Goldeneye inject working?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by trent_fox, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supertag

Supertag Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2007
    United States
    got it. I was wondering what that meant because I looked up "opcodes" and was confused. That is a good explanation.

Now ... we need a tutorial on how to NOP this operation. Even more useful would be a tutorial for finding "killer opcodes" in other roms... you know , so I could get superman running.

2. Psychopathic

Psychopathic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2008
    United States
    PA
    h**p://pds.twi.tudelft.nl/vakken/in1200/labcourse/instruction-set/

3. teq

teq GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2008
    United States
    That's the easy part. I can do the assembly work.

Finding the instruction, on the other hand, is going to be harder. I'll take a look at it and report back my findings.

4. Boffo

Boffo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2008
    Quake II for N64 also would be good

5. CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    What kind of modchip do you need to do hombrew stuff like this? I have never done any counsel modifications after looking into and seeing this video it looks promising.

6. Zantetsu

Zantetsu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2008
    United States
    You don't need a modchip for this kind of homebrew and everything should be explained in the stickies [​IMG]

7. teq

teq GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2008
    United States
    Dude... this whole forum is devoted to homebrew... look around?

I'll let you off the hook this time, since you look faded in your display picture.

8. Social0

Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2007
    Belgium

why wouldn't it happen? It can be emulated with the official Nintendo VC emulator just like the rest eventually.

9. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Doesn't the VC emulator lack Expansion Pak support?

10. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    perfect dark is more graphical than goldeneye so even if they did get it working it will be slow as hell.

11. teq

teq GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2008
    United States
    Um... the only reason Perfect Dark had better graphics than Goldeneye was because it utilized the 4MB expansion pak and had a larger cart. The textures were slightly higher resolution, similar to how the textures in Majora's Mask are better than Ocarina of Time. The Wii has plenty of memory, so it'll handle it easily.

As far as Perfect Dark coming to the VC is concerned, there won't be an actual release of any Rareware titles. This might even include Donkey Kong 64, since Rare made it.

Your best bet is to hope for Majora's Mask, which requires the expansion pak. This will unlock Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, and several other titles.

12. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    probably something to do with a memory check of some sorts for saves? since saving is broken..

13. teq

teq GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2008
    United States
    I believe it's because the save area is irregular in size, being much larger than all of the Nintendo 64 titles released on VC as of yet.

The lack of saving is probably because the rom can't find adequate room.

14. RyukeDragon

RyukeDragon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2008
    United States
    The intarwebs
    You seriously gotta be kidding me, PD had some serious issues not present in Goldeneye.

Edit: N64 games on your Wii: Serious business.

15. zant

zant GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    I think the video is real. I really want to see the days of rogue squadron again, that was among the best games for N64. Mario Party 1-3 wouldn't be bad either...... but until a game like rogue squadron or majora comes out on vc, we are really locked in this business..

16. teq

teq GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2008
    United States
    At least until this guy comes forward and lets us know what the opcode is...

17. elektrixxx

elektrixxx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    Don't forget Turok 2! It has 16:9 support as well.

18. teq

teq GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2008
    United States
    You won't see Turok on VC.... Microsoft staked their claim on Turok, also.

19. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London

yeah the Wii would handle it well but the emulator itself that was programmed to work with other n64 games (and not perfect darK) will have a hard time playing the ROM.

and i never said anything about perfect dark coming to the VC i was talking about injecting the perfect dark ROM into the VC n64 emulator (sin and punishment)

20. bubbleboy

bubbleboy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2008
    United States
    I would LOVE to play Goldeneye on the Wii!

But.. it's not going to happen. Rare used a lot of undocumented ways of doing this, shortcuts, etc etc.. unless an emulator is made specifically for this game, I don't see it being released on the Wii, ever. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.