Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Goldleaf

Goldleaf is a multipurpose homebrew tool for Nintendo Switch!

Goldleaf.1.jpg

Similar to the well-known 3DS homebrew FBI, Goldleaf serves as a file browser/manager/editor, title manager, user account manager... and more!

Let Goldlead make your life easier while dealing with more or less technical Nintendo Switch stuff!

Last edited by XorTroll, , Reason: 0.6 README changes

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, recently i have a problem with this.

Im using Goldleaf 0.4 nro and when i try to install a 6-7GB NSP on system memory which has free 20gb, i receive the following error:

"Not enough space to install title, need 6,25gb more"

I tried to install through USB but it always stop mid transfer as well.

So how can i fix this? Thanks!

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I already commented this issue on GitHub, but I could not find it here.
Using version 0.4 on a Switch 6.2.0 and Atmosphere 0.8.5, the program hangs at the step 4 of 4 while installing NSP Updates, producing a system crash with the error message 2168-0002 (0x4a8) upon every installation. After the forced restarts, the updates themselves seem to be working correctly.

Edit: I installed six other different updates and all of them failed at the step 4 of 4, produced a system crash and showed the same error message.

Replying to myself, in case someone else faces this issue. I checked the commits tree [1] and tried four different builds [2] of Goldleaf 0.5:
f74d9b7 from March 17, the latest available
69fba6e from March 9, the last of that day's commits
d212c5a from Feb 25, the last build of that month
be5ddeb from Feb 16, from commits about a week earlier

While the three most recent builds could install Updates without producing a system crash, build d212c5a was the only version that could also manage installed titles. All the builds from March use a different title layout which, on my system, is unusable. If one clicks on a title within the manager, Goldleaf either shows information about another one (sometimes the one right above, but some others an entirely different one) or just does nothing.

After installing about twenty titles and their updates, I can say that build d212c5a installed them all correctly and did not cause a system crash after an installation. However, the application did show a garbled error message when trying to install a title immediately after installing an update. Closing the application and reopening it cleared the message and allowed me to continue installing other titles.
It was a cumbersome to exit the application after installing every update, but at least no system crash was triggered and all titles installed correctly.

[1] https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/compare/0.4...master
[2] https://bsnx.lavatech.top/goldleaf/

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Just just tried the latest nightly goldleaf-f74d9b7 for the 17th of this month and had it crash to a black screen twice and when it has worked when i quit the app via the home button it once again crashes to a black screen, so it seems very unstable has anyone else had these issues (on ReiNX and FW 7.0.1)

Also unable to get the UBS method to work it just seems to sit on the 'Connection was established. Waiting for NSP request from PC..... even after i have selected the nsp to install

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just just tried the latest nightly goldleaf-f74d9b7 for the 17th of this month and had it crash to a black screen twice and when it has worked when i quit the app via the home button it once again crashes to a black screen, so it seems very unstable has anyone else had these issues (on ReiNX and FW 7.0.1)
it works for me on Kosmos 11.11.1 ( atmosphere 0.8.5 )

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-Snip-

Also unable to get the UBS method to work it just seems to sit on the 'Connection was established. Waiting for NSP request from PC..... even after i have selected the nsp to install

For USB installs: try Goldtree v3 or v4 (shouldn't matter that much) and goldleaf v3.

For installing off of your SD card: use build f74d9b7 or d212c5a. Second one is older but you can actually manage installed titles even if a bunch are missing names. Also, you can try using a program like NRO2NSP to create a "Forwarder" for Goldleaf. That way it has full access to the console's RAM unlike using HBL via the Album applet. And depending on how you have it set up, it can be updated without uninstalling the forwarder app.
(Choose SDMC for location and point it to the goldleaf.nro on your SD card which lets you update it as needed. Example: "/switch/Goldleaf/Goldleaf.nro")

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Heya, so happy to announce that Goldleaf and Goldtree v0.5 are finally out!
Have to point out that this is the most stable update ever of Goldleaf.

Check it out! https://github.com/XorTroll/Goldleaf/releases/tag/0.5

Changelog (big one!)
  • Huge UI refactor:
    • Dialogs have been refactored, now they aren't full-screen, and are roundy and well designed :)
    • Several graphics have changed (main logo)
    • Touch support, mainly noticeable in dialogs and menus. (scrolling still not supported)
    • On file browsers (SD / console memory), the element size has been changed from 100 to 50, doubling the element count being showed, and improving browsing in very populated directories.
    • As Plutonium changed on 0.2.1, now moving up on the top element in a menu will move to the latest one, and down on the latest one to the top one.
  • USB is in a better state now:
    • Installations are no longer handled by two different threads, which makes them more stable.
    • USB system has been changed on the libnx fork, hence some things are easy to handle now, like connection issues or callbacks while USB reading.
    • Don't worry, multi-installation USB is planned for 0.6 or sooner versions :)
  • New and rebuilt content manager:
    • Titles are sorted by all their subcontents (in case they have updates or DLC)
    • Any kind of content can be deleted individually
    • System titles are also supported, but deleting them is not allowed by default.
  • New config file! Goldleaf.ini:
    • Support to replace UI colors and assets.
    • Support to enforce a custom language
    • Via RomFs replacing icons, texts, even translations can be replaced!
  • File browsers:
    • Files and directories are sorted properly now.
  • NSP installs:
    • 7.x installs are supported by doing a temporary copy of CNMT and control NCAs to NAND SYSTEM (which gets deleted right after the install, don't worry)
    • Install dialog might take a few seconds to show up as the change mentioned above. Just a small delay, nothing dangerous.
    • Bad installs will (attempt) to remove half-installed contents to avoid corrupted installs.
    • If the title is already installed, Goldleaf will uninstall it so that the new one can be installed. This might happen with updates (share the same application Id so are considered as the same title internally)
  • USB installs:
    • Sizes were fixed, transferring methods were revised... now USB installs are more stable than ever :) (after those tons of bugs with 0.4)
    • Goldtree also had small changes related to USB commands, so other PC clients should get updated too. Not a big change, but a really relevant one.
  • Error handling:
    • Not a very big addition, but now caught errors are displayed on a FBI-ish style (dialog showing error type, description..., not just the error code on the footer)
  • NXTheme installs:
    • Now Goldleaf doesn't handle these installs itself, instead it uses NxThemes installer, which should be installed in order to install themes. This fixes compatibility with new changes.
  • User accounts:
    • Now icons are checked whether they are valid 256x256 JPEG icons before using them for account icons.
    • On previous versions the only user (in case there was just one) could be deleted. Now that has been corrected.
  • Removed features!?
    • NCA file support (extractions) was removed as a new system to dynamically mount and access NCAs is being worked on for next versions :)
    • CFW support as it resulted in a pointless menu, which just was useful to see whether qlaunch was replaced in the selected CFW.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
Also, thanks a lot to the testers, who have done a huge job for making 0.5 what it is now.
And, as always, have fun with this multitool!

developer_su

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Goldtree also had small changes related to USB commands, so other PC clients should get updated too. Not a big change, but a really relevant one.
Could you please provide any additional information for this? Quickly looked on GoldTree and I see the same commands set as it was before (didn't dig deep enough yet).

Reactions: Deleted User

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Every time I close Goldleaf atmosphere crash with error code:

"2000-0000 (0x0)
Title: 0100000000000006
Firmware 7.0.1 (Atmosphère 0.8.6-master-2d27dab)

An error has occured."

The reboot to payload using VOL buttons does not work for some reason.

Using the the latest Atmospere from today and also the lastest goldleaf from today.
This happens for both the .nsp and the .nro.

Anyone has any idea why this happens and if there is a fix for this?

developer_su

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Goldtree used to read every command just in one read, now the command id and the magic are read into two different reads of u32, like old Tinfoil and old Goldleaf versions did, as reading them liken this seems to be way more safe.
Really appreciate your assistance. Released my NS-USBloader for GoldTree v0.5. It's really a way more stable and solid USB transfers than it was before! Good job:switch:

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@XorTroll The switch goes to sleep during title installation and messes everything up :( I had to find the title id and delete it's ticket to be able to reinstall it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Make sure you smack my booty daddy +1