Hacking Goldeneye freeze issue

spawnvader

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else come across the game freezing in the menus before you can even start a new game?

My Wii is 4.1U, I've tried off a disc through Neogamma R9b44 CIOS56 rev 20 slot 249, and also with CFG USBloader v60 IOS249. Can get through the warning and developer screens, but when I start navigating through the menus, it freezes after a few seconds and stays there. Just wondering if I have the wrong IOS installed, or possibly if I got a hold of a bad dump. (Others report the same dump as working)

I've had no problems with the last few games I've installed (Other M, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Dragon's Lair Trilogy & Force Unleashed 2)

Any info/help is appreciated!

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
This may not be much use to you, but I have the same setup as you, except 4.1E and the PAL version of game.

I'm using cIOS57 with no freezing issues. PAL versions of the other games you have listed are also working fine without any setting tweaks on NeoGamma.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem. Game freezes on the menu asking if you want to create a save file. Im using the ntsc scrubbed version. Im going to burn a disk of the pal release and see if that is better.

gimme2dollas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the same problem as you guys ... froze on the usa release just after the first missle hits the truck in the first mission ... then the pal version freezes just when its loading up barcelona ... i cant win .....

Karpo_007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hoosier_d said:
I have the same problem. Game freezes on the menu asking if you want to create a save file. Im using the ntsc scrubbed version. Im going to burn a disk of the pal release and see if that is better.

I had to remove GC controller to get past "create save file" with wiimote.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karpo_007 said:
hoosier_d said:

I had to remove GC controller to get past "create save file" with wiimote.

wife is watching tv right now..............man, I hope its as easy as that cause I have a gc controller plugged in.....................keeping fingers crossed.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gc controller was the issue. Got it working and played some multiplayer, but then it froze so not out of the woods yet. Will play with it more tomorrow and report back.

marquesduarte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
davidnlta said:
played and beat story mode no freezes also i have played a ton of online matches.
Try to help us with more information...
What version you are using (NTSC or PAL, Scrubbed or not)?
Do you have a GC controller plugged in you wii while you are playing or when you create the save file?
What loader you use and what version of cios are installed in your wii?
What version are your wii?
Thats questions help other users and the developers...keep that in mind! Also, others users that have the same problem, will dont just question "My dont work..." or "My work til end"

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just went back and tried it and it works perfectly. Played through the first level and then went and got my ass handed to me in multiplayer for a round.............I work third so Im off to bed now, but it would seem all issues I previously had have been resolved.

spawnvader

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to finally get into the game, but only did so after powering through the menus by hitting A constantly. Still freezes in the menus if I try to browse all the choices.

Going to try another release and see if that fixes my issues.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two back ups, one freezes all the time (like a 20% chance of actually getting to play the game) and the other one works flawless.

The difference between them?

The broken one I burned at 6X and that has always worked fine for me and every other back up I have.

The working one I burned at 2X and now is fine, I suspect this game is very sensitive to the speed its burned at for some reason.

I am on 4.3u softmod with NTSC 1:1 back up, using Neogamma, Disk Channel, Gecko, they all work exactly the same.

Kingredcastle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It happens to legit versions of the game, fully updated Wii. It has nothing to do with the TV (I've used an HD TV, and analog).
It has to do with the game itself. Activision and/or Nintendo need to release a fix.

Captain Spauldin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.fr
XP
Country
France
Sorry for upping an old thread, but hey we can't all manage to play the games just when they're getting released.
yaywii.gif

Anyway with the playme release (burned on a verbatim dvd+r x4, can't burn to a lower speed) i had freezes constantly when creating a profile and in game at cinematics or checkpoints. Since all other games work fine and the playme release wasn't nuked, i knew it couldn't be the burn or the console dvd drive.

After reading a lot on forums about complains with slowdowns on wi-fi i decided to try and erase the wi-fi setup in the wii settings, and no problems since ! Profile creation is error free and I have gone through the first 2 stages without any disc read errors. The disc read error did come up again when when quitting the game and letting it on the menu for about 10 seconds

So yeah between that and the gc controller freeze issue, this game is obviously very "fragile" to IO communication issues or something like that...
unsure.gif

fla_2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually the game isn't frozen at all, it just runs using the GameCube controller instead of the Wiimote if the GC controller is present.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night