Good Comedy anime

  • Thread starter Thread starter Elisa_
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,090
  • Replies Replies 36
pikadude1006 said:
Westside said:
pikadude1006 said:
Westside said:
Death note, the plot holes made me lol.
Sorry if I'm seeming retarded here, but what plot holes?
Ignore me, I was trying to be funny... It's not a comedy, it's actually a dark drama.

Explaination on plot holes

I also laughed at the amount of cliches there were in that anime.
No, I mean I've seen DN, and I know what plot holes are, but where were/are they?
1) If you’re a criminal and you change your name, which one does Light have to use to kill you?
2) If you have the same name as a famous person, does that mean Kira can never kill you?
3) If Light writes down one name and pictures two people’s faces while doing it, which person dies?
4) Given that L spent several years in the UK, how in the world was it possible for him to destroy all photographs of himself?
5) On a more ethical note, how does Light know that every alleged criminal he kills is guilty?
6) Broadcasting a criminal’s name and picture is tantamount to a death sentence, so why are the media and police aiding Kira’s murders?
7) Given that L was easily able to narrow down Kira’s location with the Lind L. Tailor ploy, why didn’t he use the same method to prove that Light is Kira?
 
Westside said:
pikadude1006 said:
Westside said:
pikadude1006 said:
Westside said:
Death note, the plot holes made me lol.
Sorry if I'm seeming retarded here, but what plot holes?
Ignore me, I was trying to be funny... It's not a comedy, it's actually a dark drama.

Explaination on plot holes

I also laughed at the amount of cliches there were in that anime.
No, I mean I've seen DN, and I know what plot holes are, but where were/are they?
1) If you’re a criminal and you change your name, which one does Light have to use to kill you?
2) If you have the same name as a famous person, does that mean Kira can never kill you?
3) If Light writes down one name and pictures two people’s faces while doing it, which person dies?
4) Given that L spent several years in the UK, how in the world was it possible for him to destroy all photographs of himself?
5) On a more ethical note, how does Light know that every alleged criminal he kills is guilty?
6) Broadcasting a criminal’s name and picture is tantamount to a death sentence, so why are the media and police aiding Kira’s murders?
7) Given that L was easily able to narrow down Kira’s location with the Lind L. Tailor ploy, why didn’t he use the same method to prove that Light is Kira?

Not to derail the topic, but:

1) Your birth name is the name he kills you with, otherwise aliases would make you damn near Kira-proof (except for the eyes).
2) If he focused really hard on it, he probably could kill you.
3) It kills the person who he's thinking about most.
4) He lived in Wammy's House his whole childhood.
5) He didn't kill EVERY criminal he saw. Now Mikami on the other hand...
6) L deduced that, since Kira is childish and hates to lose, if they stopped broadcasting crimes, he would start killing world leaders.
7) Light wouldn't fall for the same trick again. He's not THAT stupid.

And to re-rail the topic, I suggest:

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Lucky Star
FLCL
Azumangah Daioh
Girls Bravo
 
point taken.
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
copy pasta

Anyway, in reality, I would actually recommend Azumanga, but if you would actually like to read a manga, I would recommend actually recommend Yotsubato, it's super cute and funny..
 
Haruhi Suzumiya and Full metal Panic Fumoffuu. Highly recommend those. I used to love those series when I was an anime geek.
 
I love some of the real old-school series from the 80s and early 90s. The animation quality generally isn't on the same level as modern stuff (before computers were used to colour, composite and output the animation everything had to be drawn on plastic cels and painted by hand, effects done in-camera, etc, so it was even more hugely labour-intensive), but there are some real gems kicking around. The light-hearted crime capers of Lupin III are always good viewing, plus there is a long-running movie/TV movie series that's still going today (out of those, I particularly recommend Castle of Cagliostro, Goodbye Lady Liberty and The Fuma Conspiracy). The gender-bending martial arts wackiness of Ranma ½ is a venerable anime institution, and certainly the first couple of seasons are worth watching (perhaps less so the later episodes as it starts to get more "out there"). And my personal favourite has to be Urusei Yatsura, the endlessly creative sci-fi comedy, and directorial debut of Mamoru Oshii of Ghost in the Shell fame.
 
I agree with Urusei Yatsura. Pity it is old enough that english dub is not assured.

But really, anything that Rumiko created is great. She isn't the princess for nothing.
 
some great suggestions here. I would recommend Ebichu. It's a 18+ comedy about a single 20 something, her hamster, and her good for nothing boyfriend. I found it hilarious.
 
avant1277 said:
some great suggestions here. I would recommend Ebichu. It's a 18+ comedy about a single 20 something, her hamster, and her good for nothing boyfriend. I found it hilarious.

I couldn't handle that show actually. The artwork was very crude, but the show itself was just utterly "out there".
 
Excel Saga is hilarious
rofl.gif


funny shows I've seen:
FMP? FUMOFFU
School Rumble
FLCL
Puni-Puni Poemy (only 2 episodes and somewhat crude[18+])
bobobo bo-bo-bobo (not entirely sure on how thats spelt)
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted