Going online with flashcards - a general bad idea?!

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by B4rtj4h, Dec 14, 2017.

1. B4rtj4h
    OP

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    So I am testing some flashcards to see which one works best. Sky3DS is a nice card but I miss the ability to play DS games.
    Before I get a load of WRONG!! answers hear me out: I am NOT softmodding my 3DS. I want to be able to take a cartridge on the go, and when I feel like it buy a game and go online without any traces of illegal activities.

Now my question is: is going online with flashcards safe? Or a general bad idea?

I believe (not sure) that you need some kind of header to even go online. But what if there is no header... will it simply refuse to go online?
    Sorry for asking... but the last thing I want is a banned 3DS. Most games that I play (except Pokemon) are offline...

2. godstriker8

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Canada
    If there's no unique header 99% chance you're getting banned. Flashcarts are only safe to go online if you're ripping your own games or buy headers from people.

Of course, you could stop being a weirdo, and just use CFW (for FREE I might add) to play online without getting banned.

THYPLEX and B4rtj4h like this.
  3. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
  4. B4rtj4h
    OP

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    So if I understand you correctly -> CFW will not get me banned when playing online? How does that solve the header problem then? Or is it because I can install CIA files then?

5. THYPLEX

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    Playing a cia version of a game will never get you banned and doesn't need a header to play online , unlike the rom.3ds version

B4rtj4h likes this.
  6. B4rtj4h
    OP

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Ah bummer... Stargate 3DS does not support .CIA files... Should have bought the Sky3DS then? (since I borrowed it from a friend).
    Can I also just install a CIA and remove the SKY3DS? And is does that still require a softmod?

7. THYPLEX

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    Yes , if you want to install a cia , your 3ds must be modded with a CFW

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Furthermore , a 3ds flashcard is useless from a long time ago , when you can play games online and offline without risking a ban(unless you're anche idiot) for free by installing a CFW

Last edited by THYPLEX, Dec 14, 2017
    B4rtj4h likes this.
  8. B4rtj4h
    OP

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    I really should have looked in to this before purchasing a flashcard :wacko:

THYPLEX likes this.
  9. THYPLEX

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    No one can know everything , that's not a big deal after all'.

10. MaverickWellington

MaverickWellington *BRAAAPPPPT*

Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    I mean the flashcard should let you install CFW so you don't need to be too worried about it.

11. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    i suggest looking into ntrboothax which allows you to get cfw running on a 3ds/2ds running anyfirmware read up on it here http://3ds.guide/ntrboot

dsearnack likes this.
  12. G9XFTW

G9XFTW Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2017
    India
    If I turn off wi-fi when I insert the flash card while wi-fi is off I wont get banned right? Im new to DS consoles as a whole and dont know much. I wouldnt want my purchases to go to waste by being banned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice