Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Discussion Thread

Plasma_Panda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q@#VGTW$^NTNYTEWAV
I can't think of words to describe how amazing this is. It has all the charm of the previous games. All of it.
Isaac's beard and Garet's moustache surprised me, though. XD
You can even find these storybooks scattered across ...Weyard that explain all the events of the previous games.
I'm thoroughly pleased with this.
biggrin.gif
And I've only just started.
MY GOD THE INTRO IS AMAZING

wsensor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay!
I tried 3 different downloads. 2 whitescreens and 1 that worked in clean mode dstt but would freeze if I saved. (Save loaded fine however.) I might just switch to a smaller sd card or a different 4gig one and try again. (I am using one of those fake chinese micro crappy ones right now.)

The intro movie seemed to go on forever and ever lol. I really wish there was a way to import the save from the first two games. They probably did not have it available since only the original ds had a gba slot T_T.

ShineroDark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wsensor said:
Yay!
I tried 3 different downloads. 2 whitescreens and 1 that worked in clean mode dstt but would freeze if I saved. (Save loaded fine however.) I might just switch to a smaller sd card or a different 4gig one and try again. (I am using one of those fake chinese micro crappy ones right now.)

The intro movie seemed to go on forever and ever lol. I really wish there was a way to import the save from the first two games. They probably did not have it available since only the original ds had a gba slot T_T.
EXCUSE ME! YOU FOUND SOMETHING THAT WORKS! *turns on polite voice*
May I please ask which rom you used to make it work? No im not asking for a rom just a name or person who did it.

wsensor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure it was somewhere in this post...

I guess I have to go back through everything again looking for it I replaced the rom I downloaded with the lolcats/robotkillers release (they have same crc) and it just white screens on me now...
I got my first download from megauploadforum it was under nds and was the 1st link. You have to register there to decript the link to the file.
Wait nevermind I redownloaded it and its the lolcats one.

wsensor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure out what is different with my card now...
All I did was format it and now this doesn't work...
Oh well probably something stupid (same thing happened to my psp it fails to load any and all files off the mem card and is forcing me to start everything over from the beginning on it.)

we1221

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Works on:
- Supercard DSTWO (EOS 1.08)
- Acekard 2i (AKAIO 1.8.1 enabling Bypass AntiPiracy)
**YES*tested myself*with 8gb sandisk works fine and saves fine If you can't get it to work SAVE back up your date and REFORMAT!
or use another MicroSD card (some hate AP)**
- Supercard DSONE (EOS 1.06 + and THIS FILE)
- Supercard DSONE SDHC/DSONEi (EOS 1.06 + THIS FILE)
- EZFLASH Vi (kernel 3.0 OB3 in special mode and speed 5, 6 or 7)
- DeSmuME 0.9.6

does not work on
- R4/M3 Simply (Wood 1.17)
- R4 (Firmware 1.18)
- DSTT/DSTTi/YSMenu (ver 6.39)
- M3 Real/M3i Zero (Sakura 1.49/Touchpod 4.8f/WoodM3/YSM3 w/ver 6.39)
- EDGE (OS v1.11)
- iEDGE (OS v1.11)
- CycloDS Evolution (Firmware v1.60)

VentusVanitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wsensor said:
I am pretty sure it was somewhere in this post...

I guess I have to go back through everything again looking for it I replaced the rom I downloaded with the lolcats/robotkillers release (they have same crc) and it just white screens on me now...
I got my first download from megauploadforum it was under nds and was the 1st link. You have to register there to decript the link to the file.
Wait nevermind I redownloaded it and its the lolcats one.

Hey, when you got it working, were you using YSMenu? If you were what version?

wsensor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using supercard dstwo. I was thinking about trying it in my sc dsone but decided it was not worth it lol.

I reformatted my card 3 times now copied all my latest files over 3 times and now it works in clean mode again... I think I am getting another card for now lol I like supercard but I swear my sd cards keep going bad every month and I only keep 3-5 games on it at a time. (I have so many cards I guess I might just switch from a 4gig to my 2gig that I used for pokemon.)

Oh well I am picking up the game at gamestop on friday so either way I can play it at least I got to see what it was going to be like for now lol.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the (U) has different AP from (J), then perhaps Rudolph will do this one for the intellectual challenge?

lol at wsensor above me. He joined 2 years before I did and is newbie.

Pythonidae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm using it on a DSTWO with clean mode.

Does it sometimes freeze when saving for anyone else?

Game plays perfectly but at random times when saving it just freezes up. Luckily after saving it, lol.

wsensor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arch Feline said:
If the (U) has different AP from (J), then perhaps Rudolph will do this one for the intellectual challenge?

lol at wsensor above me. He joined 2 years before I did and is newbie.

0.o I don't post much (when I do my posts usually tl/dr type replies on other forums) and I usually don't go looking for games much online as much as I used to. There really has not been too many games I want to play lately other than Disgaea style games. But now I have to get a ps3 to play them they should just release the games for the pc and I would buy them all. All the newer rpg's that are coming out are too flashy and I like final fantasy but anything after 9 (10 was playable for me I tried ff11 but got bored quickly mmo's tend to bore me anymore) seems to be getting further and further away from a classic rpg type game.

When I save in clean mode it freezes on me too. But the save loads up fine lol.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
This game is SOOOO awesome...I was surprised to see the jap save working on the english versions. I'd also like to point out that Garet has become a little bitch and I hope Felix didn't join Blados and his crew or almost get killed and basically get kidnapped (if you don't it look at his encyclopedia page)

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pythonidae said:
I'm using it on a DSTWO with clean mode.

Does it sometimes freeze when saving for anyone else?

Game plays perfectly but at random times when saving it just freezes up. Luckily after saving it, lol.
Nope I'm not having any problems running it on DSTWO with patch mode.

Must be your microsd card
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Likely because they are not as economic countries compared to us.