Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi. So yesterday I ordered a new iPad through my school. I get a $50 gift card, which is nice, so I am looking to spend it on apps that can help me with my school work, like jotting down assignment reminders, writing essays, ebook readers, all that stuff. Anybody have good recommendations?

Also, is it worth jailbreaking? Can I put emulators on it without jailbreaking? The last iOS device I owned was an iPod Touch 2g years back so I vaguely remember how jailbreaking worked back then. Also, what emulator run at full speed?

Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what apps would be good for school, but as for whether or not it's worth jailbreaking, that depends on what you want to do with it. In my opinion, there's definitely no reason not to jailbreak. And no, you cannot use emulators on it without jailbreaking. I only have experience with the GBA emulator, and it worked great.

chains_of_androm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good e-reader app, something that can handle mobi, epub and what not. Note taking apps are also good, but stylus to ipad writing is not nearly as good as a lenovo with digitizer so you might want to buy some other app with that money. I would say try out the free apps first and see what you are missing, and look for paid apps with those features added on.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok there isnt a reason to own an Apple device without jailbreaking.

For college, uh Evernote, and uh i cant think of anything else right now.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I use AI writer and iThoughtsHD a lot for taking notes. Either a simple word processor or mind mapping software can be very useful in school. Other than that, look for office and photo editing software. They may not be strong on iOS, but short of carrying a laptop around... It'll do.

As for eReaders, I'm still looking for one that doesn't check for DRM and otherwise works well. The two I currently use crash a lot.

triassic911

Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the iPad now and I love it. I'm trying to find a guide to jailbreak the 3rd gen iPad specifically but cannot find one.... Is it possible to jailbreak this model?

Edit: nvm got my iPad jailbroken.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Good job jailbreaking. I suggest using iCleaner (Cydia) every once in awhile to prevent any Exploitable data to store in your device.
For college
-PowerPoint like app - Keynote
-Word like app - Pages
-excell like app- Numbers
^Note those are official apps in the AppStore

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol