ROM Hack Good News Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, 74% of dialog? That's alot. I would take this with a grain of salt until we either see some screenies or a beta patch. But then again, he may not want to get bombarded with "this sucks" like watarukun did...

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Both Rockman EXE OSS and Pokemon SS HG will be released in US, I'm not stopping you because everytime you work on projects you learn something new, you'll improve your romhacking skill.
Good luck.

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, what a way to arrive in a blaze of glory!

And to your question, please keep it as Pokemon Trainer: Red. Same as it was 10 years ago.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Definitely keep it Red. As it was
biggrin.gif

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also, may I suggest that you request the mods to close this thread, then reopen it once you have either shown progress/release the patch? I just don't want this thread to blow up like PsychoBlaster's 358/2 Days patch...and you know what happened with Magnius's thread.
dry.gif

I just want to save people stress.

iL0VECO0KiEs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn it, it seems imma hafta start over again. Lol, but nevertheless. Great effin job. Look forward to it.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
yeah i just need Wataru to make it into a patch i asked him too
Need me to make it into a patch? Why when you can do it yourself? It's not hard.

Get Xdelta GUI.

Make sure you have a copy of the original Soul Silver rom and the edited Soul Silver rom. Make sure they're in the same folder, just to make things easier.

Then go to the 'Create' tab.

Select 'Unedited rom' and find the original, unedited Japanese rom. I will not supply it for you nor tell you where to get it.

Then select 'New Rom' and find your edited rom.

Then select 'Create Patch'. Now after this you might have to wait about 5 or 10 minutes for it to patch, especially if your computers slow like mine.

After that in the same folder as your roms and your xdelta gui program, a file called "Patch" will be created.

This is the 'Patch'.

Seriously though, don't expect me to do everything just because you're new at this. There's PLENTY of information on how to make patches out there already.

phanboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@watarukun

relax man.. he asked you a favour because he couldnt do it
if you cant do it or dont want to, then you dont have to.. but theres no need to be a penis about it

WataruKun

Rom translator.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phanboi said:
@watarukun

if you cant do it or dont want to, then you dont have to.. but theres no need to be a penis about it
The problem is, is that he comes off as lazy. It's not like patching is hard and there's a lot of info on how to do it to the point where "I don't know" is just a lazy excuse.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
phanboi said:
@watarukun

The problem is, is that he comes off as lazy. It's not like patching is hard and there's a lot of info on how to do it to the point where "I don't know" is just a lazy excuse.

if its something you've never been done before its hard, some people may find it difficult to understand. Sure it may be something simple but think of how many people out there don't get the simplest of jokes >,< it happens.

your making yourself come off as an ass just relax and lend a hand kindly seriously its almost christmas (whether you believe in it or not) spread the christmas cheer not hate

on another note thank you for telling lance how to make the patch himself.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
A full translation? As in every single piece of dialogue translated? Seriously? Where the hell did this come from? Most I've seen translated goes up to Goldenrod Gym, then people seem to have decided that since it's getting a US/UK release anyway, spending any more time on it was pointless so they stopped there. If this is the genuine article and I can set about catching Lugia in a language I can fully comprehend, then make your way here to Coventry in the UK and you'll get yourself another beer
smile.gif

lewyp1

The Greatest Evil Genius/Mad Scientist in history.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
XXLANCEXX said:
yeah i just need Wataru to make it into a patch i asked him too
Need me to make it into a patch? Why when you can do it yourself? It's not hard.

Get Xdelta GUI.

Make sure you have a copy of the original Soul Silver rom and the edited Soul Silver rom. Make sure they're in the same folder, just to make things easier.

Then go to the 'Create' tab.

Select 'Unedited rom' and find the original, unedited Japanese rom. I will not supply it for you nor tell you where to get it.

Then select 'New Rom' and find your edited rom.

Then select 'Create Patch'. Now after this you might have to wait about 5 or 10 minutes for it to patch, especially if your computers slow like mine.

After that in the same folder as your roms and your xdelta gui program, a file called "Patch" will be created.

This is the 'Patch'.

Seriously though, don't expect me to do everything just because you're new at this. There's PLENTY of information on how to make patches out there already.

Wataru, because i'm a patching noob could you answer this question for me, if i used this method to create this patch but i also wanted to put Rudolphs anti-freezing patch on it, how would I accomplish it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1