Hacking good idea to download games from PSN?

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK as long as you play on the firmware required by the game and the correct account information, you can play any PSN game you want on a hacked PSP. Unless there's something I'm forgetting...
unsure.gif

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As long as you access PSN with required firmware you shouldn't have any problems...

And checks done on the PSP are less restrictive than on PS3, so just faking the version of your PSP should be perfectly fine.

And to finish: TN has updated his HEN to support 6.39 which is the latest firmware, I tried it on my PSP Go and was able to download the "welcome back" games while still able to use plugins/homebrew and iso.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sure how to upgrade from the 6.20 hack to 6.39... is there a way in the guide i'm missing or something?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's simple. Update to 6.39 OFW. Boot new HEN. You have a choice of TN HEN, PRO LCFW or ME LCFW. PRO and ME have more "CFW-like" features (e.g. ISO loading etc.), with PRO having more features than ME (PRO has loads of different drivers and some extra PSX stuff and some other stuff. Mainly warez crap from what I gather.)

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
It's simple. Update to 6.39 OFW. Boot new HEN. You have a choice of TN HEN, PRO LCFW or ME LCFW. PRO and ME have more "CFW-like" features (e.g. ISO loading etc.), with PRO having more features than ME (PRO has loads of different drivers and some extra PSX stuff and some other stuff. Mainly warez crap from what I gather.)

for some odd reason i updated 6.39 OFW and it won't let me run new hen... it just boots me back to the psp menu...

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
And to finish: TN has updated his HEN to support 6.39 which is the latest firmware, I tried it on my PSP Go and was able to download the "welcome back" games while still able to use plugins/homebrew and iso.
you didn't have to upgrade to 6.39.
why doesn't anyone know about version.txt?
it's like everyone just ignores it.
you can be on 6.20 PRO with permanent patch with a 6.39 version.txt in your SEPLUGINS folder.
then just go into recovery and enable 'use version.txt from seplugins.'

i'm on 6.20 PRO with my pspgo and have perfect PSN access through my PSP, remote play with my PS3, and media go connectivity because of version.txt.
2nl4y0g.jpg

CODErelease:6.39:
build:4966,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6
system:57253@release_639,0x06030910:
vsh:P6608@release_639,v58306@release_639,20110126:
target:1:WorldWide

be on 6.20 PRO-B6 (or any 6.xx PRO, it doesn't matter)
paste that into a text file called version.txt, put it in your SEPLUGINS folder.
enable it in your recovery menu.

i don't get why hardly anyone knows how to do this.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not that people don't know about it (or at least, not in my case anyway), I just prefer to be on the latest possible OFW. The only thing you lose out on is permanent patch, which I've read a bunch of stories of people bricking with (mainly uninstalling it) so I would personally avoid. (Although TBH, I don't use any HEN or CFW on my PSP, I'm not that excited for PSP homebrew, and any I am interested in can mostly be signed. One exception, but I couldn't be bothered with workarounds etc. for one homebrew)

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
I'm currently unable to download any games on 6.20 PRO-B6.

I AM able to download comics, but not games (not even demos).
80109D24

ouch.

and i was thinking about downloading the metal slug XX download person. but it's a buck i'll wait till after magic the gathering 2012 comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and normal grapes