Hacking Good Flashcart for the DS.

RobertSmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm looking for a flashcart that can play 3DS roms and DS roms, and one that is stable and has a lot of memory.
I've heard that nintendo could brick your 3DS if you use a flashcart, is that true?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely miss-leading. Current flash carts can only play DS games on the DSi and 3DS, save the Cyclo iEvo which can play DSi games as well. None of them can play 3DS games. That site is suggesting that should the 3DS get hacked, your flash cart could be updated to run 3DS games, NOT that you can currently play 3DS games on said flash cart. Either statement is crap: there isn't a flash cart on the market on the market currently that can play 3DS games, and if/when the 3DS is cracked it's about a million times more likely that the flash cart manufacturers will just release new carts rather than update their current ones.

RobertSmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Completely miss-leading. Current flash carts can only play DS games on the DSi and 3DS, save the Cyclo iEvo which can play DSi games as well. None of them can play 3DS games. That site is suggesting that should the 3DS get hacked, your flash cart could be updated to run 3DS games, NOT that you can currently play 3DS games on said flash cart. Either statement is crap: there isn't a flash cart on the market on the market currently that can play 3DS games, and if/when the 3DS is cracked it's about a million times more likely that the flash cart manufacturers will just release new carts rather than update their current ones.

Thanks, I'll get the Ievo. :D

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go ahead... If you want a cart w/ dead support and won't work in DS mode on your 3DS if you update the 3DS's firmware. What I mean here is, if you buy a Cyclo, you will be VERY disappointed. Buy something that actually works: AceKard, EZ Flash 5, Supercard DS2, etc.

All the DSi exclusive games that came on a cartridge are crap. All the DSi enhanced games will still run in DS mode and the enhancements were completely useless anyway. While there are some great DSiware games, you can't play it w/ a flash cart. Spending the extra money on an iEvo will get you nothing worthwhile and leave you w/ an abandoned cart that ALREADY doesn't work for the bulk of what you'll be doing w/ it on your 3DS w/ the current gen of flash carts. Seriously, pick another cart that IS NOT the iEvo.

I also recommend avoiding anything calling itself an R4. Not all R4's are bad, and if they are compatible w/ Wood that would make me inclined to give it a thumbs up. The problem is there are way too many clones that have zero support and it's hard to find a cart labeled as an R4 that will actually be a "good one".

RobertSmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Go ahead... If you want a cart w/ dead support and won't work in DS mode on your 3DS if you update the 3DS's firmware. What I mean here is, if you buy a Cyclo, you will be VERY disappointed. Buy something that actually works: AceKard, EZ Flash 5, Supercard DS2, etc.

All the DSi exclusive games that came on a cartridge are crap. All the DSi enhanced games will still run in DS mode and the enhancements were completely useless anyway. While there are some great DSiware games, you can't play it w/ a flash cart. Spending the extra money on an iEvo will get you nothing worthwhile and leave you w/ an abandoned cart that ALREADY doesn't work for the bulk of what you'll be doing w/ it on your 3DS w/ the current gen of flash carts. Seriously, pick another cart that IS NOT the iEvo.

I also recommend avoiding anything calling itself an R4. Not all R4's are bad, and if they are compatible w/ Wood that would make me inclined to give it a thumbs up. The problem is there are way too many clones that have zero support and it's hard to find a cart labeled as an R4 that will actually be a "good one".
I'll get the.... AceKard :D sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s