63.

Now my supercard brick is fully working again! Maybe there is hope for Romman to release a working .scu that will fix it.

But to anyone out there with an old GBA flashcard or even if a friend has a supercard you can borrow, this might bring some hope of getting back your card to working order.

I hope this wasn't too long of a read. Thanks to everyone for the feedback on identifying what the problem was, as I was one of the first people to report the issue on the forums, which resulted in the fixed .bin that Supercard team posted.

And to all the people who said that I was full of crap and was spreading rumors about the SC firmware frying cards cause my post count was low,
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4