Gaming Good games that are unknown

Quanno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What are some games that are really worth mentioning but not that well known?

For me it would be Timeshift. It was a pretty decent FPS with Time-control as base:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4aTnnJ73q0[/youtube]
Too bad it wasn't that known...

So, you guys have more of those?

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mine would probably be Prototype. Amazing game, but (from what I've seen) very few people have heard of it. And all the people I know are graphics whores who love games like Prototype.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the PC side here are a few

King's Bounty Series (for everyone wanting an actual HOMM sequel)
Monkey Island 1&2 Special Editions (Point and click isn't dead!)
Anomaly Warzone Earth (a reverse tower defense game)
Day of Defeat: Source (Yeah I realize it's 'another' ww2 shooter but its good really)

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess are we talking about 'obscure' PC games? Do we talk about DOS game which probably a good 90% of people here have never heard of (Syndicate, Crusader No Remorse, etc) despite being 'huge' games in their time?

What are the criteria? I could probably prattle off a hundred 'unknown' games that were huge in their day. Where the hell is Links!!!! I WANT A REALISTIC GOLF GAME DAMN IT!

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why 7th Guest is on the list? I mean that was as popular as Myst back in the day! Can you really call that 'unknown'

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how many people know it now though?
im sure the older people do but games like myst kept making sequels and 7th guest never had a sequel or remake ect...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
how many people know it now though?
im sure the older people do but games like myst kept making sequels and 7th guest never had a sequel or remake ect...

If we're simply talking age 'memory' I could prattle off a half-a-dozen 'unknown' games that were huge in their day

Bard's Tale
Syndicate
Populous
Phantasmgoria
Grim Fandango
Gabriel Knight

FYI 7th Guest had a sequel, the 11th Hour.

I guess that's why I was asking for what 'unknown' meant. While I loved all those games, I probably wouldn't expect someone today to pick them up and go HOLY CRAP THATS AWESOME. I think there are some great indie games coming out right now that do deserve some attention and are 'unknown'. Anomaly Warzone Earth I mentioned is a great example of that. Anything in the Humble Bundles are worth looking at as well.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clive barker's undying, no one lives forever, sitting ducks, chasm, imperium galactica 1-2 and a lot more....
i wouldn't list dos games, since the gaming wasn't that popular thing back then as it is now or about 5-10 years ago they were all pretty unknown mostly
prototype...i dunno, i think it was kinda popular

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: