GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
OP
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country

GoLife Beta

Anarcho Mario has released a beta of his homebrew NDS version of Conway's Game of Life, GoLife.

GoLife.png
It supports:

QUOTE said:
_ Relativly big universe (256*192 cells)

_ Copy, cut and paste

_ Horizontal and vertical flip

_ Rotation

_ Undo

_ Different speeds

_ etc.

_ and... COMPATIBILITY WITH THE .LIF FORMAT ! Thanks to the Fatlib, you can load and save thousand of famous patterns. (some are include in the archive, but google "conway game of life patterns" will bring you a lot more)

Lurick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, but some tips about it's functions on DS would be nice!
Do you mean how to get it to function, or what function it's supposed to serve?

As for the latter question, Conway's Game of Life doesn't really HAVE a function/purpose, nor is it really a "game" per se. There's no object. There's no players, not even one. It's completely self-executing, and is essentially a way of watching patterns emerge on a grid with a set standard of rules that determine growth ... a "cellular automoton." It's more of a Zen, meditation thing for mathematicians and programmers than anything else.

Of course, trying to find initial "seed patterns" that evolve into something interesting is more fun that it sounds.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool, but some tips about it's functions on DS would be nice!

Do you mean how to get it to function, or what function it's supposed to serve?

As for the latter question, Conway's Game of Life doesn't really HAVE a function/purpose, nor is it really a "game" per se. There's no object. There's no players, not even one. It's completely self-executing, and is essentially a way of watching patterns emerge on a grid with a set standard of rules that determine growth ... a "cellular automoton." It's more of a Zen, meditation thing for mathematicians and programmers than anything else.

Of course, trying to find initial "seed patterns" that evolve into something interesting is more fun that it sounds.
Hehe, I know.
But I can't really make out the function of many buttons and it shows just black flashes on the top screen and not a zoomed versin of the actual lower screen.

Anarcho Mario

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

destructobot, can you try my new release (http://www.punishmentpark.com/nny/doom/GoLife.zip) and tell me if you still see nothing in the zoomed view ? Apparently it was a bug in the last PAlib that corrupt the Draw16bitRect() function (at random!) but now it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If she is green don't eat her!