Gaming GoldenEye XBLA and RGH X360

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be due to it being in hdd1/content folder. I put mine in a separate folder, because I'll probably delete it later.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I mentioned this on psx place in my 360 tutorials for anyone who doesn't know. you can also change the name from Bean, and you don't even need the http link to do it. I left mine as is. some games have weird names (taken from the default.xex) like duke nukem forever is named "bullseye."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

both blue dragon and lost odyssey have their names written in Japanese. I changed them to English on my system, then hid the other discs other than disc 1. you can fix hiding discs in the http link.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also mentioned that putting games in a subfolder from the root game folder named disc 1, disc 2, etc. causes the system to swap discs automatically. you can even try to trick it, and it will still load the right game disc.

Reactions: BigOnYa

MockyLock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !
I got it to show in game menu ! Nice !
Thank you all for the help.
Now i would like to rename it (shows Bean like everyone).
@godreborn : even by reading you at psx-place, i can't figure out how to rename the game in the menu.
Could you help me a bit more ?
Thanks in advance !

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !
I got it to show in game menu ! Nice !
Thank you all for the help.
Now i would like to rename it (shows Bean like everyone).
@godreborn : even by reading you at psx-place, i can't figure out how to rename the game in the menu.
Could you help me a bit more ?
Thanks in advance !

press y while hovering over the game to open options, then select rename:

20210208_053344.jpg

MockyLock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's been a few years since i got my RGH 360 but i must admit i never really dug into the different options.
I'll just leave this here if anyone wants it.
Nice. Now i just have to ask @godreborn how to insert this into the menu :P

More seriously, @godreborn , i think i should update a bit my 360 : update maybe FSD (i have the 3rd), and/or the original XBOX emulator for compatibility.
Do you have some fancy tutorials in mind ?
I've read about yours, what's the use of Xebuild and its update ?

Thank you once again for your interest !

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xebuild is for updating the dash kernel or the system itself basically. you could update FSD, but I don't think it will impact much. I've been using FSD2 for years, because it's faster at loading the entire database than FS3 or Aurora. I have nearly 1,000 games, so I need it to be fast. to update the xbox emulator, enable hddx to show up in settings, then copy and paste or ftp (may be the easiest). hddx has to be enabled or it won't work even if copying over the compatibility folder. I learned that when I updated. the guide wasn't opening up, but after I did that, it worked. the guide now works with the xbox emulator. to put that box art in, go into FSD or Aurora, enable http, type in a username and password, go to your computer, type in the ip address of the system in the address bar, type in your password and username, go into xbox 360 games, go to Bean or whatever you named it, click on the name, then you'll be taken to a page where you can change artwork, including the box art.

Reactions: BigOnYa

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might want to use @DinohScene 's updating tutorial over mine, since his has pictures. it's not hard to do anymore, because all info about your system is read from the nand dump. it's almost idiot proof. inject dashlaunch with the nand, because there was, possibly still is, a bug where dashlaunch will freeze after updating the system. it's a known issue due to a patch having been forgotten. it won't affect the system, but it can be scary, because misusing dashlaunch could potentially brick the system. name the official update to $$ystemUpdate if you have updates blocked. you need that for avatar, media, kinect, and I think xbox stuff (anything that's on the hdd that is). you only need to update to one of the 16xxx. the last good update was one of them, and it enabled using 2TB external for dlc and stuff. it was 32GBs before that. after that, it was mostly changes to the tos or bug fixes. I think the latest is 17559, so you could update to that if you want. the process is the same.

MockyLock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
about what you said in the last post, i am using a 1TB HDD, so i think it's updated enough.
I'll have a look in the renaming/cover of GoldenEye, and in updating the XBOX emulator.
Thank you for all your advices.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about what you said in the last post, i am using a 1TB HDD, so i think it's updated enough.
I'll have a look in the renaming/cover of GoldenEye, and in updating the XBOX emulator.
Thank you for all your advices.

xbla work even before that, so I think the 16xxx is only for either official or if you want dlc on external, which was impossible even with a fully hacked 360 afaik before that.

D

Deleted User

If you're like me and use Aurora here is all the assets you need just extract them and they go in Aurora/Data/Gamedata/584108A9 then reboot. You will get the above cover and an icon I don't do backgrounds.

Here is how it looks on my 360.

thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg

Attachments

• Goldeneye Aurora Assets.7z
    161.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by ,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the assets will work for someone else (don't know for sure), because you might have to have the game located in the same folders.

D

Deleted User

I'm not sure if the assets will work for someone else (don't know for sure), because you might have to have the game located in the same folders.

It's the same for anyone that uses Aurora. 584108A9 is the folder name that it uses and it doesn't change even if you use FSD. (see first post on this page) I have made hundreds of covers on Aurora I'm very familar with how it works. The rest is the path is just where all the covers go for Aurora. I've even had to redo all my covers on a different RGH so I know for 100% fact the paths do not change. They'll work fine.

Here's another example of how this number does not change it is always 584108A9 https://github.com/xenia-project/game-compatibility/issues/1704

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music