Hacking Golden Sun 2 not work on 3-in-1+?

j2011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a brand new 3-in-1 plus, and an original R4.

I have been using YSMenu to play my games and, so far i have only run into a couple of errors.

When playing from PSRAM, pokemon games don't seem to save, but i've heard that this is because they require a 1024kbit save.
I am currently testing sapphire in NOR mode, to see if it will save properly.

My main problem, however, is Golden Sun 2.

I have tried 2 or 3 different dumps of this game, both pathed and unpatched, using YSMenu and GBAExploader, copying the game to PSRAM, and so far, everytime i boot it up after saving, powering down my DS, and backing up the save file, when the game loads up, i have to start again.

does anyone have any idea what my problem is?

j2011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks.

is there a reason why it only runs in NOR mode?

i heard the pokemon games only run in NOR mode because they have a 1mbit save, but both the golden suns have 512kbit saves.

do you know of any other games that only run in NOR, or is there a list anywhere?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
j2011 said:
ok thanks.

is there a reason why it only runs in NOR mode?

i heard the pokemon games only run in NOR mode because they have a 1mbit save, but both the golden suns have 512kbit saves.

do you know of any other games that only run in NOR, or is there a list anywhere?

How big is the Golden Sun 2 rom? 32MB? In that case it will only run in NOR, as PSRAM only supports up to 16 MB (I think).

j2011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aah, ok thanks.

it seems Golden Sun 1 works much better in NOR mode as well.

does anyone know of any games besides pokemon and Golden Sun that must be run in NOR?

is there a list anywhere?

j2011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, i have been having a bit of trouble with zelda games as well.

when they are saved to SRAM by the 3-in-1, some of the characters in the name of the save file are replaced with "."s and "-"s, so i have to rename them on the computer.

but, when i then boot the games up with the correctly named save file, it says the save data is corrupt.

is this just because i'm playing the games in PSRAM, or is it for some other reason?

P.S. why is it that RPG type games have to be run in NOR to work properly, even under 16MB?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy