Hacking Gold's Gym

pandastew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Gold's Gym NTSC-U while having a Wii NTSC-J version.

I removed the update found in the Gold's Gym using WBB. now when I try to run this normally, I get a blank screen. so I restarted the wii and used the Homebrew Channel and Gecko 1.8.0.2 and when I try to run it, I receive an Error #02 and have something to do with IOS 53. so I looked around the site and downloaded WAD manager 1.3 on Apps folder of my SD card and obtained IOS 38, 53, 55 and placed them on WAD folder. I ran the WAD manager and installed all 3 in the order of IOS 38,53,55. now I don't get the blue screen with error#02, but it still goes into blank screen. can you point to me what to do next?

RolfThiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe just a bad burn?
We use it on a 3.2E - update removed and started with the BL Gamma002fix - without any problems!
(The wife loves it!)

... maybe you check for a Gecko with 002 fix or Backup Loader 002 fix! Also check if you have the rev9 ...

pandastew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe I need to update my wii? the last time I updated is for playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl NTSC-U version which is 3.1J? not really sure. but should I try this Gamma 002 fix? and what is rev9? and on the Gecko, do you need to change the setting at all or is standard setting fine?

pandastew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but the thing is, I only get the error#002 in the beginning. after I installed WAD manager 1.3 and installed IOS 38,53,55 I did not receive the error message anymore just black screen/blank screen when loading the game directly and through the Gecko 1.8.0.2

pandastew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no1 who have ntsc-j wii console can give me any input?

EDIT: Got it to work. turns out I needed to set my Gecko1.8 to Game Language: English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too