Status
Not open for further replies.

Supertag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got it. I was wondering what that meant because I looked up "opcodes" and was confused. That is a good explanation.

Now ... we need a tutorial on how to NOP this operation. Even more useful would be a tutorial for finding "killer opcodes" in other roms... you know , so I could get superman running.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supertag said:
got it. I was wondering what that meant because I looked up "opcodes" and was confused. That is a good explanation.

Now ... we need a tutorial on how to NOP this operation. Even more useful would be a tutorial for finding "killer opcodes" in other roms... you know , so I could get superman running.

That's the easy part. I can do the assembly work.

Finding the instruction, on the other hand, is going to be harder. I'll take a look at it and report back my findings.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of modchip do you need to do hombrew stuff like this? I have never done any counsel modifications after looking into and seeing this video it looks promising.

Zantetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
What kind of modchip do you need to do hombrew stuff like this? I have never done any counsel modifications after looking into and seeing this video it looks promising.

You don't need a modchip for this kind of homebrew and everything should be explained in the stickies
smile.gif

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boffo said:
Quake II for N64 also would be good

Uh, okay, I'll just start working on that right away...

CheatingSoiWhat kind of modchip do you need to do hombrew stuff like this? I have never done any counsel modifications after looking into and seeing this video it looks promising.

Dude... this whole forum is devoted to homebrew... look around?

I'll let you off the hook this time, since you look faded in your display picture.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
jalaneme said:
i would prefer perfect dark imo but thats more graphic hungry than goldeneye so it won't happen

why wouldn't it happen? It can be emulated with the official Nintendo VC emulator just like the rest eventually.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Social0 said:
jalaneme said:
i would prefer perfect dark imo but thats more graphic hungry than goldeneye so it won't happen

why wouldn't it happen? It can be emulated with the official Nintendo VC emulator just like the rest eventually.

perfect dark is more graphical than goldeneye so even if they did get it working it will be slow as hell.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
perfect dark is more graphical than goldeneye so even if they did get it working it will be slow as hell.

Um... the only reason Perfect Dark had better graphics than Goldeneye was because it utilized the 4MB expansion pak and had a larger cart. The textures were slightly higher resolution, similar to how the textures in Majora's Mask are better than Ocarina of Time. The Wii has plenty of memory, so it'll handle it easily.

As far as Perfect Dark coming to the VC is concerned, there won't be an actual release of any Rareware titles. This might even include Donkey Kong 64, since Rare made it.

Your best bet is to hope for Majora's Mask, which requires the expansion pak. This will unlock Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, and several other titles.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
teq said:
Basically, there is an offending opcode in the beginning of most Rare titles that prevents the roms from loading with the current VC emulator.

Replacing it with a NOP gets past it, but since I don't know what the opcode does, there's no telling whether or not it affects the stability of the rest of the game.

It's not fake. I could prove it if I was more familiar with N64 cart structure.
probably something to do with a memory check of some sorts for saves? since saving is broken..

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
probably something to do with a memory check of some sorts for saves? since saving is broken..

I believe it's because the save area is irregular in size, being much larger than all of the Nintendo 64 titles released on VC as of yet.

The lack of saving is probably because the rom can't find adequate room.

RyukeDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
jalaneme said:
Agreed, Perfect Dark>Goldeneye.
You seriously gotta be kidding me, PD had some serious issues not present in Goldeneye.

Edit: N64 games on your Wii: Serious business.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the video is real. I really want to see the days of rogue squadron again, that was among the best games for N64. Mario Party 1-3 wouldn't be bad either...... but until a game like rogue squadron or majora comes out on vc, we are really locked in this business..

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zant said:
I think the video is real. I really want to see the days of rogue squadron again, that was among the best games for N64. Mario Party 1-3 wouldn't be bad either...... but until a game like rogue squadron or majora comes out on vc, we are really locked in this business..

At least until this guy comes forward and lets us know what the opcode is...

elektrixxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
Your best bet is to hope for Majora's Mask, which requires the expansion pak. This will unlock Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, and several other titles.

Don't forget Turok 2! It has 16:9 support as well.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elektrixxx said:
Don't forget Turok 2! It has 16:9 support as well.

You won't see Turok on VC.... Microsoft staked their claim on Turok, also.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
teq said:
Um... the only reason Perfect Dark had better graphics than Goldeneye was because it utilized the 4MB expansion pak and had a larger cart. The textures were slightly higher resolution, similar to how the textures in Majora's Mask are better than Ocarina of Time. The Wii has plenty of memory, so it'll handle it easily.

As far as Perfect Dark coming to the VC is concerned, there won't be an actual release of any Rareware titles. This might even include Donkey Kong 64, since Rare made it.

yeah the Wii would handle it well but the emulator itself that was programmed to work with other n64 games (and not perfect darK) will have a hard time playing the ROM.

and i never said anything about perfect dark coming to the VC i was talking about injecting the perfect dark ROM into the VC n64 emulator (sin and punishment)

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would LOVE to play Goldeneye on the Wii!

But.. it's not going to happen. Rare used a lot of undocumented ways of doing this, shortcuts, etc etc.. unless an emulator is made specifically for this game, I don't see it being released on the Wii, ever.
cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn