Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geminisama

geminisama Metsu

United States
    LOL, when I read it was announced, I immediately sent my gf this.
    Adrian // ADDICTION says:
    THEY.THEY.THEY...ANNOUNCED GOLDEN SUN 3 FOR THE DS
    Adrian // ADDICTION says:
    THERE IS A GOD

But this is the best news EVER. On top of the remake of Gold/Silver, I just had a fucking joygasm.

2. Maverick_z

Maverick_z When did i join again??

Canada
    hopefully this isn't a remake, but a new adventure like they say. Anyways we'll what happens

3. Dark_linis

Dark_linis GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    2010 is also the magic number for more good RPGs.

It finally happened and for good measure, the fans deserved a sequel.

5. DarkSpace

DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    I thought I had no tears, than I saw the trailer and cried tears of joy. There is a god, and he has heard our calls.

6. cheatmaster5

cheatmaster5 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yay, I am so happy. [​IMG]
    The only thing stoping me from getting a dsi is that my golden wont work on it.
    I love the past two, i have over 80 hours on the first and 60 on the other [​IMG]

7. jos7960

jos7960 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    How can you tell?
    If you have played Golden Sun before you can recognize all summons (Although I have to check on the golden dragon), and the people on the poster look like Isaac, Gareth and Mia to me.
    Golden Sun DS... I really hope you're right about it being a new game but up until now it doesn't look that way. All other trailers showed new stuff except this one.

8. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    IMO, the series is overrated, but the games are still good. I wonder what the story will be about if this is an original game, since GS2 concluded the story nicely if you ask me.

Chances of this game being an original is a little over 50%. The characters in that poster all look older, especially Garet (Where's Ivan?). I also don't remember seeing a pyramid in either of the games.

9. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I don't think I've been this excited about an E3 announcement since 2004 when they showed the teaser video for Twilight Princess.

Awesome news, thanks for posting.

10. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Whoever moderated me is a failure as a human being and I resent sharing a genetic order with them. It is for me to say that this is a crappy newspost, because it's a single-line post with zero source information, and the having and sharing of opinions is kind of one of the major features which separates humans from the rest of natural life, which you would know if you were a successful human being. Go ahead and moderate this too, as long as you understand your deep-seated failings first.

11. jgu1994

jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I came when i saw that trailer. GS is my favorite game of all time! Screens look amazing but i can't help to notice there is no ivan on the poster

Edit: Forgot to say the music is also great and reminds me of the original 2 games which had one of the best sound tracks

12. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

I'm sure this is not a remake. For starters, they look all much older. We've been able to play with them in both games, so why not in the third one, jos7960? You seem to be trying to convince yourself that this is a remake and I really don't understand why.

PS: I can't believe that some people are actually complaining about this game already. It's just been announced and they feel OFFENDED by the thought of it...

13. evening

evening GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This is the best news that came out of Nintendo's E3 Press Conference! I remember when there were rumors about GS3 being on the game cube.

14. Dark_linis

Dark_linis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    But... garret cant control Lightning... he was a venus adapt if Im correct and Lightning is Mercury.

15. DoS

DoS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Actually Garet is a Mars adept, who controls fire. Isaac is the Venus one.

I am incredible overexcited about this game. I just can't wait until next year!

16. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish
    Former Staff

Japan
    That was me. And I stand by my decision to trash that post. His post was news, no matter how short it may have been. Calling his news post crappy was uncalled for and a foul act on your side which also happens to be off-topic and irrelevant to the topic. As for news posting, everyone has to start somewhere, right? You do not simply start out posting full-fledged news articles, instead you start out with minor things in order to learn. But a negative act such as yours can stop this learning process entirely and make one never improve.

There's also the fact that some people appreciate news posts such as these since they inform them of something they didn't know of no matter how short the article by itself was. I for one am one of those and I appreciate to see such posts here since I didn't have the time to actively watch E3 due to work and posts such as these informed me of what interesting things that had been displayed so that I can check them up later when I get enough time.

And if you're still dissatisfied with my actions, then please PM me about it.

Now back onto topic, shall we? [​IMG]

17. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Senegal
    + over 9000 [​IMG] but back to topic: holy heavenly crap,nut bunnies, golden sun ds, and u guys are right they do look older, so probably this will take place maybe 1~3 years after the previous fight, and nuts, i was expecting something like the sons/daughters of issace and mia or something [​IMG] but hey, if GS is here, then huzzah [​IMG] and its in 2010, more time to save up [​IMG]

18. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....
    Former Staff

United States
    Well, I already see that it will be exactly what I said in the pre-E3 thread on the portal......people dancing around for a game I don't really care about, meanwhile any kind of game I might like is non-existent. Of course there's still a couple days left, so I MIGHT see something interesting yet, but I doubt it.

At least Golden Sun DS has a sort of FF7 look to it with monsters busting up out of the ground and stuff. But for me it will be like every other DS/GBA RPG.....I'll never finish it before getting bored and deleting it. [​IMG]

19. janouis

janouis GBAtemp Fan

wha!!! im just playing the gba version of this game... this game totally rocks im looking forward to this remake.. and why the new super mario bros 2 is for the wii? damn i hope its for the ds sigh [​IMG]

20. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Senegal
    well, goden sun and the lost age are linked, so it would be a good idea to play them both, and speaking of playing them, time to dust off my strat guide [​IMG]

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - confirmed, Golden,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.