Goldeneye freeze issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by spawnvader, Nov 3, 2010.

Nov 3, 2010

Goldeneye freeze issue by spawnvader at 6:34 PM (4,778 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. spawnvader
    OP

Newcomer spawnvader Newbie

United States
    Has anyone else come across the game freezing in the menus before you can even start a new game?

My Wii is 4.1U, I've tried off a disc through Neogamma R9b44 CIOS56 rev 20 slot 249, and also with CFG USBloader v60 IOS249. Can get through the warning and developer screens, but when I start navigating through the menus, it freezes after a few seconds and stays there. Just wondering if I have the wrong IOS installed, or possibly if I got a hold of a bad dump. (Others report the same dump as working)

I've had no problems with the last few games I've installed (Other M, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Dragon's Lair Trilogy & Force Unleashed 2)

Any info/help is appreciated!

2. ToneEQ

Member ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This may not be much use to you, but I have the same setup as you, except 4.1E and the PAL version of game.

I'm using cIOS57 with no freezing issues. PAL versions of the other games you have listed are also working fine without any setting tweaks on NeoGamma.

3. RE4zombie

Member RE4zombie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sounds like a bad dump.

4. hoosier_d

Newcomer hoosier_d Advanced Member

United States
    I have the same problem. Game freezes on the menu asking if you want to create a save file. Im using the ntsc scrubbed version. Im going to burn a disk of the pal release and see if that is better.

5. gimme2dollas

Newcomer gimme2dollas Newbie

United States
    got the same problem as you guys ... froze on the usa release just after the first missle hits the truck in the first mission ... then the pal version freezes just when its loading up barcelona ... i cant win .....

6. Karpo_007

Newcomer Karpo_007 Member

Finland
    I had to remove GC controller to get past "create save file" with wiimote.

7. hoosier_d

United States
    wife is watching tv right now..............man, I hope its as easy as that cause I have a gc controller plugged in.....................keeping fingers crossed.

8. hoosier_d

United States
    The gc controller was the issue. Got it working and played some multiplayer, but then it froze so not out of the woods yet. Will play with it more tomorrow and report back.

9. Gaiaknight

Member Gaiaknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    played and beat story mode no freezes also i have played a ton of online matches.

10. marquesduarte

Newcomer marquesduarte Advanced Member

Brazil
    Try to help us with more information...
    What version you are using (NTSC or PAL, Scrubbed or not)?
    Do you have a GC controller plugged in you wii while you are playing or when you create the save file?
    What loader you use and what version of cios are installed in your wii?
    What version are your wii?
    Thats questions help other users and the developers...keep that in mind! Also, others users that have the same problem, will dont just question "My dont work..." or "My work til end"

11. hoosier_d

United States
    Just went back and tried it and it works perfectly. Played through the first level and then went and got my ass handed to me in multiplayer for a round.............I work third so Im off to bed now, but it would seem all issues I previously had have been resolved.

12. spawnvader
    OP

Newcomer spawnvader Newbie

United States
    Managed to finally get into the game, but only did so after powering through the menus by hitting A constantly. Still freezes in the menus if I try to browse all the choices.

Going to try another release and see if that fixes my issues.

13. JonthanD

Member JonthanD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have two back ups, one freezes all the time (like a 20% chance of actually getting to play the game) and the other one works flawless.

The difference between them?

The broken one I burned at 6X and that has always worked fine for me and every other back up I have.

The working one I burned at 2X and now is fine, I suspect this game is very sensitive to the speed its burned at for some reason.

I am on 4.3u softmod with NTSC 1:1 back up, using Neogamma, Disk Channel, Gecko, they all work exactly the same.

14. Gaiaknight

Member Gaiaknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ok here is my specs

using NTSC playme rip
    4.3U
    Wiiflow 2.2 277 CiosX 20 Base 57
    I have my wavebird plugged into slot one but it didnt matter for me was able to play the whole game.

15. MmmmSteak

Newcomer MmmmSteak Member

United States
    GC controller solution fixed this problem for me, thanks.

16. Kingredcastle

Newcomer Kingredcastle Newbie

Canada
    It happens to legit versions of the game, fully updated Wii. It has nothing to do with the TV (I've used an HD TV, and analog).
    It has to do with the game itself. Activision and/or Nintendo need to release a fix.

17. Captain Spauldin

Newcomer Captain Spauldin Member

France
    Sorry for upping an old thread, but hey we can't all manage to play the games just when they're getting released. [​IMG]

Anyway with the playme release (burned on a verbatim dvd+r x4, can't burn to a lower speed) i had freezes constantly when creating a profile and in game at cinematics or checkpoints. Since all other games work fine and the playme release wasn't nuked, i knew it couldn't be the burn or the console dvd drive.

After reading a lot on forums about complains with slowdowns on wi-fi i decided to try and erase the wi-fi setup in the wii settings, and no problems since ! Profile creation is error free and I have gone through the first 2 stages without any disc read errors. The disc read error did come up again when when quitting the game and letting it on the menu for about 10 seconds

So yeah between that and the gc controller freeze issue, this game is obviously very "fragile" to IO communication issues or something like that... [​IMG]

18. fla_2

Newcomer fla_2 Newbie

Canada
    Actually the game isn't frozen at all, it just runs using the GameCube controller instead of the Wiimote if the GC controller is present.