Hacking Gonna Setup my 3ds after finals, got a few questions

CIH137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got my 3ds and gateway coming in the mail. I've been following threads here for a while so I may have some out dated information and wanted to check some things.

I know multirom support is coming soon so I was thinking about getting like a 32 or 64 gb micro sd card. I think i remember back in the day the games had to be close to the size of the card, is or was that ever a thing? Could I use a 64 to play a 2gb game until multi rom happens? Also if you have information of the best type that is cheap for micro sd that would be great. I saw some cheap ones used on amazon i think. Would a san disk ultra be good? The 64 I am looking at says it is only good for XC devices, will that work, or should i get a normal one?

Also I have a 8 gb sd card lying around already is that more than enough for saves and other stuff like emunand and whatever else I would need to put on it.

Since I am just starting, I am planning to play some older games .Did the 1.2 release of gateway have small issues like the 2.0b or will using 2.0b for basic rom gaming be better than finding a 1.2 release.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've got my 3ds and gateway coming in the mail. I've been following threads here for a while so I may have some out dated information and wanted to check some things.

I know multirom support is coming soon so I was thinking about getting like a 32 or 64 gb micro sd card. I think i remember back in the day the games had to be close to the size of the card, is or was that ever a thing? Could I use a 64 to play a 2gb game until multi rom happens? Also if you have information of the best type that is cheap for micro sd that would be great. I saw some cheap ones used on amazon i think. Would a san disk ultra be good? The 64 I am looking at says it is only good for XC devices, will that work, or should i get a normal one?

Also I have a 8 gb sd card lying around already is that more than enough for saves and other stuff like emunand and whatever else I would need to put on it.

Since I am just starting, I am planning to play some older games .Did the 1.2 release of gateway have small issues like the 2.0b or will using 2.0b for basic rom gaming be better than finding a 1.2 release.

I suggest you to get a 32gb card cause it will have better compatibility with your gateway and will save you some bucks.

8gb is more than enough if you are not planning to get 3ds games on it.

Not everyone is having issues with 2.0 at least i don't.

CIH137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest you to get a 32gb card cause it will have better compatibility with your gateway and will save you some bucks.

8gb is more than enough if you are not planning to get 3ds games on it.

Not everyone is having issues with 2.0 at least i don't.

Will the 32 gb play 2gb games? I feel like that was an issue back in the day
or does it need to be on like a 2gb micro

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Will the 32 gb play 2gb games? I feel like that was an issue back in the day
or does it need to be on like a 2gb micro

It will play them but just one at a time as you know. As of now i have a 300mb rom on a 4gb micro sd and it's working fine.

CIH137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will play them but just one at a time as you know. As of now i have a 300mb rom on a 4gb micro sd and it's working fine.

Awesome, Thanks for the help. I just bought a 32 gb off amazon, it said it was a today only sale, got it for like 16$ and prime shipping. I'm fine with deleting and replacing games while I wait for multi rom. I'm sure I'll only get through 2-3 games before 2.0 is released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf